Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a Mac or PC user?

Nightfall Veilwing

Out of curiosity, what kind of computer do you use? You a PC user or a Mac user? :mlp_ooh:

I'm a PC user, and my computer uses Windows 10. :)

Also, is it true that Macs are ideal for creative works, or does it actually come down to personal prefrence on wether you use a Mac or a PC for creative works? :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

Mac user. Once I switched from Windows to Mac; I never turned back.

3 minutes ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

Mac user. Once I switched from Windows to Mac, I never turned back.

What are Macs like? I've always been a Windows user, so IDK. :adorkable:
And do you know the answer to my question about wheather Macs are ideal for creative works or if it comes down to personal preference if you use Mac or Windows for it? :mlp_ooh:

15 minutes ago, Millennium Shadow said:

What are Macs like? I've always been a Windows user, so IDK. :adorkable:
And do you know the answer to my question about wheather Macs are ideal for creative works or if it comes down to personal preference if you use Mac or Windows for it? :mlp_ooh:

For me; the biggest thing is the continued smoothness of just how the OS X software runs. My biggest issue with Windows was that it was was necessary to defragment the hard drive every so often. And really; everything just works! Only thing I miss is the gaming aspect, and Mac will almost always lag behind Windows on that.

I can't comment too often on the creativity aspect, but I do know that a lot of YouTubers do use Mac's for video editing & such.

23 minutes ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

For me, the biggest thing is the continued smoothness of just how the OS X software runs.

Could you please explain what you mean by that? :adorkable:
——————————————————————————————————————————————————

23 minutes ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

My biggest issue with Windows was that it was was necessary to defragment the hard drive every so often.

IDK what "defragment" means, either. Explain, plz? :adorkable:

Edited by Millennium Shadow

1 hour ago, Millennium Shadow said:

Could you please explain what you mean by that? :adorkable:

IDK what "defragment" means, either. :adorkable:

Any idea why they went with Macs?

Well, with my experience with Windows computers, the longer I used them, the slower and more laggy their responsiveness It would take longer for programs to load. Defragmenting was a way of reorganizing the data on a hard drive so that performance would improve, but it would take hours to get done. With MacOS (formerly OS X) I never have to worry about that. It remains as smooth and responsive as when I first got the laptop.

As for their reasons; that I am not privy too, but it seems Mac (high end laptops especially) are just really good with video editing.

19 minutes ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

Well, with my experience with Windows computers, the longer I used them, the slower and more laggy their responsiveness. It would take longer for programs to load. Defragmenting was a way of reorganizing the data on a hard drive so that performance would improve, but it would take hours to get done. With MacOS (formerly OS X), I never have to worry about that; it remains as smooth and responsive as when I first got the laptop.

For the computers I want to get, I don't want anything to lag on me, and I want the computers to last for as long as possible and still run/function like they're new. :P

Does degramenting affect your files? Since I keep my files on flash drives, I don't think I'd have to worry about my files being affected. :mlp_ooh:

Absolutely a PC user. But I am on a iPad right now. I have had a few problems with Mac Pros that don’t appear on cheaper Macs so I slightly dislike Apple products.

10 hours ago, Splashee said:

Absolutely a PC user, but I am on an iPad right now. I have had a few problems with Mac Pros that don’t appear on cheaper Macs, so I slightly dislike Apple products.

I only owned 1 Apple product in my life, and it was the 1st generation iPod Shuffle, and it was pre-owned.

I thought about getting one of those iMacs that came out last year, the one that came in multiple colors. These:

Spoiler

apple_new-imac-spring21_hero_04202021.jp

If I were get one, it would be the purple one.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Millennium Shadow said:

What's Linux Mint like? :mlp_ooh:

It's very good if windows does not work good with your system, or if you want to use a old laptop for simply streaming or something similar to that

18 minutes ago, DesuPony said:

It's very good if windows does not work good with your system, or if you want to use a old laptop for simply streaming or something similar to that

What can you do with it? You can't run software made for Windows on it without some sort of software for compatibility, can you? :mlp_ooh:

Mac is a pc lol. But to answer your question, I use linux (fedora) on my desktop pc and windows on my laptop, mainly for university purposes.

On 2022-11-25 at 9:58 PM, Millennium Shadow said:

Also, is it true that Macs are ideal for creative works, or does it actually come down to personal prefrence on wether you use a Mac or a PC for creative works? :adorkable:

It's a bit of both, to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Millennium Shadow said:

What can you do with it? You can't run software made for Windows on it without some sort of software for compatibility, can you? :mlp_ooh:

No, but it's actually really easy to run Windows software on linux (at least most windows apps). All you need to do is install Wine or Bottles and you're pretty much good to go.

And gaming is also really easy to set up on linux. Especially so after the steam deck came out.

2 minutes ago, Millennium Shadow said:

Can you explain, please? :sunbutt:

Mainly the price and hardware. And the fact that with most windows laptops (and desktops) you can repair and replace hardware. You can't do that with macs.

But when you ask what is ideal, it really comes down to your personal preference. Especially since windows and mac os are wildly different.

3 minutes ago, ProjectRKA said:

Mainly the price and hardware. And the fact that with most windows laptops (and desktops) you can repair and replace hardware. You can't do that with macs.

But when you ask what is ideal, it really comes down to your personal preference. Especially since windows and mac os are wildly different.

So, if it ultimately comes down to personal preference on whether you use a Mac or a Windows computer for creative works, then why are Macs labeld as "ideal" for creative works. :mlp_wat: I don't understand. :mlp_blink:

4 minutes ago, Millennium Shadow said:

So, if it ultimately comes down to personal preference on whether you use a Mac or a Windows computer for creative works, then why are Macs labeld as "ideal" for creative works. :mlp_wat: I don't understand. :mlp_blink:

Because of mac fanboys. :ButtercupLaugh:

You can literally build a windows pc that is about as good as a mac and save money in the process.