Banner by ~ SFyr

events What are you thankful for?

Props ValRoa

As the year comes close to an end, there are many things to be thankful for in life. What comes to your mind that you are most thankful for, in your life? Can be from the simplest thing to the most complex and paramount of subjects - What are you thankful for? 

• Brohoof 6

My family, we stand by each other for better or for worse.

The fact that I live in a first world country so rich in culture and modern convenience so much that I get to aimlessly spend my time on luxuries like this very post..

I am thankful for my life, with what I've been through I'm either the luckiest person alive or literally living proof that "God" exists... 

For all the experiences I've had that make me who I am, we all could dwell on regrets, but if you think you have them that only means you've learned something, something that was an incremental part of what makes you who you are... and furthers your growth as a human being...

Always be thankful for the Sun, the Moon and the air you breathe, a lot of people forget that to exist is a parallel to hypothetical nothingness and without these there would be no place for the test of organic life, you inherently receive the ability to sustain a life of independent decisions(depending on where you live) and that leads us into what I'm MOST THANKFUL FOR 

And that is Freedom. The ability to have my own thoughts and not be tied down to the will of any other human, the ability to know what is best for me, what is right for me, and when these things are. To choose, I am thankful for the concept of decisions even as indecisive as I am, because that is how I know I am human is when I have decisions to make, prioritizing, conceptualizing, understanding and experiencing...  without freedom there would be no ability to learn, from the experiences that we have chosen, to the perspectives we indulge, without the ability to do these things we would be literal slaves to the will of other living beings... Always be thankful that you have the ability to change your mind whenever the scenario demands it, it doesn't make you inconsistent, it makes you human, it means you have a life of developing circumstances that may not always stay the same, but one thing that will stay the same in our world is the freedom to do what's best for ourselves and the ones we love...

Edited by Uncle Bumper
  • Brohoof 2

Badges

MLP, because heck do I know where I would be without finding it. Probably worse life then it is already anyway. And for my father and his girlfriend caring about me. And the friends I made thanks to MLP, especially my best friends for like 8 years now @BastementSparkle. And for so many great games that exist. And probably other stuff.

Not german train companys tough, screw these, they should be thankful people have too use them daily:orly:

• Brohoof 6

I'm super thankful for all of my family and friends that helped me excel in life. I've had experiences where I feel like I wouldn't know where to go. 
But the continued support of what my family has done over the years and even select friends means the everything to me. I just can't thank them 
back enough

• Brohoof 4

All my life. I've had a family who took care of me, despite being not the best person in the world. People I will be eternally grateful to, for having put up with me and my antics. Also, a safe space to live in, considering how difficult it can be for many. This is an awesome neighborhood, with plenty of services and accesibility in a beautiful locality.

I also had moderate financial support to sustain a tight but comfartable existance for me and my family. Meaning I was able to spend most of my life doing what I always loved. Which is getting lost in fantasy. Whether it be video games, music, movies, series, books. I've got to experience some of the best examples of creativity when it comes to media. And that made me really, really happy. Especially, after considering how I've been oblivious to the more real aspects of life, my whole life. I used to think of people in a very idealistic way, ignoring some parts of humanity.

So, there were some times when I experienced hardship, making me fear what my life could have been under other conditions. I would probably be homeless or dead, by now. I don't really know. But in a way, I never understood life. Or more accurately, a part of me was unwilling to face it. I crack under pressure.

My mind has been doing so since the beginning. Moving between these states of child-like euphoria where "everything is gonna be alright" to existential dread where "you are a useless and your end may be effectively miserable", whenever life forces me to recognize reality. But even if eveything went down, I would still have the memories of having lived they way I wanted. Because sometimes a part of me feels lonely, for example. But do I really want to be with another person? People are real, they are not ideas. They have problems, too. So, just to imagine being with another human being as myself, when I am pretty much unable to deal with myself, as it is. Often becoming paralyzed at the sight of trouble.

In truth. I've been running away from life, my whole life, subconsciously or otherwise. And in a very tragic, or beautiful way. Depending on your perspective. I have succeeded. But I couldn't have done it on my own, so thanks to all the wonderful people who made my dream possible. Including the people who work and sustain this awesome forum.

• Brohoof 3

My life. I almost lost it a couple times and am grateful for every day I wake up. 

