Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can Someone Help Me With My First Character?

Nook Cranny

Well not exactly my first character, but certainly will be the first one for this site. Anyway, I think I have a gist of things, but before posting my wip I wanted to make sure my ideas would fly here. So my character is going to be an unreformed changeling. Is that allowed here? I have her main reasons for not wanting to reform because she is fearful, greedy, and still loyal to Chrysalis. Are those reasons okay? If she were to represent a sin it would be gluttony and wrath. So since I was going to have her try to blend in with regular ponies to spy on them she'll usually be in her pegasus form who is a bug expert. Which brings me to my next question, could somebody please help me come up with a good cutie mark for an entomologist? Please and thank you all.

• Brohoof 1

I would say go for it, The idea of a unreformed changeling sounds refreshin and good to me, we can say she is blinded with Chrysalis ideology because she born and grow up with those ideas, now, if we take a look at Fluttershy Cutie Mark which represent kindness and the love she has for animals, they are 3 butterflies, I think it could suit the changeling a mosquito or a set of different insects

insect-icon-black-silhouette-icons-vecto

:P first thing that came to my mind

#BUGLIFE | I DIDN'T CHOOSE THE BUG LIFE THE BUG LIFE CHOSE ME | image tagged in bug catcher pokemon,memes | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

I'd go with lady bugs if she was redeemable

but she's not and gluttony is her sin, so maybe a fly head? If she's really evil she could have a spider?

Oh thank you all for the ideas. So while I was at work today I was thinking about which idea I liked the best and while I do love them all I think I shall go with the stick bug. I like the whole deceptive idea for her cutie mark. I imagine some ponies just staring at it thinking it an ordinary stick and trying to figure out what her talent must be haha! 

And as for whether she is redeemable or not. Well, I was kind of hoping for her to develop and grow here overtime. My idea was for her to eventually find redemption after befriending a pony and then becoming so close to them that she doesn't want to hurt them and so she starts to reform. Like even now she is not as evil as she thinks she is for she does have redeemable qualities that you will see once I post her app. Thing is when I am ready for her to reform she will definitely need to have a good friend, so hoping she can find one heh.

I must be doing something wrong because I've been trying to post my character only to get an error message every time. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. I posted in every required field and still nothing. Could somebody help me please?