Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Lore About G5 Locations Revealed, Argyle Said to be Inspired by Indiana Jones

Misty Shadow

The production designer for the G5 movie, Pablo Mayer, revealed some interesting bits of information about the locations in G5, along with info about the inspiration behind Argyle. 

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2023/01/official-size-chart-for-g5-ponies-and.html

This confirms a lot of fan speculation 100%, Bridlewood Forest is the Everfree Forest and Zephyr Heights is Cloudsdale. And Argyle was supposed to be like Indiana Jones, apparently. Funny how this came out right after I re-watched the G5 film. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I wish that we had gotten to see Argyle and more of this as it unfolded throughout the series as a whole. There are so many good ideas, but when will we actually see them in a convincing manner in the show itself? 

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Props ValRoa said:

I wish that we had gotten to see Argyle and more of this as it unfolded throughout the series as a whole. There are so many good ideas, but when will we actually see them in a convincing manner in the show itself? 

An episode zero.... I vote for that too!

• Brohoof 2

interesting stuff. Actually do see the Indiana Jones vibe now :3 makes sense for a pony property to have a collector dad :P

also... 

"Maretime Bay is like Ponyville!" ~PR.

"In what way?" ~fans.

"Theeee Windoooows...." 

---

"Zephyr Heights is Cloudsdale!"  ~PR.

"But... clouds?" ~fans.

"Mountains go above the clouds."

---

"Bridlewood is Everfree." ~PR.

"Ooh, mysteries! Castles, timber wolves, zebras!" :pinkie: ~fans.

"What's 'mystery'?"