Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you get a tattoo based on a franchise?

Gaines

i don't have any tattoos but i've always been interested in getting one eventually.

if i had to pick a franchise to get one based off of then i'd probably pick animal crossing, it's been a huge comfort thing for me since the original american gamecube release.

as for what....probably something related to celeste and/or blathers since theyre my faves tbh

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, Moonlight said:

i don't have any tattoos but i've always been interested in getting one eventually.

if i had to pick a franchise to get one based off of then i'd probably pick animal crossing, it's been a huge comfort thing for me since the original american gamecube release.

as for what....probably something related to celeste and/or blathers since theyre my faves tbh

Loveeee Animal Crossing, I'll probably eventually get an AC that some day, it will probably be Nook, or the leaf logo at the very least 

Definitely a few different ideas have been in my mind if I ever tattooed it up. Main choices would be Dark Souls (the bonfire specifically), Minecraft, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Spongebob (obvs) and probably something music related. No idea what though, that's a tougher choice.

• Brohoof 2

I have a tattoo of the Harmony symbol from Mistborn, gonna get another at some point but I don't know what it should be of. I was thinking about getting an evergreen tree to represent the PNW, or some Norse runes for my Norwegian heritage, but both of those ideas have been co-opted by nazis. So that's not great.

• 2 months later...

I would never get a tattoo based on anything. I don't know what I'll value years from now, if my opinions will change dramatically or be affected by things I can't predict. So making a permanent mark on my body to commemorate it seems like a bad idea. 

No. The only franchise tattoo I will be getting is the death eater mark with the deathly hollow symbol tattoo. Wizardry world has always been my center of happiness so I won’t be regretting getting it. Otherwise,  if I were to get a tattoo it would be symbolic yet conversational… so I’m hesitant to get it despite of being meaningful for me.  One day. One day.   I don’t care about ruining the body belief bs- tattoo is an art for people to express themselves. My tattoos would be for anyone who tried to tell me otherwise or change my beliefs/ideals. To show them I don’t care what they say with a tattoo carved on my skin and veins to prove it. 

On 2023-03-14 at 3:05 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I would never get a tattoo based on anything. I don't know what I'll value years from now, if my opinions will change dramatically or be affected by things I can't predict. So making a permanent mark on my body to commemorate it seems like a bad idea. 

Not even a Rapunzel with her hair going down your arm? *Thinks* "Ow!" On second thought...:lie:

I'd rather have something like a picture etc. instead of getting a tattoo, TBH because a tattoo has a "shelf life" while art can be enjoyed forever.

No, It would be too embarrassing for me to do it. I think tattooing Calculus formulas is much better. Like, you will always remember your math and never forget it.

Edited by RDDash

I'd love to get Luna's cutie mark tattooed on my outer thigh, but I've also never had a tattoo before and I heard it hurts when getting them. ;-; 

I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo, but if I did it would probably be something from a game. I'd also make sure it was small, mostly to reduce overall pain.

• 7 months later...

I would get an Evangelion tattoo in a heartbeat. I even have numerous examples saved of what I would want lol. All my other tattoo ideas are music or band related. Like Elliott’s Ferdinand tattoo, that’d absolutely be the first one I get.

Edited by Iforgotmybrain