Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

World Cup Location & Coach Reveals

Jeric

Here are the first two divisions with the head coaches assigned. 

Division 1 

Ponyville - Derpy 

Sweet Apple Acres - Big Mac

School of Friendship - Starlight Glimmer 

Everfree Forest - Zecora 

Division 2 

Kirin Village - Autumn Blaze 

Yakyakistan - Yona 

Manehattan - Coco Pommel 

Maretime Bay - Sunny Starscout

• Brohoof 6

Division 3

Canterlot High - Sunset Shimmer

Ponyland - Firefly 

Bridlewoood - Izzy Moonbow

Las Pegasus - Flim 

Division 4 

Crystal Empire - Sunburst

Appleoosa - Braeburn 

Somnambula - Somnambula

Hope Hollow - Kerfuffle

• Brohoof 3

• The title was changed to World Cup Location Reveal (Division 1 & 2)

full.png

HAHA! Foolish mortals, underestimate Team Ponyville at your own peril! I call the denizens of Equestria, all creatures great and small, to our side. Led by our valiant leader, we will surely crush all before our might!!! :angry:

large.jpg

TO ARMS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE DERP! WHATEVER END WE MAY MEET, WE SHALL LEAVE OUR ENEMIES BROKEN, STRICKEN WITH TERROR IF THEY SO MUCH AS UTTER OUR NAME!!! :Cozy:

848183.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Back Again with the next two divisions 

Division 5

Moon - Nightmare Moon

Griffonstone - Gilda 

Wonderbolts Academy - Spitfire 

Rock Farm - Maud Pie 

Division 6

Zephyr Heights - Zipp 

Dragon Lands - Ember 

Tartarus - Tirek 

Seaquestria - Princess Skystar 

• Brohoof 3

*reads Ponyland* Great, now I can't get this image out of my head of Firefly being the leader of pony Poland.

640px-Polandballsvg.svg.png

And now you can't either, you're welcome! :kirin:

• Brohoof 2

*Luna reading this*

luna_lies.jpeg

"HOW DARE THEE DECLARE THAT NIGHTMARE MOON CONTROLS THE MOON, 'TIS WE WHO CONTROL THE MOON! WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS TRAVESTY?!"

*(For real though, I seriously need a 'Nightmare Moon vs. Luna' subplot for this entire tournament like I need to breathe air now, MAKE IT HAPPEN FORUMS, DON'T DISAPPOINT ME!)

artworks-GxXffZ4yUQS7VwjJ-9x0SNg-t500x50

Let's see, what else we got here... ha, I like to imagine Spitfire's thinking, "Celestia-dammit, why couldn't I have been made captain of like, IDK, Las Pegasus or something? Wonderbolts Academy is my bucking dayjob!"

large.png

"All I want are slots and pony pina coladas, is that REALLY so much to ask for?!?!?!"

On another amusing note, Tirek's pretty much been assigned captain of his hellish prison which is HILARIOUS.

bMug1zHkidQM2v39rWTmlY4UOvmmJVDzzdPkLOX9

*Tirek realizing he's gonna be spending this entire tournament planning a 1-man 'The Great Escape'*

Don't really have anything else other than Maud may be a sneaky strong competition, especially assuming most of the other Pie sisters are part of her team. Don't understimate Team Rock Farm, ya'll! :nom:

• Brohoof 4

And with this we have the last 8 teams. 

Division 7

Poniverse - Buffy 

Changeling Hive - Thorax 

Hollow Shades - Midnight Blossom

Reflections Canterlot - Sombra 

Division 8

Thicket - Aspen

Klugetown - Capper 

Cloudsdale - Bow Hothoof 

Canterlot - Discord

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, Jeric said:

Division 9

Thicket - Aspen

Klugetown - Capper 

Cloudsdale - Bow Hothoof 

Discords Realm - Discord 

Shenanigans are afoot, CLEARLY the Lord of Chaos is already throwing a wrench into everything by making a ninth division when there are eight to begin with! :love:

Also, I just love this image in my head of Discord in a bathrobe staring out his front window and muttering to himself, "What are all these creatures doing on my lawn? Fluttershy, did you invite some guests to our tea party? Oh, I'm gonna need more plates and cucumber sandwiches..."

medium.png

Meanwhile Poniverse's very own Buffy be sitting over here like, "What do you mean I'm a team captain, I'm a mascot for a fandom site, THIS IS SO MUCH PRESSURE!!!"

*Buffy assembling a squad to take on beloved canon staples*

hahahaha-this-sucks-man-co-32435195.png

And finally... don't you DARE be fooled by the denizens of the Thicket. Aspen and the deerfolk can be downright diabolical schemers, isn't that right, @Ashen Pathfinder?

adventure-time-deer.gif

As my beloved Milwaukee Bucks say, FEAR THE DEER, FEAR THE DEER INDEED, YOU FOOLS!!! :unsure:

• Brohoof 3

• The title was changed to World Cup Location & Coach Reveals
On 2022-11-21 at 11:23 AM, TBD said:

I need to start including my name in this list and accept the self boop :derp:

• Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-11-20 at 11:18 PM, Mayonnaise said:

Manehattan - Coco Pommel

:eager:

I guess it's pretty obvious which team I'll be joining (again). Even if there are a couple of other quite appealing ones...

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-11-21 at 2:11 PM, Batbrony said:

*(For real though, I seriously need a 'Nightmare Moon vs. Luna' subplot for this entire tournament like I need to breathe air now, MAKE IT HAPPEN FORUMS, DON'T DISAPPOINT ME!)

CANON for "The Moon" during the last World Cup is that Luna finally found a healthy common ground with her darker & more powerful alter-ego. Nightmare Moon re-appeared as an apparition at the start of the games, because Luna needed to embrace that part of herself in order to finish off Grogar. It will be interesting to see how this pans out., if there's anyway that can still fit into the continuing story.

• Brohoof 1

• This topic was locked, unfeatured and unpinned