Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

蝶々 (Butterfly)

MachineGunLola

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/19674-%E8%9D%B6%E3%80%85/

Princess Amaterasu sat in her window seat and looked out at the city below.

The palace was horribly boring, but she was the princess, and she was meant to stay here and do her duties.

For now, she sat in the cushioned alcove and brushed her long black hair.

Her kimono was a simple white one for the moment, she wasn't ready to see anyone yet today.

She opened her mouth and sang a soft melody from her childhood, watching the birds fly around outside.

She wished she could be like a bird- free to go wherever they wanted, with wings to take them there.

Her heart longed to be free.

But instead it was stuck inside her chest- like she was, inside this palace.

John lied on the grassy hill of the countryside alone, watching the clouds roll by in the sky. He enjoyed doing this on a daily basis because it cleared his mind, but also the void in his heart. He had felt this since he was a young boy, but never knew how to fill the hole. He had tried food, fun, and women, but nothing seemed to work. It just made the void larger. He sighed slowly, his mind easing from the tension it held. He had much to do today, but he would much rather lie here and sleep.

Princess Amaterasu finished combing her hair, and got ready to be dressed.

Today, she would be singing and playing music for her people.

Getting dressed was tedious work, and she was glad that she had servants for it.

If it were up to her, she'd simply wear a linen dress.

But, it was not up to her.

She had an image to keep, and people to please.

Sighing, she closed her eyes and blocked out the world.

As John lay in the grass, he did not notice a figure slowly approach him quietly. The figure stopped a few feet from John, and tensed up his body, then sprang forward in a dive roll directly over John to where he landed on Johns other side. He did this in a way it would startle him, not harm him. "HI JOHN!!" he yelled as he did it. It turned out to be Trent Connor, village nice guy and best friend of John. He had a tendency to be rather goofy and awkward, but was also known as the towns best adventurer, even doing a few exploration missions for the princess a time or two. As Trent lay on the ground, he began to chuckle, "What's up?"

John slowly turned his head to face Trent, not startled in the least. He said while chuckling softly,

"If you wish to sneak up on me, you will have to do much better than that." He turned to face the sky once more, getting lost in his thoughts. He said to Trent while he did this,

"So... what brings you here Trent?"

(edited)

Trent snapped his fingers in a 'darnit' kind of way, then stretched his limbs before placing his gloved hands behind his head. "Not much, towns getting ready for the Princess' arrival, so everyones too busy to hang out. I knew you'd be free though, no matter how much work you have, I always find you here!" he sighed and looked up to the sky as well, "Things have been boring since my last expedition. Nothing new has come up. So whats new with you?"

Edited by Strong Hooves

Amaterasu was finally ready for her people.

She went to the stage outside her palace and sat on a cushion with a harp in hand.

"Attention people of the village. Princess Amaterasu is going to grace you all with her singing and playing of the harp. You are asked to attend."

Amaterasu took a deep breath and waited as the crowd gathered.

She began to play a tune on her harp, and sing.

Her voice was lovely.

John continued to stare up at the sky while Trent filled him with the news that was going around the town. The princess was coming? This came as shocking news to him. What would the princess be doing in their town? At Trent's comment of "I knew you'd be free" he chuckled softly, and pointed his finger at the sky.

"See that cloud there? It kind of looks like you. Deformed and misshapen. Look, I can see the resplendence now!

Trent snorted and whacked John playfully on the chest. "Watch yourself dude, or you might end up looking more like that cloud than me" he said laughing. Of course he didn't mean it, but when it came to his best friend, he didn't have much of a filter on what he said. Soon enough he saw the townspeople gathering around somewhere and could hear a harp playing, "Dude, I think she's here. Wanna check it out?"

John lost some breath when he was thumped on the chest, but it only made him chuckle. He always enjoyed Trent's company with much joy, and accepted his offer to go see the princess. He said jokingly,

"Maybe she'll be hot man. You can see what your mom actually wanted!"

Trent burst out laughing, "You forget man, I'm an accident!" he said laughing hard now. "But hey, maybe she is, you never know! Maybe you might get to speak with her huh? Huh?" he said nudging John with an elbow playfully.

John returned with a hearty laugh and said,

"That was the point, little Trent."

He then punched him lightly on the shoulder and said,

"Yeah, maybe I'll even get a kiss or two, huh!"

Amaterasu was onto her second song now- she was set to do four, and then dance for a bit.

She'd been trained in the way of the Geisha, and she was very good at it.

Her heart beat wildly against her ribcage, she, despite doing this stuff all the time, was afraid of crowds.

John laughed in return and said,

"Lucky is sure right. I bet I'm going to get a kiss by the time this day ends!" John saw that the crowd was becoming very heavy in the center of town, and people began pushing others out of the way. John reached out his hand and said,

"Better hold my hand Trent, so you don't get lost!"

Trent raised an eyebrow and snorted. Without warning, he leaped onto John so he was sitting on his shoulders, "Onward slave!" he exclaimed as he pointed forward, not caring about the looks from the crowd that they got.

The princess was now onto her last song. Before she began, she took a small sip of water, and prayed to the Gods.

Please see that I do well. Please bring me peace, grace, and a strong voice.

She began. This was the longest song, and she did not want to ruin it.

Trent laughed loudly as John began to run, "Hi ho Silver!!" he yelled out, "God we're such idiots! And I frickin love it!!" he said as many people were now looking at John and Trent.

((the worst part is, I act this way IRL))

(I act this way too o3o I know for a fact this would happen xD)

John called back,

"And I'm your slave.Where shall we go now master?"

John looked out into the crowd of faces staring at him.

"I'm cheap people, just buy me now!"

Trent was laughing so hard he nearly fell over, but kept his balance, "Onward!! To the princess!" he exclaimed as he cracked an imaginary whip. He looked at the peoples staring faces "Back off people!! He's MY slave!!" then went into another fit of laughter.

((dude... we'd be like... the craziest friends ever if we lived in the same place :P))

( I KNOW XD)

John then neighed once more and began running to the castle. He was trotting now, which made Trent bounce up and down on his shoulders. John was laughing uncontrollably, their little game giving him joy.

"Woah. Geeze. Too. Much. Bouncing!" said Trent, right before he lost his balance and toppled to the ground in a fit of laughter. "Alright! That's it! I'm walking the rest of the way before you kill me!" he said.

Princess Amaterasu heard a commotion in the crowd- everyone was looking back at something.

She quit singing and stood up, glaring out at everyone.

"Who is out there? Who is disrupting my show?"

She called out angrily, fury making her shake.

No one knew how hard this was for her, or how long she'd been practicing.

And now, to just disrupt it, so quickly and thoughtlessly..

She was beyond angry.

• Brohoof 1