My parents. I don’t disagree with everything they do, but I love and miss them.

My brother. He and I have started to get along really well as adults, and I just love it when he’s around. 

My husband. He’s so inspiring in so many ways while not trying to be. He works so hard and as much as he jokes, he’s incredibly humble. He also puts up with my tomfoolery.

@NavelColtFor dragging me through Monster Hunter World kicking and screaming. He also helps keep that one guy who seems pretty cool around. 

@Jericwho often gets call the head of the site. That’s wrong. She’s the heart. She’s incredible and I couldn’t ask for a better friend. I’m proud to call her as such, also her wife and kids. I’ve never met her wife, though I’d very much like to. 

@Ashen PathfinderFor giving the best hugs. For being one of the kindest people I know. Honest, funny, sweet, and cal always cause a ripple of laughter through the room, even if it’s because I didn’t catch a Pokémon. You’re so tough, and you handle everything with such grace. I can’t wait to see you there next year. We’ll explore the city a little.

@FhaolanI hope to see you at the con as well.

@Creamy Artywherever you’re at, I hope you’re good. We miss you, man.

@Buffythis is at the site at large. I don’t make a lot of posts anymore but I dearly care for this site. I lurk and I know things.

Me posting as Luke Skywalker is not my fault, it’s Jeric’s. I was given a dropdown menu and by god am I going to use it.

Edited by Troblems
  • Brohoof 1

In general; my friends and family. But as for specifics:

@MoonlightMy #2, my lieutenant, my best bud. The jokes we say, the fun we have, the interests we share; you help to make my days much more fun & such. Thank you. <3

@JericThe sibling I never had; they way we've connected is just something else. I love and appreciate you so much.<3

@TroblemsYou mean so much to me I don't have any words for that. Thank you for just being you; even if you do somehow miss Pokemon; OMG HOW DID YOU DO TH-errr, okay yah, like I said, Love you. So much. <3

@The Wife of DoumaI know we broke up, but still know that I treasure whatever relationship we still have. Hope that continues through the ages. <3

@Lady KirinessI MISSED YOU!!!!! <3

@Dark HorseI hope to see you again man! <3

There are other here, so if I missed you, I apologize.

Most important is my mother. The one who really raised me and I will do what I can to make sure she has a good life from here.

Also my co-workers. Good people!

• Brohoof 5

There are many things I am thankful for in my life that I don't always take time to perhaps appreciate fully, but now seems a good time to list off a few.

First off, I am thankful for my parents whom raised me and taught me many important values that I still hold close today, as well as teaching me some important life skills. I'm also thankful for my sister, even though at first I desperately wanted a brother, I would not trade her for anything now. We're two quite different people now, but she has been an inspiration for me in many ways. Overall, I'm thankful to have been blessed with my family.

Secondly, also dear to my heart are the friends I've made in life. Both my childhood friends who are still my IRL posse to this day, and of course the friends I have made through places like this wonderful forum.

@Mesme Rize who doesn't really come around here anymore, but whom was the first I met in person when I visited his home back in 2017. We've been tight buddies ever since.

@Totally Roseluck@Stone Cold Steve Jobs & @Firefighter Equine You three have been such a pleasure to get to know. All true hearted individuals with many admirable qualities; I'm thankful for all the good times and memories shared with you.

@Jeric, @Ashen Pathfinder, @The Wife of Douma, @Troblems , @Randimaxis, @NavelColt and all the rest of the MLPF mod team over the years. I had the pleasure of meeting up with many of you in person at the 2019 (and last!) BronyCon in Baltimare, and my only regret is wishing it could've been longer. Hopefully we can do it again sometime. <3

And of course, a few honorable mentions have to go to names such as @Sparklefan1234, @Kyoshi, @Astral Soul, @Rising Dusk, @Courageous Thunder Dash,@Steel Accord, @MonsoonVisionz, and everyone else throughout this fine community. Things would be very different without you all and the wonderful memories I've made here. :twi:

• Brohoof 6
  • teacup 1

Badges

Life has not always been easy for me, but there are definitely things which I'm thankful for.

I'm able to do interesting work and increase my knowledge and skills each day.

When I discovered FiM more or less two years ago, it had a big impact on me. I'm grateful for that and the journey I'm on since that.

