Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chapter 4 of MYM probably coming in June, will only have 6 episodes.

CastletonSnob

28 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

They aren't giving this the death knell:blink: are they?  

Probably not, though I don't think having such long stretches in between small dumps of episodes is a particularly good idea either

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Megas said:

Probably not, though I don't think having such long stretches in between small dumps of episodes is a particularly good idea either

Thus why my doubts are strong that Hasbro wanted things to be this way. They have to know that this series doesn't have the luxury of something like, let's say, Black Butler or Hunter X Hunter, where regardless of how long the fans have to wait for new content, their interest is not going to wane. This series needs to actively promote a toy line. 

• Brohoof 3

On 2023-03-24 at 8:56 PM, Megas said:

The thing is, you can see MYM getting better as it goes along. But the long wait in-between episodes is killing the momentum.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-03-29 at 8:59 AM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

The thing is, you can see MYM getting better as it goes along. But the long wait in-between episodes is killing the momentum.

Yeah, that’s the main problem I have for G5, and the biweekly releases of MYM aren’t doing it any favors :scoots:

Spoiler

I’ve just realized “momentum” goes better over “lacking in presence” I’ve used in a three I made :scoots:. I always use words or terms that first comes to mind when that happens :muffins:

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

In light of the latest writer's strike, it makes a little more sense now why this batch only has six episodes, given that shows always have reductions of episodes in seasons airing at times like this. Even though MYM has at least two entirely confirmed freelance writers (freelance writers can not unionize the way regularly employed writers can because of legal issues and have less incentive to do so from not being bound by the same restrictions as them), it raises a possible explanation for the bizarre delays. However, that's not the only reason this topic's getting a bump, thankfully.

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0

This listing from Pony Clock makes the June release more likely than ever. On top of that, we have a clip coming Tuesday according to a prominent leaker. 0P25Qzw.png

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Updated information.

On 2023-05-04 at 11:07 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

In light of the latest writer's strike, it makes a little more sense now why this batch only has six episodes, given that shows always have reductions of episodes in seasons airing at times like this. Even though MYM has at least two entirely confirmed freelance writers (freelance writers can not unionize the way regularly employed writers can because of legal issues and have less incentive to do so from not being bound by the same restrictions as them), it raises a possible explanation for the bizarre delays. However, that's not the only reason this topic's getting a bump, thankfully.

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0

This listing from Pony Clock makes the June release more likely than ever. On top of that, we have a clip coming Tuesday according to a prominent leaker. 0P25Qzw.png

The whole leak matches, June 6 release confirmed

https://www.equestriadaily.com

I’ve just realized I have to work that day :scoots:. I could always wake up early and see if I can finish the season before work :huh: (Assuming I have finished Tears of the Kingdom by then :oh_golly:)