Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello I'd Like to RP Here

Nook Cranny

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

If I'm being perfectly honest I found you guys via Google. I literally just typed in, my little pony fim rp forum and boom there you guys were haha!

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Okay, so it was weird. I was roleplaying on this other forum when other members started discussing the show and going on and on about how great it was. To be honest, I initially was skeptical at first. I remember watching the original gen 1 as a kid (yeah I'm old lol) and while I did enjoy it at the time I remembered its problems and so I wasn't sure if I would like FIM or not. No I don't hate Gen 1, but it was no FIM. Anywho, the other members on my old forum were trying to convince me to give Gen 4 a chance and so out of boredom one day I did. At the time the show was I believe in the middle of its fourth season, so yeah I did start getting into the mlp fandom a little late, but hey better late than never, am I right? So after watching the first few episodes I was thinking maybe they were right about this show after all. Maybe it really is good and even better than the gen 1 that I grew up with. After completely watching the first season I was hooked and was willing to admit to my fellow rpers how wrong I was before and that the characters are all really well developed. And that my new friends was how I became a fan of the show. I hope I didn't ramble too much. Sometimes I do though especially when excited.

Oh and by the way, while fim is overall way better than any of its predecessors I will say that gen 1 did do a few things better. If anybody here wants me to elaborate just let me know and I will. Also while I do want to rp here with all of you I do have some questions first about the character I have in mind since there doesn't seem to be a chatbox anywhere on this site otherwise I'd ask there. But anyways, I was wondering if it is okay to make an unreformed changeling as in a changeling that has actively refused to undergo the metamorphosis? Also, is it okay for me to mention Chrysalis in my app? 

My favorite overall character is definitely Fluttershy because to be honest I see a lot of myself in her. I'm shy and also a sufferer of social anxiety like her, so I understand where she is usually coming from a lot. And also like her I've been trying really hard to overcome it, but it's still not very easy for me to do because I didn't have any friends in high school, so I don't really know how to interact with people that well. Oh and I love animals. What's kind of funny is someone I met only recently tells me that I remind her of Fluttershy too.

• Brohoof 7

Hi @Gizmo Gears :fluttershy: Welcome to MLP Forums!

It is always nice to see a new member that has a long history with MLP. When I joined this forum, I didn't know if the fandom was accepting G1 and needed a place to be where it wouldn't be just G4 exclusive. It turned out this place was just that, and it became my home. I also grew up with G1, and when G4 came out, I didn't want to just start accepting G4 because it was a trend, a trend with a message saying the older generations were horrible and shouldn't be watched. That mentality has truly changed now, and with G5 moving forward, I think we all can find good things in every Generation of MLP and enjoy the good parts, laugh at the bad parts, and just have fun!

• Brohoof 2

hello newpony :) great to have new RPers here. I dabble occasionally, although am far from the most active RPer. People like @Skylight Scintillate are prolly better :P (but if you post in the RP forum you'll find the active RP types). There is some Discord RP on the forum too :3 and occasionally active Ponyfinder or Tails of Equestria sessions pop up.

In terms of forum RP, we have a great character system which lets you post as your character (using its Av and title etc) - it also gives you a great way to set up the character page for the character easily (essentially making it almost like a poster on the forum in its own right). So definitely check that out as you dabble in the RP forum

also great to hear you're into G1 too. I didn't really know about the G1 animated series at the time (I was an 80s baby) but knew about the G1 ponies as a kid and tormented my sister's poor lil toys :( got hooked on G1 though later to the extent that I'm writing a (very long) G1 crossover fic right now. So if you fancy some FiM inspired G1 fun, then check that out - I'm always hungry for feedback.  Also, unlike many MLP forums, we have a G1 area which is pretty active. No G1 RP yet... but if you fancy then there's certainly one pone who would be interested (me) :3

Anyway, have an epic adventure pic of OCs full.gif

• Brohoof 2

24 minutes ago, abrony-mouse said:

got hooked on G1 though later to the extent that I'm writing a (very long) G1 crossover fic right now

This is the best thing about the MLP fandom. We can all get into things at a later stage. We don't have to grow up with it to enjoy it (nostalgia plays a part, but not always if the content is good to stand on its own). I feel there will be more MLP activities in the future where people find the old shows, and gets inspired by them.