This journey allowed me to meet many interesting, cool and awesome people. Not only but definitely here. Such awesome people like:

@Magical Mare @Sir Hugsalot @Midnight Danny @Firefighter Equine  @GeneralDirection @Diane Velvet @Tacodidra @Cagey @Treeglow Flicker  @Dark Horse @Rikifive @EpicEnergy @Pandora @Totally Roseluck @TheRockARooster @Deae Rising Shine~ @Rising Dusk @Dynamo Pad @Ayalon @strongwilled_pegasus @Sparklefan1234 @Fluttershyfan94 and so many more. Especially @AppleButt :)

I'm so grateful that I have met you :>

I'm still learning so much each day from this wonderful fandom and this phenomena named FiM. This year I had my first real world interaction with bronies and it was wonderful. My first life pony music event I will never forget. I also had the pleasure to meet Ellen-Ray Henessy in real life, and she is such a wonderful and positive human being and so full of energy.

These experiences left really a deep positive impression on me for which Im really thankful for.

I'm also very grateful for my daily cups of tea. Note: I think there should me be more plural -s .... so cupsss ... s of tea :>

Of course I'm also and especially grateful for the tea Ive got from @Buffy :>

• Brohoof 10

22 minutes ago, Astral Soul said:

Life has not always been easy for me, but there are definitely things which I'm thankful for.

When I discovered FiM more or less two years ago, it had a big impact on me. I'm grateful for that and the journey I'm on since that.

This journey allowed me to meet many interesting, cool and awesome people. Not only but definitely here. Such awesome people like:

@Magical Mare @Sir Hugsalot @Midnight Danny @Firefighter Equine  @GeneralDirection @Diane Velvet @Tacodidra @Cagey @Treeglow Flicker  @Dark Horse @Rikifive @EpicEnergy @Pandora @Totally Roseluck @TheRockARooster @Deae Rising Shine~ @Rising Dusk @Dynamo Pad @Ayalon @strongwilled_pegasus @Sparklefan1234 @Fluttershyfan94 and so many more. Especially @AppleButt :)

I'm still learning so much each day from this wonderful fandom and this phenomena named FiM. This year I had my first real world interaction with bronies and it was wonderful. My first life pony music event I will never forget. I also had the pleasure to meet Ellen-Ray Henessy in real life, and she is such a wonderful and positive human being and so full of energy.

These experiences left really a deep positive impression on me for which Im really thankful for.

I'm also very grateful for my daily cups of tea. Note: I think there should me be more plural -s .... so cupsss ... s of tea :>

Oh, Wowy wow wow! Thank you SO much, @Astral Soul for this beautiful mention! And thank you to ALL of my little ponies for participating in Kindness day while helping your friends to feel the warmth and magic of friendship!! 

Sadly, I won't be able to respond to you all as I'm in a hurry but please know that I send a BIG hug and warm wishes to you all! /)
** BIG PURPLE PONY HUGS YOUR WAY **

Until next time! *rides off into the sunset on her cotton candy chariot*  

With love,
Buffy 

• Brohoof 6
  • teacup 2

I'm grateful for many things today irl and in the digital world the last few weeks have been amazing thanks to many people I'm grateful
to know you all 

my entire time on the forums has been amazing thanks to you all many good people thank you for everything on here the forums has changed my life so much

I'm thankful to have good parents I'm thankful to have a bestfriend I'm thankful i'm given so much opportunity in my life  there is so much to be thankful about i can't mention it all

• Brohoof 2
  • teacup 1

I'm thankful for all the trials I've been throughout the years. Without them, I wouldn't be who I am today. God has been merciful to me and no amount of thanks to the Great God above would suffice. I'm also thankful for all of my family, friends (both here and irl) who've always been there for me. 

• Brohoof 3

19 hours ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

@MoonlightMy #2, my lieutenant, my best bud. The jokes we say, the fun we have, the interests we share; you help to make my days much more fun & such. Thank you. <3

this is so sweet omg, i'm super thankful for you too, you're so wonderful to talk to and chill with, and now i have the added bonus of bugging you for cat pics 💞

• Brohoof 1
  • teacup 1

I have so many things to be thankful for.

