Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved No code style available in editor

Splashee

The button is missing in the tool bar of the editor. I can see links, quotes, spoilers and emojis, but the code button is missing, which makes it hard to format source code for blog entries, posts, etc.

• Brohoof 2

Actually it's not an issue per se, there are just 3 different configurable toolbars, each for PC, tablet and mobile view. The buttons used less frequently are sacrificed in smaller viewports to make the toolbar less clogged.

That said, it's not an issue to fix, but part of the design, which can be adjusted. Probably like last time, adding a single button could spawn user comments, that their toolbar suddenly got a second line, which contains a single button and it looks awkward and irking. :P Therefore, it's more of a feedback thing to decide whether that button should be added or not. :P If I get a greenlight on it, I can add it myself.

(I changed the tag to [General Questions] for now)

• Brohoof 1

@Rikifive I can understand that the button is missing from cell phones, but from an iPad that has quite a large screen, the tool bar is taking up 3 rows already where one row is dedicated for the text color alone. I call it the "intermediate view", which is between the mobile view and the desktop view, which even displays the cover photo fully. You can resize the browser window slightly on desktop to see it (though the tool bar keeps moving buttons, there are three rows for buttons).

• Brohoof 1

@Splashee Tablet view is different for different-sized tablets. Same for mobile, on one phone things may look cool, but someone with different-sized phone may see something absolutely different. I didn't have anything against adding that button, I'd gladly dump them all there, but a small change can generate awkward results for specific devices. :P 

✔Either way, got greenlight, added the code button on all views. :lookup: