Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you scared of clowns?

SIgmaBETA

(edited)

Now to some level i would think its nothing serious. Like obviously i wouldnt want these guys show up if i were to read Stephen King IT book for example

Clowns armed with machetes terrorised drivers who stopped at a set of traffic lights in Manchester in 2017

But considering there is some news of some legit dangerous people like that, then its not a laughing matter in that context

Edited by SIgmaBETA
  • Brohoof 1

I love clowns :coco: whether they're unironic party clowns or creepy halloween clowns, I don't mind them. But it makes me sad seeing irl people using a clown persona to do creepy or borderline illegal activities :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I am more concerned with the man under the clown. At least the one in the movie IT is a reliable monster. But with some people, you never know what to expect. That is the troubling part, isn't it? To know that the most scary monster is the one that makes us human. When your own face becomes the mask.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 1

I am not scared of clowns, i think genuine career clowns are often misunderstood people and there been a lot phobia spread about them that painted them in a very negative light.

I think there are many reasons for that but i feel it has to do with the fact that a person is behind make up, painted with a happy smile, there a degree of distrust over that because of the natural

exaggeration of clown features that can feel creepy at times.

• Brohoof 2

Nah, I've never been scared of them.

If people insist on blanketing the world with video camera I think creepy clowns walking around is a good thing. :sneer: The other night walking my dog I was startled when I heard from somebody's house "Hello! You are being recorded!" so I flipped the bird in the general direction of where I thought the camera was. If I'd been in clown makeup that would have been funny!

• Brohoof 1

I’m not scared of clowns exactly, but they do unsettle me a bit. When I was little I always tried to avoid them when travelling in harlequinian circles. They’re often loud and boisterous and I don’t like that. My initial reaction is usually to run or kick them in the shin.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I’m not scared of clowns exactly, but they do unsettle me a bit. When I was little I always tried to avoid them when travelling in harlequinian circles. They’re often loud and boisterous and I don’t like that. My initial reaction is usually to run or kick them in the shin.

GO DREAMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

On 2023-03-06 at 6:06 PM, Splashee said:

I have never been afraid of clowns. I never found them funny either. I don’t even know what they are supposed to be?

Exactly my experience too. As i child I couldn't understand why they acted so stupid before kids because I didn't see any thing funny about it. Just a sad man with bad income, doing stupid things for money, when he's actual inner wish was to be far, far away from this spectacle. Go figure about that.

• 3 months later...

I'm not scared of clowns unless we mean figuratively the people who behave foolishly D: 

But actual clowns are not very appealing to me... perhaps for the same.. foolish behavior that isn't much to my taste in comedy. I once met a mime in Poland, though... and he gave me a high five since we couldn't understand each other in language... oh.. wait.. Mimes can't talk.. perhaps it wasn't a language barrier after all but rather an awkwardness in general. :toldya:

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

"Glorious bastards". No, that was a compliment on him for pissing you off. Because the action of that mime made me smile just now. Also, no problems on having a red nose. I like IT.

Perhaps you've misread or perhaps read a little too much into what I've said but okay? O.o
Either way, at the risk of discussing matters off topic it is probably best not to derail the thread. Irrelevant content shall be removed and a warning issued accordingly.

• Brohoof 1