Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Phineas and Ferb is renewed for two new seasons

Shadowmoth2011

Soooo here I was, hanging around and having a normal day when suddenly...I find a Twitter post that hits my eyes like an anvil on Daffy Duck's head

https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/status/1613956139682496532

So...yeah, it looks like Dan Povenmire's flagship cartoon will be making a surprising comeback in the future. :sunbutt:

This was probably in the pipeline for a while. Candace Against the Universe did pretty well all things considered and proved that there is definitely still an audience for this franchise, so Disney's giving it another go with Dan back on board (Swampy's status pending...but I at least hope he comes back for voicework)

To be honest, I have mixed feelings here. On the one hand, like many Disney fans I really enjoy Phineas and Ferb and I can't wait to see what new stories Dan has in mind for them. But on the other hand...between this and Hamster and Gretel also being renewed for season 2, I can't help but feel like Milo Murphy's Law, my favorite of the Dan shows, is getting a REALLY bad deal. :worry: It seems to have been completely hung out to dry in favor of P&F and H&G, being quietly cancelled after only two seasons and completely left in the shuffle of Disney's other recent successes like Big City Greens, Amphibia and The Owl House. :blush:

My hopes is that we'll get more crossover stuff like in MML in these new episodes. Since P&F, MML and H&G all take place in THE ENTIRE TRI-STATE AREA, there's definitely some crossover special potential here. And like I said, even though I can't help but feel slightly bitter as a fan of Milo Murphy's Law, I cannot wait to see what new adventures the P&F cast will get up to. :fluttershy:

Let me know your thoughts. :)

• Brohoof 2

I have never seen an episode of this series but I was under the impression it was still being produced. I did some research (and by that I mean I looked at a Wikipedia page) and found out in ended in 2009. Anyway, bringing back any series after so long is risky. Revivals are not often as good as or even nearly as good as when it was originally on. I still won’t watch it myself but I know this show has a lot of fans so I will want to see how they react to it out of curiosity.

• Brohoof 2

The only thing I ever liked about Phineas and Ferb was the one episode that took place when everyone had grown up as well as 'Candace Against the Universe'. I watched as much of the series as I could though it was a painful experience at times due to how repetitive it got. Some variety would've been nice instead of what they ended up doing each time. At least Richard O'Brien got introduced to a new generation of fans for his role as Mr. Fletcher.

• Brohoof 1

Not sure how I feel about this, since Phineas and Ferb was one of those shows that I always had conflicting feelings about back when it was originally airing on Disney Channel. It was usually decently entertaining to me when there was nothing else on, but I didn't see what there was to write home about. Count the fact that Season 4 was nowhere near as good as the seasons that preceded it in addition to the fact that the show had a definite ending with summer vacation ending and I'm left here failing to see the need for a revival. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure how I feel about this revival. Like, I thought the show ended very nicely. Lets just hope it is only for 2 seasons and not dragged out for much longer like for example.. Spongebob. 

• Brohoof 1

Poor Hamster and Gretel never stood a chance. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I can't feel that it will get overshadowed by Phineas and Ferb and end up cancelled after 2 seasons similarly to Milo Murphy's Law.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting. My wife loves this show. Many parents about my age who had kids around the same time seem to have a show or two they enjoyed when their kids were watched. For me that was many shows. Some include A:TLAB, F&F, MLP:FiM.

I personally prefer most shows that have 2-3 seasons and end on a high note. Disney generally does a decent job with this, even cancelling critically acclaimed shows and under-merchandising them, which is surprising since they are a money generating super organization, but they are one of the only big media corporations that was able to increase their share and net asset value year over year, so I can’t fault the results. Even when a story doesn’t land for me, they usually have someone in the pipeline that does. Still, a revival is a really odd move for them. 

Interesting indeed. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-01-16 at 5:52 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Does @cuteycindyhoney know about this? 

I've watched "Hamster and Gretel" and a couple episodes of "Milo Murphy's Law" but I couldn't make it through the pilot of Phineas and Ferb. :sunny:

OMG! I just found out yesterday! I am hoping for at least three Stacy centric episodes! here's one of my favorite Phineas and Ferb songs, from my favorite episode

At the end, see the little girl on the far right, wearing the giant hat? Fans decided that she was Stacy's kid sister

The produces listened to the fans, and made it canon that they are sisters and named her Ginger!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 3