Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you get carried away with ponies while at work or scool?

Princess Celestia

I can't say that I do.

I love FiM but I never got to the level of it being on my mind to the point where I couldn't focus - not by a long shot.

Absolutely. I have been spending the last 5 years having ponies in my life every day. It is enhancing my life, even during my work. (no, not like a religion, but ponies are a priority)

I try to separate between professional life and private life. Though there are always some interactions, but i do not get carried away by ponies

• Brohoof 1

No, I have a MLP toy (a G3) on my desk at work, but that's the extent of it. I generally don't discuss interests with people at work aside from the fact that I play instruments.

• Brohoof 1

When I first got into the show, yes definitely. Nowadays, not really. I might hop on this forum for a short bit during a break, but that's really the extent of it.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-03-17 at 8:42 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Closest I got carried away by horses, is buying expensive merch which, while far from making me broke, it has put a dent on my capacity to add to my savings

Oh, my bad, I didn’t read the whole title :muffins:. Well, that would be a big no, I don’t bring ‘em horses at work. It’s no one9s business and I have nothing to gain >_>

• Brohoof 1

I keep a low profile, only keeping a RD keychain and occasionally wear a MLP shirt, even after being more open about it 

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

In 2015, during the pony craze and I was riding around to manage my business, I would listen to pony music -- only to walk professionally to my office and act like that never happened. So, yeah, I'd say I would get carried away. I do see some silly references here and there with some friends in private but other than that, nobody would assume I love it so much. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Princess Silky said:

In 2015, during the pony craze and I was riding around to manage my business, I would listen to pony music -- only to walk professionally to my office and act like that never happened. So, yeah, I'd say I would get carried away. I do see some silly references here and there with some friends in private but other than that, nobody would assume I love it so much. :laugh:

On 2023-03-18 at 2:01 AM, Envy said:

No, I have a MLP toy (a G3) on my desk at work, but that's the extent of it. I generally don't discuss interests with people at work aside from the fact that I play instruments.

Same for me. I don't talk about it where I work now, that's completely impossible. I have a subtle pony painting in my office, but no one would understand what it is, if they isn't introduced into pony knowledge aka. a Brony. I worked in a different department before (same company) and there we had plush ponies all over the place, pony music and T-shirts, loudly expressed pony YAAYs and Eeyups to uncomprehending co-workers. Our boss wasn't impressed and we had to quit it completely after a while. Although we meet occasionally at work, nothing is the same anymore.

In private I don't show it at all, but on my inside it's very much alive!

8 hours ago, Princess Silky said:

Ugh you described me here XD Especially since I would be blasting Winter Wrap Up before going into a high pressure meeting with clients at the office. 

• 6 months later...