Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Hidden Gem

Ice Princess Silky

53 minutes ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

"Umm, alright then. Let's go," Skylight remarked as she put the letter away and led the group toward the dorm with a skip in her step.  Skylight knew the route, so she got there quickly. However, there was time for Skylight to talk with the others. "So uh, how's it going?" Skylight asked the other two as they walked. 

"I'm doing great, how about you?" Moonlight replied.

He then turned to the new pony @Saturn Ring. "I don't think we've met each other. I'm Moonlight Wane. Nice to meet you."

There was a subtle breeze in the air as they all walked by. Nothing noticeable. It was subtle enough for the conversation to still flow. But to those more sensitive and connected to the moon, they might have noticed something interesting about the subtle shift. 

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Gentle Breeze said:

There was a subtle breeze in the air as they all walked by. Nothing noticeable. It was subtle enough for the conversation to still flow. But to those more sensitive and connected to the moon, they might have noticed something interesting about the subtle shift. 

@Saturn Ring @Skylight Scintillate @Nitobit Shiny stopped trotting all of a sudden with no reasons to those without a deep connection to the moon. She looked to the right and then to the left with a worried look on her face before saying "Huh? What was that? A volcanic eruption? A windigo? A disturbance in the force? Did you feel that guys?"

Moonlight stopped and turned to Shiny. His brows furrowed, he looked around and sniffed the air. A look of deep focus appeared on his face for a moment, before concluding with a shrug. "I don't feel anything."

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Moonlight Wane said:

Moonlight stopped and turned to Shiny. His brows furrowed, he looked around and sniffed the air. A look of deep focus appeared on his face for a moment, before concluding with a shrug. "I don't feel anything."

@Skylight Scintillate @Saturn Ring @Nitobit Shiny then focused on what she felt for a moment, trying hard to find what could hav possibly caused that. All of a sudden she went from serious to enthusiastic and said "Nah! It's probably nothing! Anyway, I saw that you were carrying a stone with you, Moonlight Wane! It caught my curiosity! Mind to tell me what it is?"

"It's from Silky. She gave it to me before we met you." Moonlight said. "Can I also ask you something? What does your cutie mark mean?" Moonlight then looked at the rest of the group. "Same with the rest of you. Could you tell me about your cutie marks?"

• Brohoof 1

47 minutes ago, Moonlight Wane said:

"It's from Silky. She gave it to me before we met you." Moonlight said. "Can I also ask you something? What does your cutie mark mean?" Moonlight then looked at the rest of the group. "Same with the rest of you. Could you tell me about your cutie marks?"

"My cutie mark? Oh! It's nothing special... My cutie mark is constituted of a silver crescent moon and a double-tailed shooting star. The moon means that understand what Princess Luna went through with all of her duties but nopony to rely on. The night is as important as the day but few ponies understand that. The shooting star means that I represent hope for those that are misunderstood like the moon in the sky. I'm curious as well to learn about your cutie marks, guys! Your too, Moonlight!"

"Interesting. Do you have a special talent related to your cutie mark?" Moonlight asked and pointed at his own.

"Mine is an hourglass placed on its side. It symbolizes the way time works in dreams. My special talent is dream magic, that means visiting and controlling dreams, including making time inside flow really slow compared to the real world. I can put two months of summer vacation into a five-minute nap, and I know there is much more I can learn." He said enthusiastically.

Edited by Nitobit
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Moonlight Wane said:

"Interesting. Do you have a special talent related to your cutie mark?" Moonlight asked and pointed at his own.

"Mine is an hourglass placed on its side. It symbolizes the way time works in dreams. My special talent is dream magic, that means visiting and controlling dreams, including making time inside flow really slow compared to the real world. I can put two months of summer vacation into a five-minute nap, and I know there is much more I can learn." He said enthusiastically.

"Oh my! This is quite an interesting talent you have! Your cutie mark really represent you, Moonlight! Me, I have a deep connection with the moon but I dom't know if it's really a talent..."

