Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Describe your childhood School

Reecejackox

I attended a private Catholic school from grades 1-3. I don't remember much from those years. Our family moved and for grades 4-5, I went to a public school. I had few friends..maybe 3.

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, The Wife of Law said:

I attended a private Catholic school from grades 1-3. I don't remember much from those years. Our family moved and for grades 4-5, I went to a public school. I had few friends..maybe 3.

How was it? Was it the classic abusive nun school? 

1 hour ago, sonata_fluff said:

How was it? Was it the classic abusive nun school? 

Thankfully, I had no experiences with nuns. However, we were required to attend mass 5 days per week, wear uniforms, and take part in bible studies. It was just an especially depressing atmosphere since the school was underfunded. I remember the walls were a faded yellow and the classrooms had dark red carpets.

It was a school in transition from high budget to low budget to high budget, meaning some of the buildings were built temporary but still felt like they had been there my entire life (because they had)

The transition from a public school to a catholic private school was a huge difference no joke. I want to a public up to 6th grade. 6th grade was the rowdiest for me. I started hating going to school since K grade and up. But one thing I like doing more than studying and homework is getting into fights (for fun). I was troublesome kid in elementary and 6th was like cherry on the top for me. Or so I thought. In that school, you will see kids here doing what a normal 12-14years old wouldn’t never do. Smoking, make out, you get it. I wouldn’t be so surprised if these kids in school would end up in a ditch or worst growing up. Basically, “Sex, drugs and violence
English, math and science,
Safety in numbers
Give me, give me danger
“- green day

Despite of some bullying in that school,  I was one of those kids that everyone ignored or just forgets I was even there. Maybe because they thought I was “goth” (not true, I’m more of a punk rock lol) for wearing black all the time and didn’t want to do anything with me. You would think  that saved my ass but I was rather kinda disappointed because I was inching for a fight or an excuse to start one. while I did have some few friends or someone else who doesn’t mind a rumble with me, I can feel my “fighting days” was dying. 

I moved straight to a catholic school at 7th grade up to 12th. God damn the transition was dramatic for me honestly and I can’t seem to find a word to describe it. But I would say it’s like when you get out of a prison and they put you in a rehab to get “fix” and mold you the way how a “catholic” person should be. Although I was glad for what this school has done for me for having me be more disciplined, educated, and mindful because I would have end up somewhere else. The only thing I didn’t like about it is how it concealed my negative emotions instead trying to help me with it due to my past experiences in a public school. Because I take out my negative emotions through fights and that’s all I knew. Obviously those days was over. And to have no knowledge to how to deal with it in a different way kinda messed me up.