Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Least favorite thing(s) about each of the Mane 6?

Gaines

Although we're listing out dislikes and for as long as you want, please try to not go on an angry rant :please: But "there's nothing I dislike about them!" is not allowed :yeahno: there's always even a tiny peeve we have about our most favorite characters!

• Brohoof 1

I think sometimes they make Pinkie needlessly silly, though she is intended to boldly appeal to children, sometimes I feel I would rather her be vaguely and mysteriously random than just outright goofy in their portrayal of her. 

Rarity holding back on magic potential, I mean it's not really our place to choose their priorities or how they want to keep their composure, but in my opinion for how long she's been one if Twilight's best friends you would expect maybe a little bit of magic influence to rub off on her possibly even interest, we see her move that rock toward the end, but we never see Rarity getting involved with her magical potential and I wish we could see that a little more, like we know Starlight is training Trixie would have been interesting to know if Rarity could ever progress past levitation magic... Or at least use it to a higher extent. 

Rainbow has had inconsistent portrayals through out the seasons so it's impossible to say exactly what kind of concrete change I'd be looking for, but I definitely think as the element of loyalty they could have done a better job reflecting this through her interactions, loyal people don't necessarily have to be clingy or emotional, but there's a lot lacking in this regard with their representation of her, yes sometimes people that are the most abrasive are the most sentimental and invested in the well being of their friends.

Applejack I just want to see a little more pride, she doesn't need to concede her well intended behaviors, I just want to see her disagree with other ponies based off the fundamentals of a situation in general, not because she's needlessly proud, but because she genuinely takes pride in the perspective she has.

With Fluttershy, I think moments like the end of, "Putting Your Hoof Down" and "Keep Calm and Flutter On" should have been explored more often, she needs to be less afraid to call her friends on their BS, and just come in between and rationalize as somepony that genuinely tries to understand everyone's perspective, even how she tried to understand Discord, I see so much potential in her being able to diffuse conflicts based on the inherent moral high ground she boasts from her philosophy, priorities and lifestyle... 

Twilight I think had to many "needless anxious freak outs" which is the one thing I kind of liked about the series finale in trying to dial back on that quality that everyone seems to think makes her "relatable"... I think she should have been more prone to show signs of irregular behavior just like when we saw her dancing lol, I would have liked an emphasis on how being socially indifferent to other ponies impacted her behaviors in social scenarios, I think they put her on an inherent pedestal to make it look better when they knock her off, but I think this is done in inconsistent exaggerated moments that seem random or just for the sake of plot, when they could have tied this to her social misconceptions from years of isolation, had they consistently portrayed these disconnects throughout the series, but I think they thought Pinkie and Rainbows "social defectives" had their bases covered...

• Brohoof 3

Pinkie Pie was unbearable to me in Season 1. She was the main reason I waited until late 2012 to try to watch the show when I could have started sooner. The cartoon gags weren't really my thing either. She got better with each season, but I still dislike her the most because of her cartoonish side.

Fluttershy has too many personalities, too many changes between episodes, and I disliked that she never found a way to grew out of her fears until the very last seasons.

Rainbow Dash is just annoying. Her voice is annoying. Her attitude is annoying.

Rarity's fake eyelashes. That's really all that is annoying about her. Oh, and maybe her special love for Spike (to make him do stuff for her).

Applejack, just doesn't annoy me.

Twilight Sparkle, her way to just accept that she has to be the ruler of Equestria, is just so forced and it annoys me. Other than that. she's the best because she develops as a character through out the entire series.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle: Gets stressed out way too easy...if this were real life, Twilight would have super high blood pressure 

Rainbow Dash: Her ego can get the best of her at times, which can lead to mistakes. Her focus can be skewed at times, evident in the first Daring Do episode where she poured her heart out into wanting to adventure alongside Daring Do but created more issues. 

Fluttershy: Lets herself go at times (like in Fake it 'Til You Make It), and can be gullible, like in "Putting Your Hoof Down", where Iron Will's Assertive Class was just Bullying 101

Applejack: Her stubborn personality...like in Applejack's Day Off...making things way harder than they should be

Pinkie Pie: Too "in your face" at times. I get her excitement but sheesh...gotta know when to get the foot off the throttle...

Rarity: Trying to act uppity when she doesn't need to...always wants to go in style even for occasions that are 100% casual...also, always trying to chase after a celebrity...

• Brohoof 1

Twilight: they kinda dropped the nerd horse angle after she became a princess, and she grew out of a lot of her flaws. It was less interesting.

RD: she can be painfully self-centered. (A good flaw, but one that can be annoying.)

Pinkie: she's easy to flanderize.

AJ: they push the "honest one" angle too much. She's allowed to have other traits.

Fluttershy: she could be more interesting. (I'm sorry, Flutters, you have a lot of potential, I swear)

Rarity: I've never been a fan of the posh "lady" attitude, and also: every interaction with Spike. 

I promise I love all of the main six. :twismile:

• Brohoof 1