Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Bob Iger returns as Disney CEO, replacing Bob Chapek

TheAnimationFanatic

No doubt Iger isn't happy about having to come out of retirement. Granted, he didn't have much of a choice as Chapek pretty much showed he wasn't ready for such a task.

• Brohoof 2

A list of all the people Bob Chapek angered or pissed off as CEO of Disney:

- Disney Parks fans 

- Everyone working at Pixar

- Everyone working at WDAS

- Emily Blunt

- Emma Stone

- Scarlett Johansson 

- Kevin Feige 

- Bob Iger

- Most of the LGBTQ community (several of whom work for Disney)

- Animation fans

• Brohoof 1

I think the biggest problem with Chapek was that he lacked vision and charm, both of which are necessary when you're running a media conglomerate. He had no charisma, no respect/appreciation for the talent, and he was dreadful at playing the PR game.

How the hell are you going to run a company where animation is a staple of the brand, then dismiss it as just being for kids?

Edited by TheAnimationFanatic

A lot of Disney employees are celebrating Chapek’s removal which is not surprising to say the least. His comments towards animation was insulting to his entire company since they were the reason why animation is important in the first place. That alone should have been enough to terminate him but man he really just kept the ball rolling and already out not even after a year.

Let’s hope David Zaslav is next to GTFO

• Brohoof 1

I normally avoid corporate "politics" and take 0 interest in them. Yet even I had the doubtful pleasure of hearing of Chapek's "accomplishments". 

I hope that Iger will manage to breathe some life into Disney again. There are few times when CEOs mess up as spectaculary as Chapek did. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

I normally avoid corporate "politics" and take 0 interest in them. Yet even I had the doubtful pleasure of hearing of Chapek's "accomplishments". 

I hope that Iger will manage to breathe some life into Disney again. There are few times when CEOs mess up as spectaculary as Chapek did. 

He was inept as a CEO and a terrible representative.