Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you Rewatch FiM?

Gaines

When I was a kid, I didn't have YouTube, so I used to watch MLP and other cartoons on the TV. I've watched the first 3 seasons twice, and then I never got to see seasons 1 and 2 again! So, I was stuck at season 3 for a while. Then, season 4 came out, and I watched it along with season 3 a few times. Then, season 5 came out, and I don't think I watched it too many times. Then, I watched the first 3 episodes of season 6, but then I stopped watching TV cartoons for a very complicated reason.

Then, I watched the whole MLP on YouTube during the 2022 spring. Then, I watched it again during the first half of the 2022 summer. Now, I'm spending the 10th grade watching MLP again, but just you wait until I tell you what I have planned to do for the 2023 summer! You'll think I am crazy!

I can't say I remember how many times I rewatched the show.

I will say though, I have rewatched my favorite episodes over the years on YouTube. I also had a cd of the first two-parter episode (which is how I was introduced to this show) and I'd watch it multiple times a day!

Right now I'm watching the whole show all over again on wcofun and let me say I forgot how savage the characters were in the earlier seasons

On 2022-12-07 at 2:10 PM, LCpony417 said:

but just you wait until I tell you what I have planned to do for the 2023 summer

Watching FiM again?

I’ll be hunted by mosquitoes for the 2023 summer.

5 minutes ago, Splashee said:

But you are watching it now as well? :ooh:

Yes, I am still watching it now. In fact, today I just watched the episode 12 of season 4. But the reason why I'm rewatching the show during the 2023 summer is because the school year isn't a good time to enjoy a nostalgic show - school is very stressful. But a summer break has no stress at all, so it's perfect to recap the show during the 2023 summer.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, FlitterFlutter said:

I have only fully watched the show start to finish 2 times, but I will go back to my favorite episodes much more often than that. 

Let me give you some advice.

Don't watch your favourite episodes too often. After a while, you will start to hate them. I'm telling you from my personal experiece, because I learned this the hard way.

Take my advice, and don't rewatch your favourite episodes more often than you should.

22 minutes ago, LCpony417 said:

Don't watch your favourite episodes too often.

Which episode(s)?

Now, everypony has their own opinions on what is good, so this is not me trying to say anything negative about your taste.

Watching something good too many times might or might not make it worse. Many of the best Stargate SG-1 episodes that I rank above the rest, I have watched to death, and still love them as much. Same with one Star Trek Next Generation episode that every time I watch I get sucked in to watch the entire thing. It never gets old. I can't speak for FiM because I don't have such favorites that are chosen before the rest.

2 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Which episode(s)?

Now, everypony has their own opinions on what is good, so this is not me trying to say anything negative about your taste.

Watching something good too many times might or might not make it worse. Many of the best Stargate SG-1 episodes that I rank above the rest, I have watched to death, and still love them as much. Same with one Star Trek Next Generation episode that every time I watch I get sucked in to watch the entire thing. It never gets old. I can't speak for FiM because I don't have such favorites that are chosen before the rest.

While I agree with you overall. It is true that you can burn yourself out. After I watched my personal favorite ep Amending Fences probably 6 or 7 times the climax of the ep just no longer makes me feel anything. It's not that I hate the ep now, in fact I still consider it one of my favorites. It's just no longer has the emotional pull of when I first watched it. 

But really, it's more prevalent in eps that are mostly comedy. There is a limit to how many times Flutterguy is actually funny.

11 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Which episode(s)?

IDK about others, maybe this is something only I experience, but I'm telling from my personal experience that I have listened to my favourite songs so many times that they started to get old. I can feel the same thing happening to MLP episodes.

It's okay to watch your favourite episodes slightly more often than the rest of the episodes, but not so often that you get to the point where they start to get old.

This is also just an advice from me. I can't guarantee that it's gonna change something, but it is possible that it will, and it's always better to prevent the bad than to risk going through it, thinking you can solve it afterwards.

6 minutes ago, FlitterFlutter said:

After I watched my personal favorite ep Amending Fences probably 6 or 7 times the climax of the ep just no longer makes me feel anything. It's not that I hate the ep now, in fact I still consider it one of my favorites. It's just no longer has the emotional pull of when I first watched it. 

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm talking about!

6 minutes ago, FlitterFlutter said:

There is a limit to how many times Flutterguy is actually funny.

:flutterhat: I forgot about him. This is because I have only watched the series 2 times, and I kinda skip over most of Season 4 where Fluttershy is explored in so many ways (I know Flutterguy is in Season 1 or 2, but the horror of Season 4 haunts me to this day)

I never was able to laugh at him/her because making fun of people/ponies suffering is not funny to me.

27 minutes ago, Splashee said:

:flutterhat: I forgot about him. This is because I have only watched the series 2 times, and I kinda skip over most of Season 4 where Fluttershy is explored in so many ways (I know Flutterguy is in Season 1 or 2, but the horror of Season 4 haunts me to this day)

I never was able to laugh at him/her because making fun of people/ponies suffering is not funny to me.

That's the episode 14 from season 4.

When I was a kid, I didn't see anything wrong with that episode. Fluttershy being embarrased didn't really bother me because I already saw that coming much time before I watched that episode for the first time. Not to mention that I never actually liked Fluttershy. However, I really liked the idea of having all episodes connected (at some point in that episode, Zecora was referencing to another episode from season 1). This is why I love MLP FIM! All the episodes are connected, referencing to one-another, and there is only one canon. So, it's not like each episode happened in its own universe, where the characters don't remember anyhing from past episodes. No, my friends, all the episodes are connected, which I find really cool!

Still, I found nothing wrong about the episode 14 from season 4. In fact, I kinda liked it! And I'm gonna rewatch it this Friday!

49 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I feel like you missed the point. It's not about any individual moment or joke everyone has their own favorites. It just in my opinion there is a limit to how many times something can draw emotion from you. rather it be an emotional, funny, or exciting moment. 

• 6 months later...

Honestly I only watched through all the seasons of FiM once. When my head says "hey remember that cartoon horsey shoe?" then I will rewatch it.

Cuz I'll just get sick of it if I keep watching it over and over and over.. 

• Brohoof 1