Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batman: The Animated Series Trivia - Dedication to the late Kevin Conroy.

Ganondorf8

Welcome to the... Huh? What's this? A trivia that's not dedicated to My Little Pony Generation 4 or Generation 5?

Allow me to explain this one.

Last week, Kevin Conroy passed away at the age of 66 due to cancer. For those of you who don't know who he was, he was a voice actor best known as the voice of Batman for the past 30 years beginning with the critically acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series. This was followed up by appearances in Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and numerous animated movies featuring the caped crusader. A couple of examples of these include 'Batman: Mask of the Phantasm', 'Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero', and 'Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker'.

It has been said that Conroy was arguably the best voice actor Batman has ever had, and if you're familiar with this series, you know why.

Since we Event Coordinators have been given permission to create events whether they relate to MLP or not, we thought about how best to pay tribute to Kevin Conroy. You've seen one piece of that in the form of a banner at the top of the forums , and this thread right here would be another piece. I was given the go ahead on making this thread so here we are.

Do you want a special Batman themed badge? Then this is the trivia for you.

This time however, I did not create these questions. Someone else gave these to me and insisted that I shared them with all of you. If I recall correctly, he wore a green suit with question marks all over it. I believe he referred to himself as 'The Riddler' and boasted that no one can figure out his questions. Let's see if anyone here can prove him wrong. The standard rules for trivia apply as usual. You get four days, you can ask for a single day extension, and you can work together to solve these questions.

And just because he put himself out there, send your answers to @Riddler. Apparently, he decided to make an account here just for this very occasion. Remember, send your answers to @Riddler.

Here we go.

1. Kevin Conroy would provide the voice of Batman, but he had his heart set on voicing someone else. Which character did he want to voice originally?

2. Who scored the music for this series?

3. A fan favourite episode was 'Beware the Grey Ghost', and what made this one extra special was a celebrity had been cast to voice the Grey Ghost. Who was this celebrity?

4. Before Mark Hamill became the voice of The Joker, another actor had originally been cast. Who was that actor and why did he have to abandon the role?

5. Batman: The Animated Series knew how to respect its inspiration. Tell me, what cartoon does it pay a homage to? 

6. The episode 'Almost Got 'Im', was influenced by which story arc in the Batman comics? Also, Two-Face's strategy in this episode was taken from what comic?

7. Not all villains in Batman: The Animated Series originated from the comics. Which villain didn't have such origins? 

8. Harley Quinn, a fan favourite villain, was voiced by two different voice actresses, yet who was the first to voice her?

9. What year does the show take place in?

10. As a result of the show's success, the Batman comics would see one character have their origins changed to match what the cartoon had done. Do you know who that character was?

Edit: Question #6 has been changed due to the fact that the episode listed was the right answer.

• Brohoof 2

Please see the initial post for a change in questions.

The original version for question #6 has been replaced with another one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Brohoof 1

This trivia is going to be ending sometime this evening. I honestly don't know how many even took part in this given how few posts there are but I'm hoping enough people did. I know this wasn't anything MLP related but I've been given the approval to have trivia events that have nothing to do with MLP.

Expect more trivia of this nature (Not the reality) in the future.

• This topic was locked, unfeatured and unpinned