Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RIP Pele.

CastletonSnob

RIP Pele. For those not into football he was Brazil's all-time top goalscorer, he scored over 1200 goals in his entire career, and he was the only man to ever win three world cup titles. Has to be in the conversation when talking about who the potential GOAT is.

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Splashee said:

I remember watching a documentary of him when I was a kid. RIP Pele

Same, but a story about him for class. That was in 1985 and … third grade I think.  I actually thought he was already deceased, not sure why. Probably because I haven’t heard a reference to him in ages … the 90’s in an Adam Sandler comedy album. I can name only three footballers I’m aware of by name and he is one of them. I think that right there is the most American thing I’ve said today. 

• Brohoof 1

Pelé is one of soccer's all-time greats for reasons @daviddaviddavid already stated. He's in the conversation for GOAT among soccer players. He's nicknamed "O Rei" (translated to "The King") in 1958 and more than lived it up.

RIP, King.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

For me as a football fan, he was one of the best football player who ever lived. And he was also a honorary member of my favorite football club 1. FC Köln (although he never played for them). It is a shock and sad to see that he past away.

RIP Pelé. 

• Brohoof 1