S01:E44 - Secret Ad-mare-er

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: Secret Ad-mare-er
Release Date: January 26, 2023
Written By: Tom Gidman
Synopsis: N/A

NOTE: Just the episode; no compilation.

• Brohoof 3

Of course! It makes sense that this would be the next 'holiday' that G5 would tackle given how close we are to it in our time as of me typing this. Is it just my imagination or is Izzy slowly descending into madness? Then again, maybe she's already there and hasn't realized it yet.

On a quick side note, glad that 'Hearts and Hooves' Day was retained instead of changing it to something else.

• Brohoof 2

So glad to see Tell Your Tale back and to see that Hearts and Hooves Day is still around in G5! Kind of stunned at how this was easily the most mean-spirited episode of the show so far though. As someone who does not care much about Valentine's Day and shared Zipp's views the whole time, I felt bad for Izzy. She was just trying to spread the love and seeing every pony so full of anger and spite makes it impossible for me to not feel sympathy for her. Favorite part was the cameo from Misty and Opaline. Funny how a villain appreciated Izzy's efforts the most. 

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

So glad to see Tell Your Tale back and to see that Hearts and Hooves Day is still around in G5! Kind of stunned at how this was easily the most mean-spirited episode of the show so far though. As someone who does not care much about Valentine's Day and shared Zipp's views the whole time, I felt bad for Izzy. She was just trying to spread the love and seeing every pony so full of anger and spite makes it impossible for me to not feel sympathy for her. Favorite part was the cameo from Misty and Opaline. Funny how a villain appreciated Izzy's efforts the most. 

I think it's really the way she went about it, tbh.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, ProjectRKA said:

I think it's really the way she went about it, tbh.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't go so far to say I sympathize with her (accidentally) breaking benches and she still lacks an understanding of personal space. Still, giving someone a card just to watch them immediately throw it out or rip it up right in front of me would not please me. 

• Brohoof 3

Phew, what was with TYT skipping a week?  Regardless, here we have another standard holiday special.  We have Zipp being relatively normal, thus being the best character.  Pity the bulk of the episode is Izzy, as usual, being Pinkie's worst traits cranked up to 11.  No amount of Zipp can cancel that out.  With that said, I suppose the episode's lesson is alright.  That moment with Zipp at the end isn't quite ship-worthy, but it gets the point across.  

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, AlbaTross said:

Phew, what was with TYT skipping a week?

Might've been them shuffling things around for the Netflix release of TYT(however that's going to work), or there's episodes coming up that coincide with the release of the next batch of MYM episodes so they paused to keep from overtaking it, or production issues caused a halt, or...any other excuse I guess

• Brohoof 1

Well TYT is back, and they jumped right into the next holiday. Izzy is slowly going crazy in this episode was intriguing. Also, didn't Izzy call some other holiday the greatest holiday of the year? Also, is Maretime Bay aware of the holiday but doesn't celebrate it? Because they have all the decorations set up... Also, I feel like Izzy feels too similar to Pinkie in TYT, but Zipp is cool. Also, I heard Luminous Dazzle is in there.

• Brohoof 1