Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Movies where the main villain made no sense

SIgmaBETA

For me it has to be Edgar from Aristocats 1970 Disney movie.

Think about it? He inherits the money AFTER the cats. So all he has to do is take care of the cats with the money. Cats doesnt require that much money to be spent or used on. Just give them food, bed and hygiene, thats it.

So in my view he has to be the most shortsighted greedy villain in my view

The Aristocats - Edgar Kidnaps the Cats - YouTube

Edited by SIgmaBETA
  • Brohoof 2

Rourke from Atlantis: The Lost Empire. To quote TV Tropes:

• Being part of the team which discovered friggin' Atlantis would already have made him rich and famous beyond his wildest dreams. Too bad Rourke wants more, even at the expense of quite literally everyone else, from his own team right down to the Atlanteans themselves.
  • Ironically, the team members that turn on him do end up fabulously rich. Turns out the Atlanteans had plenty of gold they didn't care much about. If he'd just considered if there was more than one way to profit off Atlantis, the entire third act could have been avoided.
  • Even if they didn't reach Atlantis, a commenter noted thatexternal_link.gif the discoveries made on the way there alone would be more than enough and turn humanity's understanding of the world along with the entire field of archaeology upside down to the extent that finding Atlantis itself is just frankly overkill. To list, they discovered biggest and most varied ship graveyard in history (Leviathan's lair) which is also the lair of a giant mechanical kaiju that makes WW1 fleets look like rafts (the Leviathan itself) before discovering a man-made underwater highway buried in an underground air pocket filled to the brim with never before seen life like the fireflies.
  • Needlessly betraying Helga is what ultimately causes his downfall; she uses her last moments to shoot down Rourke's blimp out of revenge. Helga was loyal and faithful to Rourke, suspecting nothing, and Rourke easily could have waited for a less dangerous opportunity to be rid of her if it was strictly necessary for him.
Edited by Castle Bleck

Most new Disney villains. Like having nature itself be the enemy of the humankind… their motives are just sooo boooring and its seem very unnecessary and not relatable. 

8 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Did Road On the Range have a villain in it?  The only Disney Renaissance villain I think is weak is James Woods' Hades from Hercules.  

If you mean Home on the Range, the villain was Alameda Slim. He's been Wanted for stealing thousands of cattle and selling them for money, but it was entirely out of spite. The motive? Because nobody liked his yodeling :adorkable:

Spoiler

In my opinion, his yodeling is fantastic ^_^ 

Can I say the storm king from MLP The Movie?

He did make sense for the movie, but the execution of taking over the world was like having a lot of resources so why not do it?

• Brohoof 1