Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G4 character redesigns

ManaMinori

somehow, I got myself on a character redesign kick. No clue how that happened. All art is done in MS paint.

Anyway- fair warning- text walls ahead.

99AB296C-CE16-4A9E-8CBB-415A6555C438.thumb.jpeg.d75097f5e74d39aaf2554643a3c91750.jpeg

917B4E59-14D6-4113-AE49-706D17F7B687.thumb.jpeg.1b88905c2c4beb334d543cf800b93b8e.jpeg
90F7E476-3E88-4041-9CC5-568850465F77.thumb.jpeg.adc5b0bc95ff1706e6cbad8f495c06c5.jpeg

For Luna:

My Little Pony x Inuyasha crossover. Just paying heavy homage to that scene of the "Fukai Mori" ED where Sesshomaru lingers and overlooks Ryukotsusei's body. However, it's My Little Pony's Princess Luna (in my own interpretation of her) in Sesshomaru's place. Rykotsusei is also re-imagined, and also pays slight homage to other shonen series (such as DBZ and YugiOh), while also being drawn to cater to the backstory that I detailed out for this scene. XD

I really love the idea that Luna has a fluff like Sesshomaru does, except that it's an Oort cloud, and just has all this space dust and ice contained in it, and her hair I made to be more similar to Van Gogh's "Starry Night" painting.

For Vinyl Scratch:

I did this for Jazz Day, on May 30th (2023), but who really cares? I'm early.

Mules are very severely underappreciated, underutilized, undervalued, and misunderstood in the world (and fandom) of My Little Pony. There's even a running joke where the ponies not only openly call mules ugly (looking at you, Rarity), but also have a phrase where they say something is "too cool for mule", and then promptly say no offense in the presence of the same mule character that just so happens to be hanging around within earshot at the time of the ponies' saying that.

So my design behind this character is based off of that, mainly. Admittedly, I found myself also incorporating some Bat pony traits into Vinyl's new design (because bat ponies are cool, and I began imagining that her mare mother was a bat pony ans Vinyl just inherited some of her very miniscule traits- like the ear fluff). And while I decided to give her a punk/ goth aesthetic (and I may or may not have taken additional inspo from anime characters Nana's Shun), I decided to lean into the "baby bat" term that goths tend to use and give her a Bat pony, coffin-shaped backpack that also adds to her bat pony aesthetic- since she's a MULE, and lacks actual bat pony wings. Her headphones also borrow from the Princess Luna's bat pony guards' armor design a little bit. And in keeping with the goth aesthetic, her bag is decorated with her stage name "DJ" but the letters overlaid so that the design resembles an ankh.

Her updated color scheme was largely influenced by- again, Princess Luna's bat pony royal guards, some of Vinyl Scratch's original color palette, along with Helluva Boss' Fizarolli. I am absolutely LOVING how her new design turned out! Vinyl is definitely the coolest mule in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty sick. I love Vynil's new punk looks. She could be a character from vamponies: the masquerade bloodlines. And this version of Luna looks awesome. Probably the best flowing mane I've seen. Very nice.

Do you have a derpibooru account? I think this will let more people see your art.

Edited by They call me Loyalty