Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Tell Your Tale Hiatus: The Show is Possibly Finished With Its First Season (HIATUS DISCONFIRMED)

Misty Shadow

You read the title correctly, "first season". Many people, including myself, have found themselves perplexed by Tell Your Tale's unannounced break from airing new episodes after always giving us a new short for forty weeks straight. Not because I see an explanation for the break as obligated, just something that would be courteous and helpful. However, I think I have finally figured out what's happening from this latest piece of evidence from the MLP Official Youtube channel. 

This is their most recent livestream of TYT shorts following the abrupt break from new content, given a "S1" tag. This very likely means "Season 1", evidenced by this playlist with "Season 1" in the name. 

Every show takes some kind of break after a season has concluded. Although none of this is confirmed, it's the most plausible explanation for the abrupt hiatus/"hiatus" I believe we can come up with right now. 

IMPORTANT UPDATE: The most recent TYT episode, Secret Ad-mare-er, being added to the Season 1 playlist confirms that no seasonal hiatus is happening. The most plausible explanation for the abrupt hiatus/"hiatus" I believe we can formulate now is simply the show slowing down on content as to not get ahead of MYM, with the most likely reason for us getting a break that was a week longer than expected simply being that the bi-weekly schedule shift was meant to go into effect after a short break. 

• Brohoof 2

I wonder how much competition it is between TYT and MYM, at this point TYT has been producing content non-stop.

As for seasons? YouTube shows/videos can change their titles whenever they want, and divide episodes into seasons anytime in the future. But it is an impressive amount of episodes that TYT has produced.
To stay ahead of the YouTube algorithm, youtubers have started updating their titles of older videos to try to stay visible. This happened last year. The MLP YouTube channel will probably do the same.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I heard TYT has been switched to a bi-weekly schedule rather than a weekly one, but not that there is a hiatus.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to The Tell Your Tale Hiatus: The Show is Possibly Finished With Its First Season (HIATUS DISCONFIRMED)

The most recent episode of Tell Your Tale that premiered last week being added to the Season 1 playlist of the show confirms that this show is still on what it calls "its first season". Thus, this topic has been updated as to not mislead people. 

• Brohoof 1