So excited to have you here with us @Gizmo Gears :squee:

• Brohoof 2

You'd like to RP more you say?! Then you've come to the right place! :pinkie:

Here's an invitation for any random OC creation you'd like to make 

Also I'd LOVE to introduce you to the Princess of cuteness @Skylight Scintillate- an excellent roleplayer who is very shy and probably a good friend to make if you're interested in RP :grin:

And.. also, how could we forget @Empress Magloria-- rich roleplaying from this individual as well as a sweet friend :please:
*le gaassssp* We also have THE WORLD CUP OF 2023 COMING UP and you're totally invited, Gizmo!

My name is Princess Silky! *curtseys* It's a pleasure to meet you!

• Brohoof 2

Aw, thank you everypony for the replies and welcomes. I did see there was another new person who also posted their intro and I was wondering if instead of posting my own there I should just post in theirs. But at the same time I was worried about possibly accidentally taking it over, so I didn't and just posted my own. I hope that was the right choice. Anyways I was really hoping this site had a chatbox, but I can't seem to find one. I guess there isn't one? With no cbox it makes meeting everyone and threading and such difficult or I think it does anyway. How do you guys find people to rp with on here? 

Also, unlike many MLP forums, we have a G1 area which is pretty active. No G1 RP yet... but if you fancy then there's certainly one pone who would be interested (me) :3

That could be fun, but I was hoping to make a changeling for my first character and I'm not sure if I would be allowed to post there as a changeling. However, she does have a pegasus form I could have her be in for that setting. I think the closest gen 1 had to changelings were the flutter ponies. I'm honestly surprised fim has no flutter ponies; which leads me to theorize that the flutter ponies evolved into changelings over time. Let me know what you guys think of my theory. By the way, your pony adventure gif is pretty dang amazing!

Ooooh could one of you guys by chance help me come up with a cutie mark for an entomologist pegasus pony? Please and thank you.

• Brohoof 1

Oh how nice and thanks so much for the welcome. I'm still working on my oc, but I'll let you know when it's done. It'll be a changeling named, Mirage. Although, I'm not entirely sure what I want to rp. I don't have many ideas tbh.

So I take it these forums don't have edit button? I tried to edit my previous post to add to it, but I guess it didn't work.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Gizmo Gears said:

So I take it these forums don't have edit button? I tried to edit my previous post to add to it, but I guess it didn't work

The three dots in the top right corner of your post will bring down a menu with the “edit” option in it.

Oh good it works now. I swear when I tried yesterday it wasn't showing up for some reason. Only options I saw at the time were share and report. Probably was just a glitch. Glad that was the case.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the welcome! I just got a few things left to do for my app and I’ll be done and hopefully ready to rp somewhere. Not sure where to start tbh. There are so many threads to read. I feel intimidated and overwhelmed just looking at the sheer amount. 

• Brohoof 1

Hello and welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

I myself have started watching when fim was on a break between 4-5 seasons. ;P

Welcome to the herd and have fun rp'ing! c:

Awww, thanks so much for the welcome!

Hmmm, can you tell me how applying for a canon character works around here? I've been thinking about it and I'd really like to make one if I can and the character I had in mind was Thorax. I looked through the canon apps and he doesn't seem to be claimed yet.

So anybody here want to just chat it up about anything? I'm kind of bored and just want to chat about stuffs. 

I think I'm going to also work on my pegasus oc, Nook Cranny. Can anybody guess what her special talent is? I'll give you a hint. The clue's in the name lol!

• Brohoof 1

Yep. Nook Cranny has a lost and found shop of sorts where ponies hire her to find their missing item or friend for that matter.  She's really good at finding things. For her cutie mark I was thinking either a magnifying glass, a compass, or a dowsing rod. What do you think?

Say, have you guys ever wanted to see Pinkie Pie as Ratigan or Twilight as Jafar? Well look no further fellow pony fans than these Youtube videos that I discovered awhile back. Enjoy the hilarity!

The choices here are just too perfect!