S01:E47 - Sunny's Smoothie Moves

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: Sunny's Smoothie Moves
Release Date: March, 9 2023
Written By: Alex Collier
Synopsis: N/A

NOTE: Compilation following episode.

• Brohoof 4

Some of those fruit combinations sound terrible despite sounding good in theory, but others sound like they would be an absolute delight. The one that I'm thinking of here is the one that looks to be a combination of grapes and what I'm going to assume are strawberries/raspberries. Sunny called them frazzleberries... I think. It's difficult to tell due to the music being a bit too loud for me. Everyone also learned a value lesson here regarding machines. They can't handle complicated tasks if they don't have the necessary programming or are given way too much to handle all at once.

Oh, and bonus points for use of video game sound effects.

• Brohoof 4

Oh wow, yes, this one was pretty good! After two not-so-good Misty/Opaline episodes, the series has returned to form. There may be no Opaline, but I liked seeing Misty acting like a friend with the group again for the first time since Nightmare Night Party. The plot of this one is definitely relatable with how all the townsponies just wanted to keep ordering the smoothies they were used to after how much I've seen people stick to their patterns. This happens a lot with businesses trying to sell new products that don't catch on. And while I still go on record to say that I'm not a Posey sympathizer, I love how Posey was actually saved from disaster for a change. Like it when they change things up. The ending was perfect too, how they get the opposite problem of everyone only wanting the new smoothie. That definitely happens a lot as well. 

• Brohoof 4

I thought that this episode was pretty good. The fruit combinations sound kind of strangeLets see, the episode made sense with ponies preferring what they are used to. Pipp Petals was pretty cute and nice. It was also nice seeing Misty be helpful and Posey being saved from disaster for once.

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Brohoof 3

So, is this a hint that Misty is going to join the Mane Five at some point?  The episode kind of casually put her in with the rest of them.  Is this perhaps an episode that was supposed to air later, or am I simply reading too much into this?

• Brohoof 1

On 3/10/2023 at 12:54 PM, Skylight Scintillate said:

Poop Petals was pretty cute and nice.

Was that a typo, or...?

I liked this one; I think it's above-average for a TYT episode.  Focusing on what Sunny does for a living made for a good change.

But I have to ask:  was that robot made mostly out of cardboard?  It sure looked like it was!

• Brohoof 3

I feel like this episode uses the kind of plots that short stories are meant to have. The plot is self-contained, and it focuses on a personal challenge for the character.

I loved the video game reference. I liked how Posey was actually saved from disaster in the episode.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

Enjoyable! Always enjoy seeing Pipp have a good role to play, and...just a good episode!

• Brohoof 2