Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tragic Human and Pony Sunset Shimmer theory

shadowmoon Dancer

I have a rather unique and some what sad yet Dark theory on Sunset Shimmer Id like to share.

Now, we've all assumed the Sunset Shimmer in  EG was originally a pony who learned of earth and how-to be a human later on.

However, what if the opposite was true?

What if she was actually originally human and learned how to be a pony instead?

Hear me out here this is what I'm thinking happened.

Now, as you well know from the series EVERY pony and their human counter part are exactly the same talent and personality wise.

Only their personal experiences and physical features differ which is what caused there to end up being only the human Sunset Shimmer left.

Sunset Shimmer (pony) by whatever means unknown while studying under Princess Celestia discovers a portal to our world and to be specific NOT the same one as the statute but a very different location.

She's all happy and exploring earth. She's learning about humans, going back n forth it's a fun adventure for her.

Then... by bad luck she runs into the "other" Sunset Shimmer and is horrified by what she discovers about her counter part.

You see the talent that made pony Sunset's life all rainbows and sunshine in the Equestrian world has had just the opposite effect with human Sunset Shimmer her life is an absolute mess, she is HIGHLY depressed, and  is at her wits end.

The pony Sunset feels very sympathetic and sneaks human Sunset back into Equestria hoping that the experience will help cheer her up, you know get her motivated so to speak.

They each learn and study the other's life to the Nth degree with the human learning magic and the pony learning how to better fit in with humans.

All seems to be going well, that is until the day comes that all the fun must end.

While in Equestria the pony Sunset tells the human Sunset that she must go back to her own world now that she has turned her life around but the human Sunset refuses and BEGS to be able to stay in Equestria as a pony and not have to go back.

They get into a huge fight and in the chaos the pony Sunset is banished to unknown place completely by accident by the human version.

Since,  it is impossible for either side to know any difference she easily fools all the ponies including Princess Celestia with no issue but after  years of living from her true home she actually does long for the comforts of earth.

So, doing dangerous experiments she attempts to recreate more advanced tech in Equestria which leads to disaster as long story short much as magic unleashed on earth has unpredictable consequences major technology working in a magic based world has the same issue.

Princess Celestia eventually realizes something's wrong about all this so she confronts and forces Sunset to tell her what's going on and why she's acting so strangely.

Upon hearing the full story Princess Celestia becomes furious at both the harm to her beloved student and of this "creature's" willingness to endanger lives for such selfish reasons so she banished her back to earth without hesitation.

Angry at losing everything Sunset Shimmer began plotting in secret eventually learning of of different portals and ways to travel between worlds eventually learning of a new princess....

• 2 months later...

Interesting theory. Feels more like a fanfic though, due to lack of evidence. I like it, but I think that pony Sunset would’ve let human stay in equestria for her general mental health. It would also rely on Tia lying to Twilight. 

On 2023-06-10 at 2:57 PM, River wisp said:

Interesting theory. Feels more like a fanfic though, due to lack of evidence. I like it, but I think that pony Sunset would’ve let human stay in equestria for her general mental health. It would also rely on Tia lying to Twilight. 

You mean like like giving her two tickets to gala when she knew she had at LEAST 5 best friends plus Spike, the time she gave her a spell that her own menter couldn't finish and didn't bother to warn Twilight that it could be dangerous, or how about the time she saw Fluttershy was worried about her pet phoenix was sick but didn't feel like telling her about the phoenix's regeneration ability?

No manipulation or trickery there with Princess Celestia. 

Also, to be honest because it's just so cliche to assume pony Sunset got rid of human Sunset I thought it would make it more interesting to come up with a possibility for the reverse to have happened.