Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 pastel human dolls may be coming

Steve Piranha

Wonder if this’ll mean they’re gonna make a animated movie or show?

Also if you’re going to bring back EQG can you at least finish Sunset’s story?

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Megas said:

Also if you’re going to bring back EQG can you at least finish Sunset’s story?

We can only hope. :worry:

I think Pipp and Zipp look the best out of all of these "dolls". 

Do you think the Hasbro still interested in competing with Bratz and Barbie dolls? I don't believe the Hasbro wants to comeback to EQG era.

The main reason why the girls had been pushed into high school because of the Monster High :ooh:

Edited by RDDash

Those designs just feel so factory-line product, which they are of course but they don't have to seem like it, you know? I have this one Rarity EQG figure that actually looks great, it is quite cute. A good design philosophy is possible, if corporations actually cared about anything besides money. :yeahno: That's not even considering a possible EQG show for gen 5, which I personally am against.

Edited by Kyoshi

33 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Those designs just feel so factory-line product,

I think they'd look better if their eyes were a little smaller and less cat-like. I swear Pipp looks like she has cat eyes. :wau:

• Brohoof 1

I hope it's true. A G5 Equestria Girls series would be awesome. I personally liked Equestria Girls better than Friendship is Magic. So I'm cool with a new Equestria Girls series(screw the close minded haters).

24 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

G5 hasn't even got any traction yet and they are already giving it a cyanide pill. Hasbro can be really cruel :ButtercupLaugh:

How is it a cyanide pill?

46 minutes ago, LonelyYugi said:

How is it a cyanide pill?

Equestria girls lived off from the hype there was from both FiM and Monster High. The formula worked because ugly barbie dolls in monster or enchanted settings was a trend back then. Nowadays the trend has moved and not even Monster High kept its popularity.

Now, G5 hasn't been the great hit they expected and the long hiatus between the movie and a continuation let things cool down too much. Developing a new toy isn't cheap and from the production perspective making molds for a toy that's completely different anatomically is far more expensive than if you just modify the model and get the mold made anew. These things add up with the fact that the monster high formula is not the current trend, and you have a recipe for big failure.

Making a equestria girls right now when is not trendy, with G5 that didn't quite take off from the ground. It's a terrible play.

• Brohoof 1

I still don't understand why they can't make the doll faces look good (the EqG Minis were the only exception). :please: At least they're slightly less creepy than some of the earlier ones.

I'm not expecting any new animated EqG content until I hear something about it. Many of the earlier toys had nothing to do with the cartoons in the end (Pony Life Sunset being an example).

• Brohoof 3

Hoping if we get a new EQG series that Sunset has a role, due to how time moves slower in the Human world. Would be nice if they wrap up Sunsets previous stories thou. Either way im excited for the possibility of new EQG content, hopefully its 2D animation though. 

7CF93359-AB17-46D1-931C-FFA0702E7AC6.jpeg

These are pretty hard to look at it and are, unfortunately, another example of low quality MLP merchandise. I wish G5 would stray away from the EqG treatment.

8 hours ago, RainyDash said:

Hoping if we get a new EQG series that Sunset has a role, due to how time moves slower in the Human world. Would be nice if they wrap up Sunsets previous stories thou. Either way im excited for the possibility of new EQG content, hopefully its 2D animation though. 

I don't see why Sunset would be involved with G5. Completely different generations.

If this means a new Equestria Girls series, I'm all for it. A shame that EQG never got a proper conclusion, but I suppose I can be grateful that it got as much as it did.

• Brohoof 4

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I wouldn't mind seeing a new EG series for G5, the G4 EG series never really got an actual finale which bummed me out. Though this is very possible!

• 1 month later...

Interesting thought ... if they introduce a G5 version of EqG. 

Maybe this could change a lot with G5 ? At least this would fill some lack in presence with G5 in my humble opinion. Maybe even get more fans ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-02-08 at 3:45 PM, Starlightnyars said:

As much as I wouldn't mind seeing a new EG series for G5, the G4 EG series never really got an actual finale which bummed me out. Though this is very possible!

Time in the pastel human world seems arbitrary, but it seems it leans towards most characters being contemporaries instead of matching it with Equestria (with the implied exception of Starswirl). With that fact, G5 crossing over with G4 pastel humans isn’t far fetched, so they may have their deserved closure if that were to happen