Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jobs you respect anyone who does it but couldn't do yourself?

Reecejackox

Retail and fast food. Never did any of these jobs and I don't envy anyone who does. Just dealing with complete garbage people every day and garbage employers. I don't think I could ever handle those kinds of environments, to me these guys just have the patience of a saint, and if they ever go off on customers 99% they're entirely justified

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

I don’t care too much to respect any jobs. Or what people do for a living. To me, a job is job that one does it either for the money or for themselves. Unless it’s inspired me in some way than that’s exceptional.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

9-1-1 call center people. I hugely respect anyone who can do that stuff but I would not have the constitution to handle it for even a minute. I'd have a nervous breakdown. 

Also, medical personnel of any kind. They do some pretty stressful stuff and I wouldn't be cut out for that. They're great for doing it, but I could never do it myself. 

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much all of them. All jobs suck and I don't want to do any of them.

A few I don't respect, like politician and lawyer. And a few I respect but think just get too much respect like doctors, teachers, police, and military.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I could never be a pilot because I have a phobia of flying in aircraft and it seems quite complicated to operate one. I respect pilots, though. I know it can be tiring, have pressure on you to deliver your passengers safe, and potentially dealing with emergencies like bad weather.

Anything medical. Not only am I far too queasy to do anything medical, but also it's so high pressure to have peoples' lives in your hands. I mean, not everyone is a heart surgeon or something like that, but even if you're at a level where people consult with you on whether they should take something seriously or not, their lives are in your hands. That'd make me so anxious.

I also respect professional musicians. I previously wanted to be a professional musician, but I just don't have the talent or skill to be at that level.

1 hour ago, Envy said:

I also respect professional musicians. I previously wanted to be a professional musician, but I just don't have the talent or skill to be at that level.

Likewise. Initially from HS, I played saxophone during my first two years in college and got into a good music school(CSULB) over here in Los Angeles, but ended up not going because the cost was too much. I remember practicing techniques at the practice rooms all day in a tiny little white room with soundproofing and a piano. Programs and people were very competitive, so we had to be on our toes. During that time I met people with music degrees from all the music schools that were homeless or with 2-3 jobs to make ends meet. Some of these people were instrumentalists with professional gigs that were doing basic jobs to pay the bills in order to do what they wanted which is play music.

My instructor was a saxophonist who had an jazz album in the top 25 jazz tracks in that year a few years ago and he was working in a warehouse packing boxes to support his wife and daughter. He told me he was homeless about 3 times in his life and was playing radio and television gigs every now and then on top of his warehouse and teaching gig too. It was not a life that I wanted to live, so I left- but I respect the heck out of professional musicians thanks to them.

• 10 months later...

Pilots, garbage disposal and sewage, construction and engineering, anything in the medical field, firefighting, taxes and accounting, government jobs. I'd never be able to survive any of those for different reasons!

Maybe more picky but any job that is always unrealistic with crunching time wouldn't work for me but I have incredible respect for anyone who can pull it off. Like, working for a large video game studio. It'd irritate me to find bugs and not have enough time to fix them :kindness: Nowadays it seems to be the norm to release updates later, but it shouldn't always be that way.

• 3 weeks later...