It's a little hard to be thankful this year, though. I've lost so many family members. I know that things are going to be bittersweet this upcoming holiday for my family...

But I still have family. I am thankful for the ones I still have. I am thankful for all that I have in life. I am thankful for the friends I've made here and elsewhere. (No offense, but I have so many that I just can't possibly tag them all. :ButtercupLaugh: But I am thinking of you all. You know who you are.) And even that is saying a lot for me. I can still remember days where the number of friends I had was either Zero or close to it. And I am thankful that I have a future, no matter what it may be.

I may edit this entry later. Tag a bunch of friends just so no one feels left out. But for now, this will do.

• Brohoof 1
  • teacup 1

12 hours ago, Astral Soul said:

Finally I can respond to this the way I wish to...

Astral, You melted my heart, thank You so much for putting me among these fine, honorable and wholesome ponies :( It's a pleasure to share my life with You and spend time with You. You're an absolute gentleman of a pony with great sense of humor, overall, to make it short - You're amazing. And You remained with me even when I became distant to entire world due to my own emotional struggles. I'll never forget that.

Now my turn...

I came to this website in state of despair, being part of the fandom for 2 years yet having nowhere to express this part of myself. That has put me in a very vulnerable position here, because when You're THAT thirsty, so to say, You are willing to drink even spoiled water. But I've met here people, who showed me kindness and put up with me being a very socially awkward being. Instead of being exploited in my vulnerability - I was cherished and encouraged to be the better version of myself. I owe all of You a lot and sincerely love You all. For being part of this community and allowing people, who today share my struggles back from 2013 to have their safe space, where they can feel like they're appreciated for who they are. My first thank You is to everyone gathered here. You, people are absolutely the best on the Internet by my book.

Now, with that said allow me to proceed to personal "thank yous" of today. :coco:

First of all, I am thankful to @Magical Mare. I wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for her. At one point I was in a state of steady decline abandoning a lot of things I loved, this forum and this community included unfortunately. But even when I was at my absolute worst she never gave up on me. Heck, her stubborness on that matter easily outmatched my own, if not for that then I dread to even imagine what would become of me today. Silky. By my book You truly embody elements of harmony, because during 8 years of our history together You've done things that amazed me. I love You, what You did for me no words can fully express. You truly carried my flame when I was doing such a bad job at doing it myself... :( *hugs tightly*

@Astral Soul - You I mentioned already, but You need to get Your hug, so *hugs* <3 

@Dynamo Pad - You're a true quality friend, interacting with You is nothing but pleasure, there are few people in the world that can truly match You when it comes to being fun. I am so happy Silky introduced us to each other and will never forget how our ridiculous "aim for the butt" started :laugh: *hugs* <3

@TheRockARooster - and here's the amazing chef :3 I was so happy to find out You're still around and even happier to still have You as my friend <3 I love Your sense of humor (with a plus!), how cheerful and wholesome You are! And well, according to @Buffy You're my brother, s ohere's that *hugs* <3

@Jeric - You said something to me yesterday that completely shook me to my core. You know what I am talking about ;) You've been always such a dear friend to me and I am happy to be able to talk to You again. Playful, kind. It is such a relief that You're still around :rarity: *hugs* <3 

@Sophie H. - my fellow Lego fan that gave me such a fun gift not so long ago :3 Don't think You're safe from my revenge. Nopony is safe, when I have my eyes on them >:3 *hugs* <3

@Nitobit - shennanigans with You on the forums are always fun, especially when we involve and confuse Magical Mare :laugh: I love what a playful pony You are, I am always happy to hang out with You and truly thankful to You for giving me a chance at being Your friend <3 *hugs* <3

I salute to everypony here and to amazing community we are making together. You're all breathtaking <3 

• Brohoof 4
  • teacup 1

My family first and foremost. They have given me everything and have always been so accepting and loving of me. I don't know where I would be without them. I'm not really going to mention every single friend I have here, as I've done that before, but my true friends know exactly who they are and I cherish them greatly. My definition of friendship has become a lot more tight nit with the people who truly know me. There are people I talk to every now and then, then people I talk to frequently but don't feel as close to, and then there is a true lifetime bond. 

I am thankful for my experiences, no matter how hard they were, because it made me grow stronger. 

• Brohoof 1

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned