Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How does your OC/Ponysona represent You?

Gaines

My OC represents everything I want to represent, the good things, but nothing of the bad things. Yes, that means the real me have bad things I don't like about myself. By never exposing the bad things, I learn how to be a better person, that's what my OC is teaching me.

• Brohoof 4

I have three OCs, who all present some aspect of myself, in one way or another.

Whiplash is chill and open in a way that I wish I could be - an idealised version of my base personality, I guess.

Comet shares some key traits with me, most of all their open willingness to be silly. We're also both ace.

Nova has social anxiety and struggles with how introverted she is, a more negative key trait of mine. We also both tend to argue ourselves into a rage sometimes.

• Brohoof 2

https://mlpforums.com/character/105-collapse/ 

Collapse there symbolizes what I want to be ideally. Happy. Carefree. Free from my worries and pain. A lot more loving and sympathetic. She is creative, yet works hard on what she does.

https://mlpforums.com/character/20-magnolia/

Magnolia symbolizes more of what I actually am in some regards. More distant when applicable, yet deeply introspective. Not into parties or anything like that (I never really was). 

https://mlpforums.com/character/120-spiral-spell/

Spiral Spell is the more ambitious version of my mentality. Ambition is something to be crafted carefully. Spiral is a very dark and mischievous character in truth, but deep down, she just wants change. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cinny was originally meant to be a fun test at a villain, but I ended up disregarding my own rules and made her a mascot before reverting her into an actual ponysona. I have others and I can and should probably make an official ponysona but for now Cinny's the placeholder. Her simple design is easy to draw, I'm already known for her here, and I don't really wanna make a G5 character. Things can change though depending on if I have the willpower to do it. :twi:

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely started with the idea of looking like me, which is where the idea for the black mane and brown eyes came from. Her head hair also looks relatively similar to how I do my hair sometimes. However, I do not wear glasses, and haven't since elementary school, so that was just a flair I added on for aesthetic flow. Or... Actually, that glasses theme appeared in many of my self-inserts throughout the years, I think it's because IRL I find my face to look ugly and big glasses take away from that. But I don't actually wear them IRL and putting them on OCs of me thus doesn't help the problem, so why? IDK, don't ask me.

Eventually, I realized that white, brown, and black can be colors associated with winter nights (black sky, white snow, the brown of trees/bushes and dormant grasses). I love winter and the aesthetic of winter, so that worked out.

The cutie mark or symbol, of course, had to have something to do with music. I wanted it to be something that related to woodwind instruments since I love and play them, but such attempts did not work out. I came up with a wind symbol behind a clef, of which the wind symbol is pretty generic and doesn't make people think of wind instruments, but what can I do? Initially the clef was a bass clef, because bassoon was my main and only instrument. Years later I picked up the oboe and it became my main instrument (long story, I will always still love and play bassoon as well!) and I switched it to a treble clef.

So yeah, very much represents me in some ways directly and others more symbolically!

Edited by Envy

She's the ego behind the flesh, a lot of people don't really understand the connection of the trinity that makes up their mind, body and soul, but I think it's more fair to say that there is a lot of deceptiveness to how we are physically portrayed through the lenses of human eyes.. 

The talent and cutie mark ideally has to do with wind magic and it's connection to chaos magic and the fracturing of timelines due to it's usage, 

I have a lot that ties this pony representation into a more accurate charicature of who and what I am when the ties are severed from this masculine portrayal of my ego, but like I said there's a shadow being cast, and women being lunar beings usually have a solar or masculine ego and men being solar beings have a more lunar and feminine ego.. it's kind of why they do the representation of daemons the way they do in His Dark Materials lol

• 5 weeks later...

I've come back to say that I've officially adopted Stellar Heights as my official ponysona, and I'm going to make sure she doesn't act like a Sue and that I'm not an egotistical jerk if somebody doesn't really like her >_>

"Remember everyone and everypony, stars forever!"~ Stellar Heights, 2021 

The OC I use as a ponysona is just a stand-in for myself, so I'd say they're pretty close to me in personality and talent. (That said, I wouldn't want to use them in writing/RP because of that.) When I designed them, I wore baseball caps a lot, so that's part of their design.

• 1 month later...

He represents my classiness, love for tea and top hats and of course also my love for bunnies :>

He shares many characteristics with me: Shyness, love for nature and sky, astronomy etc

• Brohoof 1

I just looked inward to myself to figure out what pony I felt like I am.

I picked a yellow pegasus stallion with brown mane and tail.

The brown reflects my real hair color, though as a pony my mane and tail are a shade lighter than my actual hair. The yellow was taken part from how much I felt inside about Spitfire. Plus it just felt pretty me, too.

Edited by Toastypk

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I came back and Saturn is my NEW  Main 'sona! :D 

Although, it seems like my 'sonas seem to switch depending on the mood, so I have these three: 

R.K, my FIRST Ponysona 

Stellar, my OLD Ponysona

AND FINALLY 

Saturn, my current Ponysona! 

PICS: 

Saturn is the pink unicorn, Stellar is the grey alicorn, and R.K is the rainbow... butterfly pony 

SaturnRingofficialref.jpg.ff713641ad1b0fdaa8b3cfdc2c5ed526.jpg

1725725026_RainbowKaboomStellarHeights.thumb.png.9491a1584cfe15fa06710c51970e209d.png