Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ace Analyst: 10 Things to Ensure MLP G5's Survival

MasterCode

Generation 5 of MLP has had a rocky start and has yet to really regain it's ground with storytelling on par with Frienship is Magic. Today we'll be discussing 10 things G5 must do to ensure it's survival.

Wow, I must say I wasn't expecting to agree with every one of your points, but as it turns out, I do.  I'm also going to add that I'd like for the Opaline arc to not be too dragged out.  We all know that regardless of what happens with her, Misty is going to turn on her and side with the Mane Five eventually.  Yeah, I too will also be surprised if they listen to any kind of feedback at this point.  I've heard G5 is doing ok, but maybe I'm wrong.  I assumed people just like whatever is current, and are ok with modern media sanitizing what made franchises great, which seems to be extending to MLP.  Still, while I think G5 has improved from the cringe days of early TYT, I'd still very much like for a lot of its problems to be fixed.  Well, that or we can hold out for a G6, though I can't say I have much faith that it would be much better.  

I'm always up for listening to some criticism for something I love, and this was pretty decent. Mostly well-presented, though some of the FiM comparisons are definitely slanted, considering a good chunk of what was brought up about FiM did not happen until later/much later on in the series while these two G5 shows are still not even a year old. I would certainly love to see a lot of this stuff implemented, and some of it actually could be realistically implemented, contrary to what was said towards the end. I don't see why they wouldn't have Misty join the main cast, for example, given that she's the most popular character on the show and everything hints at her having a redemption arc. However, the big thing at the end of the day that will determine G5's survival is the money that it's bringing in. Although Hasbro's finances are not looking the best right now, they did cite not having something like the G5 movie last year as a reason for poorer financial performance. The series will thrive so long as Hasbro needs it to promote their toys. 

That video's thumbnail has all the marks of a good click bait (not complaining since you have to do that on modern YouTube to be visible).

G5 isn't officially in trouble. But I wouldn't be surprised if some info gets leaked soon about the production being absolutely destroyed at this point.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Splashee said:

G5 isn't officially in trouble. But I wouldn't be surprised if some info gets leaked soon about the production being absolutely destroyed at this point.

Officially, but there are signs that may not be the case, noticeable just by watching the show :sunny: