Ashen Pathfinder

Title: The Hunt for Eggward Bunny
Release Date: March, 23 2023
Written By: Tom Gidman
Synopsis: N/A

NOTE: Compilation following episode.

• Brohoof 3

Why is the title "Eggward" yet the ponies consistently call him "Eggmond"

Also Sparky farted in the first 40 seconds, therefore worst episode; abandon thread! :P

...So, where's the mother of all those rabbits?

Also love that Zipp and Hitch are Sparky's parents

Edited by The Nth Doctor
  • Brohoof 3

First off - Sparky is the worst addition to TYT, period. The show would automatically be much better without Sparky. Sparkly is utterly agonizing for me, the fart jokes are SO overdone... As for the rest of it? The rabbits being intelligent, just like the ponies is an interesting thing, really. I want to see more of that one day. The rabbits being intelligent thinking creatures reminds me a lot of a story I read when I was child, though I've forgotten the name of it. 

• Brohoof 2

I love how Eggmond (I assume that this is his name) continues talking even when the credits are playing. It reminds me of Quibble Pants doing something similar during the credits of his first episode back in season six. Also, rabbits aren't like other normal creatures given that Eggmond is fully capable of speech.

• Brohoof 3

Oh no, this one had the most toilet jokes out of any Tell Your Tale episode! A whopping three! The horror, the horror! This is the worst episode of the show to date! :P 

Actually, this was another solid one and I actually laughed at one of the toilet jokes where the bunny made the water overflow. Zipp and Hitch do work incredibly well together and had a really good song that I know for sure I'll be giving another listen. I love how this episode not only shows us just how hard Hitch has it trying to be a police officer and a father at the same time, but also ties it in with the conflict later. The ending where Eggmund Bunny actually starts talking over the credits caught me off guard and that was definitely my favorite joke. 

• Brohoof 2

Good episode. I thought people were joking about the shipping with these two, but I can see it now. One of the better episodes of TYT yet. I personally don't like Sparky, but the episode had some good stuff.

Edited by StarlightNyars

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Introduction of a new creature. Haha, now we are getting closer to G4 :squee:

Or rather, a new creature tied to a mythology, holiday or whatever :mlp_icwudt:. It’s only a matter of time before we see more creatures like G4 was full of, instead of just adding wings or horns of existing animals :proud:

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, The Nth Doctor said:

Why is the title "Eggward" yet the ponies consistently call him "Eggmond"

Good question. :ooh:

Okay, interesting stuff here. These are just regular(pastel) bunnies. But we've seen bunnycorns too. I swear at some point ponies just went around sticking horns and wings on everything.

And then an intelligent bunny. Probably descended from Angel. :squee:

And always with the bunnies eating carrots. If you have a pet rabbit DON'T feed it a lot of carrots!

• Brohoof 1

Let's see, it seems like they are making a pony version of each well-known holiday that we have, but I suppose that works well for these kinds of shorts. We have a lot of Hitch Zipp ship material, though I don't like all the toilet jokes they made here. It seems that TYT seems to make a lot of these.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm...I'm mixed on this one, though I'm leaning more towards a thumbs down here, as all positives I can think of are balanced out by a negative.  Any episode that starts with Sparky right in front of the camera is off to a bad start.  For the positives, we got more Zephyr Heights, and I don't mind Zipp and Hitch together.  We got a song too, and the inclusion of male vocals in this one makes me wonder if the singing voices are supposed to represent the characters present.  Still, it's far from Ingram quality, and another hopelessly derivative pop track that's instantly forgettable.  I am getting Cutie Map vibes from this particular episode, though it's just a reminder of how much I'd rather be watching a Cutie Map episode.  Also, it's kind of problematic to me that some elements of G5 are just dollar-store equivalents to G4 elements that were done better in that other series, but I digress. 

Having anthropomorphized rabbits is kind of interesting.  Too bad nothing of interest is done with that.  I do kind of like how Hitch being an overworked parent allows him to relate to the rabbit here.  There is the implication that this case has contextualized Hitch's initial problem of being too tired as a "dragon dad" to do his job, but I doubt any meaningful character development will come as a result of the events of this episode.  Also, G5 really needs to stop using holiday tie-ins as a get-out-of-jail-free card for having to come up with original scenarios.  

Honestly, while there are positives, this episode just serves as yet another reminder to me of why G4 is just better.  I certainly think G5 has its moments, and there are other shorts that I've enjoyed far more, but this particular one is especially egregious for reminding me that it's unlikely to ever get out of its older sister's shadow.  

• Brohoof 2

What I liked was how we got a solid use of earth pony magic when Hitch made a bridge.  Sometimes it's easy to forget these ponies have those kinds of powers, and in some ways, earth pony magic is more impressive than pegasus or unicorn powers (though if pegasi still controlled the weather, they'd be even more impressive).

• Brohoof 3

I thought it was all right, nothing special, I didn't even find the song catchy like some of the previous generation 5 songs we've heard. A shame we got yet more Sparky flatulence humour. I'm guessing this is going to be a reoccurring theme now for the rest of eternity.

• Brohoof 1