Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What lowers your stress?

SIgmaBETA

• The title was changed to What lowers your stress?

@SIgmaBETA

The title of this thread has been altered to make it less of a joke and more of a serious question. Given that all of the replies are treating this thread as the ladder, it only makes sense at this point.

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 3

Different things can, and sometimes it depends on how feel aside from the stress. For instance; various forms of classical music can help to alleviate stress, but it depends on the type of piece AND the type of stress I feel. Like, if I am feeling angry or upset, something akin to the Rite of Spring, the Turangalila Symphony, or the Damnation of Faust can help, but if my stress is related to sadness, then pieces like Mahler's 9th Symphony and Berlioz's Requiem are more appropriate.

Aside from that; sometimes just being isolated in a quiet room can do wonders!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watch ballet. It always lifts me up, even in the worst moments. Art has a distinct healing quality.

On 2023-02-06 at 9:20 AM, SIgmaBETA said:

In this case this video claims watching a beaver eats lowers your stress by 17%. Do you agree?

To be honest, I do agree this little beaver having lunch is probably good for at least a 17% reduction. Can't beat that sort of thing.

I have learned personally that i cannot "lower" my stress without on some level trying to escape it. Your emotions will always be there until you feel it to its fullest extent, emotions want to be felt. Stress is stressful for a reason and we don't want to be stressed, but yet we are constantly being sent signals through out our minds and body's to listen to it, we try to distract ourselves with media or we think about the past and the future, troubled to be the moment because those stressful feelings are waiting for us there, wanting us to finally pause and feel the emotions we are going through. We may not all know how to handle our feelings or are able tolerate them without reacting to them, but we can always pause and breath, focus on our breathing. Like listening to a friend, its easier to be patient with other people then it is for ourselves.

If i know one thing for sure, pausing to sit completely still for 5 to 15 minutes, letting go of the mental chatter of how i am feeling, consciously being aware on the bodily sensations of emotion in my body, and focusing on my breathing has really helped me. I have severe difficulties being in the moment, i constantly ruminate with my thoughts and its hard to be grounded with constant pain, i get overwhelmed with intense emotions, anger, fear, lust, jealously, insecurity, selfishness, guilt, obsession, panic. What is a severe pitfall is denying that i feel that way, i cannot make those feelings go away, i cannot manifest myself into something i am not experiencing, it is only when i stop to feel to those feelings is when i can walk past the control they would have over me if denied myself the right to feel something that is natural as breathing, something that is natural and beautiful as if it was wave gliding over sand on a beach. It is very painful to feel those emotions but once we register it, it opens us up to all the other feelings we have in our life's and once that is fulfilled you can see the beauty in feeling stressed because its apart of you asking yourself to accept your feelings.

Definitely fixing something that is stressing me out, even if it takes a little work. Like right now, I have to go out and repair something before it breaks, and I have waited way too long to do it, causing me to stress about it.

Listening to music, exercising at the gym, talking to people here and there, watching cute ponies.

• 6 months later...