Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would make a better princess of friendship

FlutterIsBestAlicorn

(edited)

Twilight is the canon princess of friendship. I personally don't like her as that. I think she's an amazing character, just not a great "main" character or princess. I think Fluttershy would make a much better princess

But what does everyone else think? Is there a character you think would make for a better princess than Twilight?

Edited by FlutterIsBestAlicorn
Everyone was responding to the wrong part
  • Brohoof 1

That is the reason I would never give fluttershy such a responsibility. Especially, considering the social stresses involving diplomacy. She is not made for it. Too emotional. Meanwhile, twilight seems like the most logical choice. Perhaps, a bit too logical. It could be dangerous.... Twilight would need the emotional support of someone such as fluttershy. Meaning that fluttershy could do better as an advisor, instead.

9 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

That is the reason I would never give fluttershy such a responsibility. Especially, considering the social stresses involving diplomacy. She is not made for it. Too emotional. Meanwhile, twilight seems like the most logical choice. Perhaps, a bit too logical. It could be dangerous.... Twilight would need the emotional support of someone such as fluttershy. Meaning that fluttershy could do better as an advisor, instead.

I gave six reasons, so do you mean all of them?

(edited)
3 hours ago, FlutterIsBestAlicorn said:

I gave six reasons, so do you mean all of them?

Yes, all of them. Because "good", "boring" and "better" are subjective.

Also, I don't think her relationship with RD and Rarity should influence this argument.

And there are characters better suited for leadership. Not that she cannot rise to the occasion, as shown in the Scare Master. But she also tends to over-do it, because she is not comfortable. So, it feels very forced on her part. Like a play. Did you notice how fluttershy acts in Fake It 'Til You Make It? Also, her submissive nature can lead to unstable behaviour under stress, like it happened in the The Best Night Ever.

Actually, fluttershy's personality does not match her appearance, mostly because the mane six used to share the same base model. But in The Cutie Mark Chronicles, where she sings So Many Wonders, you can actually see how skinny and tall she is compared to other ponies. And I've seen people like that in real life. There was this young woman that behaved very much like fluttershy. She was extremely tall and skinny, and used her long hair to cover part of her face. She was very self-conscious of her appearance and used baggy clothes. There was something clearly wrong with her looks. So, that is not a person that would enjoy being the center of attention, unless you can magically repair her condition and turn her into a human alicorn.

But this is the reason I believe your argument does not work. Because it involves a magical solution. One that doesn't have any application to real life, and that would change fluttershy's character to something other than what you perceive as "good". Another reason I think Magical Mystery Cure is a problematic episode.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Yes, all of them. Because "good", "boring" and "better" are subjective.

Also, I don't think her relationship with RD and Rarity should influence this argument.

And there are characters better suited for leadership. Not that she cannot rise to the occasion, as shown in the Scare Master. But she also tends to over-do it, because she is not comfortable. So, it feels very forced on her part. Like a play. Did you notice how fluttershy acts in Fake It 'Til You Make It? Also, her submissive nature can lead to unstable behaviour under stress, like it happened in the The Best Night Ever.

Actually, fluttershy's personality does not match her appearance, mostly because the mane six used to share the same base model. But in The Cutie Mark Chronicles, where she sings So Many Wonders, you can actually see how skinny and tall she is compared to other ponies. And I've seen people like that in real life. There was this young woman that behaved very much like fluttershy. She was extremely tall and skinny, and used her long hair to cover part of her face. She was very self-conscious of her appearance and used baggy clothes. There was something clearly wrong with her looks. So, that is not a person that would enjoy being the center of attention, unless you can magically repair her condition and turn her into a human alicorn.

But this is the reason I believe your argument does not work. Because it involves a magical solution. One that doesn't have any application to real life, and that would change fluttershy's character to something other than what you perceive as "good". Another reason I think Magical Mystery Cure is a problematic episode.

It's not just her relationship with RD and Rarity. It's her relationship with all of them. I'm just saying since she's the closest to them all it would suit her better to represent them all

I know. The point is that it would help her GROW into better suiting that leadership and being less submissive

I never said ANYTHING about her appearance

It's not an argument. I was just making my own suggestion and explaining my reason. The argument is "who would make a better princess"

18 minutes ago, FlutterIsBestAlicorn said:

It's not just her relationship with RD and Rarity. It's her relationship with all of them. I'm just saying since she's the closest to them all it would suit her better to represent them all

I know. The point is that it would help her GROW into better suiting that leadership and being less submissive

I never said ANYTHING about her appearance

It's not an argument. I was just making my own suggestion and explaining my reason. The argument is "who would make a better princess"

Okay.

I think Starlight Glimmer would make a good candidate, she has shown an openness towards making friends, before and after her reform and she has learned closely from Twilight herself. 

She is emotional and is effected really deeply by connection, she has a lot to learn and she follows after twilights foot steps very closely in terms being a pony who grew up honing there skills without friendship and then growing into it with a particular deep passion for it.

(edited)

I wouldn't say Twilight sucks at being a Princess of Friendship, but I can't really see anypony else fitting her role.
Unless...

Spoiler

Princess Big Mac | My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic | Know Your Meme

On 2023-03-05 at 11:45 PM, FlutterIsBestAlicorn said:

FLUTTERSHY! She's the one and only true princess

I personally don't believe Fluttershy would make a good Princess of Friendship. Surpassing her usual shyness, she's pretty impatient and can be aggressive— which could be a good trait for a leader, but not for Friendship.

1 hour ago, CocoCody said:

I think Starlight Glimmer would make a good candidate, she has shown an openness towards making friends, before and after her reform and she has learned closely from Twilight herself.

While it is true that Starlight is open and willing to redeem herself and help others— as well as having experience with leadership, albeit questionable— I think she herself wouldn't want to become a Princess (potential PTSD and all). She wouldn't make a better Princess of Friendship than Twilight, but I agree that she is a good candidate.

Edited by Gaines