Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Lenus Epione

MoonBunny

Hello there, a friend of mine suggested that I try one of these little trends... I saw her blog about it and thought maybe it would be a great way to pass the time. 

And I don't have any commission jewellery work as of right now so, why not? 

I don't think I am the most interesting individual but I received a few questions aimed at myself on my friends post. So here we are! I look forward to meeting you all. 

- Len

• Brohoof 1

Greetings!

In regards to your jewelry making, is there a certain style or collective theme you like to go for, or do you meet whatever your clients request with what you have to the best of your abilities?

If applicable, what metals do you like to work with, and do you do any wire work or soldering?

What's the best thing to combine or pair with Pretzels in your opinion? Either hard or soft.

Any favorite memories that involve rain?

Whats the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why?

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Greetings!

In regards to your jewelry making, is there a certain style or collective theme you like to go for, or do you meet whatever your clients request with what you have to the best of your abilities?

If applicable, what metals do you like to work with, and do you do any wire work or soldering?

What's the best thing to combine or pair with Pretzels in your opinion? Either hard or soft.

Any favorite memories that involve rain?

Whats the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why?

Hello there, 

thank you so much for the wonderful questions. 

I definitely enjoy to personally make more old-style pieces, i definitely avoid the more garish look of nowadays jewellery - i prefer to follow the structure of most ancient necklaces and headpieces and then put my own modern twist on it, it keeps its sophisticated appearance whilst also being functional. But i do put a lot of what my client requests into the piece, i just make sure they are aware that i refuse to do anything that i do not particularly like the look of. Whilst what i do is a business it is also my livelihood and what i enjoy to do, therefore everything i put into my work must come from my soul.

I enjoy silver, a lot of ponies usually go for Gold but it is hard to combine the most thrilling of accents with such a bright and out their design, not to mention i personally believe Gold is overused and honestly makes a pony look tacky. However Gold may be necessary depending on the enchantment, you see not only do i have to keep the structure and overall aesthetic of the piece i also have to keep in mind how the elements mesh with each other and whether it will be a good combination for enchanting and casting magic on it. Usually i am pretty good at this - if i do say so myself. 

With wire work it is not what i use predominantly for the structure of the piece, i rather like to use silver wire to create accents and truly make the piece stand out. Framing my gems/jewels is one of the most important parts of my work. I used to use solder when i first started out but i was able to combat using it via learning the correct spells to mesh metals together without needing something between to do it for me. 

I love chocolate toppings, sound pretty basic but if you put some banana with some melted chocolate - ugh! It is brilliant. (I am now hungry)

The longest time i have been without sleep was probably when me and my friend Moon got lost in a cave looking for some materials for work, i couldn't sleep, you see i have mild claustrophobia and being in those tight spaces for so long was truly setting it off.

I hope i answered your questions correctly,

- Len

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...