Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hey all, PonyWoz here!

44Nifty

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

Searching on Google

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

In 2012, I was a mere 5 years old, and my older sister was into My Little Pony. I picked it up from her, and over the next 4 years, to say I was obsessed would be an understatement. In 2016, I was in 4th grade (the ultimate "coming of change" time for everyone /s) and my peers bullied me out of it, and I disavowed the fandom for the next 6 years. Later, in 2022, I was on Twitter a lot more ever since the COVID-19 pandemic, and I was starting to get Tweets from a user by the name "Bloom Moonbeam," and I was getting a lot of My Little Pony fanart on my feed on TikTok. Eventually, on May 8th 2022 at 6:24 PM Central Daylight Time, I finally snapped. I logged into my Netflix account, browsed to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and watched the first couple episodes. After that, I was "re-hooked" per-se, and I watched the rest of Season 1. Then Season 2. Then I noticed Netflix didnt have seasons 5-9, so I watched it "legally." Then Season 3. And then before I knew it, I watched the entire show. And now, here I am, joining a My Little Pony fan-forum at 1:36 AM.

In 2012, I was a mere 5 years old, and my older sister was into My Little Pony. I picked it up from her, and over the next 4 years, to say I was obsessed would be an understatement. In 2016, I was in 4th grade (the ultimate "coming of change" time for everyone /s) and my peers bullied me out of it, and I disavowed the fandom for the next 6 years. Later, in 2022, I was on Twitter a lot more ever since the COVID-19 pandemic, and I was starting to get Tweets from a user by the name "Bloom Moonbeam," and I was getting a lot of My Little Pony fanart on my feed on TikTok. Eventually, on May 8th 2022 at 6:24 PM Central Daylight Time, I finally snapped. I logged into my Netflix account, browsed to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and watched the first couple episodes. After that, I was "re-hooked" per-se, and I watched the rest of Season 1. Then Season 2. Then I noticed Netflix didnt have seasons 5-9, so I watched it "legally." Then Season 3. And then before I knew it, I watched the entire show. And now, here I am, joining a My Little Pony fan-forum at 1:36 AM.

Whoops. I don't know why it put my text twice.

• Brohoof 6

Hi @PonyWoz :squee:
It is so nice to read a story like yours how you got into MLP since while it differs from my own, it just has that effect on so many! I wish Netflix hadn’t thrown away Friendship is Magic episodes since that stops young people from going through what we did.

Welcome to MLP Forums :yay:

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, PonyWoz said:

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

Searching on Google

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Whoops. I don't know why it put my text twice.

Dude, another og Brony since childhood!!! 😮

Yay!:yay:

Hello there! /) Well, I can relate a bit.

I first started watching the show when I was 6 in like 2010 (although, I remember watching older generation way before, firstly on laptop, cause it hook me for some reason, then later on TV), I then probably left in 2016 (just like you), although, that was probably me just feeling ashame, the climate of that era (let's just say it was conservative) and I was questioning myself "Ew, why I watch stuff for girls", later on, whenever I saw a girly and or whatever, I would be like "Ew, girly stuff" ("dievčenské veci" in Slovak 🇸🇰).

I then rewatched the show for nostalgia sake in 2022, questioning the consistency and asking myself "why did I stopped when I liked it?" I wanted it to be a side thing, having a PFP of my favourite pony since childhood, Rainbow Dash, on 2 forums, hovewer, dumb unknown me, I didn't know my ways, from side thing it became my main thing, I decided I want to have my own, I suddenly want to have pony plushies and probably figures as well, and wanna go to Bronycon (although, that was part I wanted even before I started losing control and sanity), I now want to have my oc pfp on my main YouTube as well someday. I'm terms of the consistency, I was questioning "why did stopped watching because it's for little girls? I loved it as a kid, why can't I love it now as well, even from my memories, I think I enjoyed the show. Why can't males/boys watch this show? Why can't they watch My Little Pony? Females/girls can watch manly stuff (Star Wars, Marvel etc.), so why can't it be the opposite as well?" I got hooked, got obsessed and now I'm here. 😛

• Brohoof 1

hello newpony :3 always nice to see people who were around the age of the 'intended audience' on here :P 

there's so much pony content out there :3 have a look round fandom stuff till your <3 is content 

as you are a Fluttershy fan, have this!

Hello, hi and welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

Yeah Netflix kinda sux in that regard. When I was watching the show there, there weren't all seasons available for some weird reason.

I hope you'll have a good time here! c: