Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wii U Tenth Anniversary Dedication Trivia.

Ganondorf8

Welcome to the Wii U Tenth Anniversary Dedication Trivia.

Wait, what!? Another non-MLP themed trivia!?

Yes, you heard me right. This is exactly what it says in the description. Last Friday was the 10th anniversary of the Wii U. The console was first released on November 18, 2012, and it has since become an 'interesting' piece of Nintendo's long and storied history along with the video game industry as a whole. I'm aware that this is a bit late seeing as we're past the actual anniversary date, but real life doesn't play favourites you know.

Anyway, these ten questions have to do with all kinds of things regarding the Wii U. These can be games, sales, or the history behind the console. Believe me when I say this. I could've given you fifty questions and that would just be barely scratching the surface. The amount of content about this console is simply immense though it can get pretty overwhelming if you decide to dive in too deep.

The usual four days are going to be your time limit as well as being allowed one single day extension. You can also work together if you so wish.

There is going to be a badge given out for this as well. Just because these recent trivia events aren't MLP themed doesn't mean you won't get something for taking part in them. I mean, I assume you do these for fun and not for a mere trinket.

Now then... Who do you send your answers to this time? Well... We don't have a character who relates to the Wii U or Nintendo as a whole. If we do, then that's news for me right there. Instead, you can send your answers to @Ganondorf8 which would be me. Okay?

This is going to be a lot of fun, I feel.

Remember, send your answers to @Ganondorf8.

If there are any problems, feel free to let me know.

Ready? I hope you are.

1. Which event did the Wii U first make its appearance?

2. Upon being revealed, people were confused by what the Wii U was supposed to be. Why was this?

3. The third party games that were available when the Wii U first launched had something in common with each other. What could that be?

4. What Wii U game has sold the most number of copies?

5. Star Fox Zero, a late release for the console, was criticized for what main reason?

6. Sega and Nintendo had a special three game deal to release Sonic games for the Wii U. What were those three games?

7. The late Satoru Iwata cut his own salary during the Wii U's lifespan. How much of a cut was it and why did he do this?

8. Nintendo Land was designed to showcase what regarding the Wii U?

9. Approximately what were the final hardware sales for the Wii U?

10. It has been said that the Wii U ended up being a failure because of a number of factors. Can you name any two of these factors?

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, MichaelWFX said:
Spoiler

I know 1 is e3 2011. I remember my old white Wii U with Nintendo Land

Please use spoiler tags if you do something like this.

3 hours ago, Megas said:

One of the questions should have been about exclusives that haven’t been ported to the Switch yet lol

I actually was strongly considering that before I decided on something else. I should keep it as an option for a trivia in the future.

• Brohoof 2

#7 I learned from a Did You Know Gaming video about the late great man in 2015. Downside is that because it was the first of several videos talking about noteworthy video game industry people and it was about a man who recently died, viewers keep panicking in the comments about the subject being dead when right at the start of each video, the years clearly say (Birth Month and Year-Present) 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, MichaelWFX said:

Sorry, didn't realize this was a secret trivia

At least you've learned for the future so no harm was done.

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

#7 I learned from a Did You Know Gaming video about the late great man in 2015. Downside is that because it was the first of several videos talking about noteworthy video game industry people and it was about a man who recently died, viewers keep panicking in the comments about the subject being dead when right at the start of each video, the years clearly say (Birth Month and Year-Present) 

I learned about Iwata over the years including right until his unfortunate passing. I wasn't going to ask a question about his personal life or what he died from as that would've been in such poor taste.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to end this trivia now as it went on a day longer than expected. Even though I didn't get as many participants compared to the MLP trivia, I do appreciate those who took their time to go through my questions and answer them. Expect me to go through them tomorrow.

There will be a badge for this. It just needs to be made first. Guess I better ask the resident experts on that.

See you all for the next trivia. What's that? What will the next trivia be about?

I'll give you a hint... 'The Morphin' Grid'.

• This topic was locked, unpinned and unfeatured