Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hearts and Hooves Day...Songwriting! 🎵🎶

Courageous Thunder Dash

Ah yes...love songs...we all know at least one love song.

Love songs are just what they say, a song about love. The thing is, they're actually by far some of the hardest to write...

Why? 

Well, yes, there are many ways to say "I love you", but, songwriting is a delicate craft. It's a balance of description, analysis and rhetorical language. Writing a love song is like trying to navigate a laser maze, in a sense that you gotta make sure you avoid certain phrases and mannerisms that sound cheesy and cliche. 

No one likes cheesy love songs full of cliches and colloquial phrases, because in all honesty and truth, love songs don't just come from the mind, they come from the heart. Just like Rara who sang with her heart, showing her true self, go to that place and let it all come forth. 

Now that we got all that out the way...it's time...

PART 1

Think of your favorite pony or even an OC found here on mlpf. Now, write them a love song. Write it as if you truly love them. This is what it is all about. Love speaks in mysterious ways, so take some time and think. 

Once you have your song written, PM me your lyrics! 

PART 2 coming soon! 

• Brohoof 3

• This topic was featured and pinned
9 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

No one likes cheesy love songs full of cliches and colloquial phrases, because in all honesty and truth, love songs don't just come from the mind, they come from the heart. Just like Rara who sang with her heart, showing her true self, go to that place and let it all come forth

… “And then I go and spoil it all 
By saying somethin' stupid like, "I love you“. 🎶🎶

In other words, be prepared everyone, o school corny song from me is coming, jazz and all! :ButtercupLaugh:Unless it’s blue. :mlp_maud: 

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-02-13 at 5:57 AM, Rebel the Wolfgirl said:

Might take a crack at writing a song; I may not be the best lyricist but I think a song dedicated to Pinkie in the style of 60s bubblegum could work.

That would be great! Please be sure to share your work. Thundy here can be quite an inspiration. :eager:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Props ValRoa said:

I went ahead and sent you something I came up with. I hope it's good! 

;~; I wish I knew how to do that. I'm not very talented or skilled in music, so I hesitated to participate. But I will try my absolute best! This is such a good idea. I get to truly reflect which pony has inspired me the most and to be my best

• Brohoof 2

Moments ago, Princess Silky said:

;~; I wish I knew how to do that. I'm not very talented or skilled in music, so I hesitated to participate. But I will try my absolute best! This is such a good idea. I get to truly reflect which pony has inspired me the most and to be my best

I did something more of a poem rather than a song, but I hope it is good. *hugs*

• Brohoof 1

I'm truly honored that @Courageous Thunder Dashis encouraging us to be more in touch with our musical side and craft something together like this ;~;
Thank you, lovely! I have to pack and am currently dealing with a lot of distractions but I'd like to kick as a reminder from time to time in case I forget. I really want to participate in this <3

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, TheRockARooster said:

I do wanna write a song but I’m not sure how.

You don't have to worry about making a melody for now. Think of a pony you'd fall in love with and go from there. Think about what traits you like about them, their personality and why you love them. Hope that helps. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got ChatGPT to write a love song about ponies.

Spoiler

(Verse 1)
In the fields where the grass grows tall,
There's a world that we can't help but fall,
For the beauty that it brings,
And the magic that it sings.

(Chorus)
Ponies, oh ponies,
Your grace and your charm,
Brings love to our hearts,
And peace to our farms.

(Verse 2)