Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Past tense of wake up issue

North Star

Hey mod ponies :3 liking the approach of altering the word w.oke to say "silly buzzword" overall, because that is definitely what it is, when used as a description of a political view. 

BUT before w.oke was used in that way it was also a pretty common verb. Is it possible for this change to be applied only to the debate pit where the silly buzzword form might be used?  

For example, I w.oke up today in my status only to think I had gone crazy :P 

And in my fics which I am putting on here first, Firefly and all the other fluffy little ponies will prolly want to say they w.oke up etc.

• Brohoof 3

I’ve been working on the filters and testing them with the intention to have it only used in Debate Pit. Emoticons, profanity, slurs (that will be forum wide), and when I see a word becomes overused I’ll replace it with something goofy. 

Don’t worry, it won’t impact the other places for long, things should go back to normal in a day. 

• Brohoof 4

There are some words I would love to get auto removed. Words that are part of links that spammers usually use. It would seriously hinder the battle between the good and evil of the internet.

• Brohoof 1

I'm about done with my testing. Woke should not longer be replaced. Having some words only impacted in Debate will be a later project. 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

I'm about done with my testing. silly buzzword should not longer be replaced. Having some words only impacted in Debate will be a later project. 

Thank you very much for your time! Hope we didn't take much of your time especially this month full of holidays which you should've spent with family etc.! 😘:mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-12-31 at 7:41 AM, Jeric said:

I'm about done with my testing. Woke should not longer be replaced. Having some words only impacted in Debate will be a later project. 

missed this at the time, but huzzah! and thanks :) I woke up. you woke up. just worked on my status too!

thanks Jeric :)