"Can you elaborate on that deep connection? Can you sense its position on the sky or its phase? Do you feel like moonlight (heh) gives you strength? Oh! Maybe you also have a talent related to dream magic?"

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Moonlight Wane said:

"Can you elaborate on that deep connection? Can you sense its position on the sky or its phase? Do you feel like moonlight (heh) gives you strength? Oh! Maybe you also have a talent related to dream magic?"

"I never really took time to think about it since I'm born with it so it feels natural." Shiny made a pause during a few minutes to think about the deep connection she has with the moon. "My gaze always finds the moon instantly when I'm looking at the sky. It's like I know where it is without seeing it because it's a part of me like my hooves. Also, the moon isn't really giving me physical strength but power. My magic and my control on it is increased tenfold during the night. It's hard to describe but I feel protected and reassured when the moonlight hits my skin, like if Luna was keeping an eye on me."

• Brohoof 1

Moonlight thought for a moment and booped Shiny's snout. "Here. Moonlight just hit you. Do you feel protected and reassured?" He chuckled weakly at his lame joke.

"And your power... wow. I have so many questions! How powerful are you during the night? What do you think would happen if you actually touched the moon?" He hesitated a bit when asking the next question. "H- Have you ever met Princess Luna?"

On 2023-04-16 at 2:17 PM, Shiny Silvermoon said:

"My cutie mark? Oh! It's nothing special... My cutie mark is constituted of a silver crescent moon and a double-tailed shooting star. The moon means that understand what Princess Luna went through with all of her duties but nopony to rely on. The night is as important as the day but few ponies understand that. The shooting star means that I represent hope for those that are misunderstood like the moon in the sky. I'm curious as well to learn about your cutie marks, guys! Your too, Moonlight!"

"Funny, my cutie mark is also a shooting star! However, for me, it means something different. It represents my talent in magic and love of using magic, kind of like how Princess Twilight has a star for a cutie mark," Skylight explained. 

On 2023-04-17 at 3:29 PM, Moonlight Wane said:

"Wow that's cool!" Skylight exclaimed. "Does that mean you visit other pony's dreams? Do you work with Luna?" Skylight asked.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Moonlight Wane said:

Moonlight thought for a moment and booped Shiny's snout. "Here. Moonlight just hit you. Do you feel protected and reassured?" He chuckled weakly at his lame joke.

"And your power... wow. I have so many questions! How powerful are you during the night? What do you think would happen if you actually touched the moon?" He hesitated a bit when asking the next question. "H- Have you ever met Princess Luna?"

@Nitobit @Skylight Scintillate @Saturn Ring @Princess Silky Surprisingly, Shiny bursted out laughing at Moonlight Wane's joke but she quickly calmed herself down and answered his questions "Wow! Calm down, buddy! I wanted us to learn more about each others but not that fast... Kidding! I'm not becoming Goku during the night if it's what you have in mind. But I can lift things with my magic that would be normally too heavy for me and I sometimes even use spells that I never learned! If I touched the moon? Maybe I'd be powerful enough to raise and lower it in the sky but I really don't know." Shiny then smiled at his last question. "No I've never met her but I'd love to. However, I often look at the moon and wish her a good night."

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

Surprisingly, Shiny bursted out laughing at Moonlight Wane's joke but she quickly calmed herself down and answered his questions "Wow! Calm down, buddy! I wanted us to learn more about each others but not that fast... Kidding! I'm not becoming Goku during the night if it's what you have in mind. But I can lift things with my magic that would be normally too heavy for me and I sometimes even use spells that I never learned! If I touched the moon? Maybe I'd be powerful enough to raise and lower it in the sky but I really don't know." Shiny then smiled at his last question. "No I've never met her but I'd love to. However, I often look at the moon and wish her a good night."

"That's impressive. Also, that's sweet that you wish Princess Luna goodnight. I wonder if she can sense it somehow."

13 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

"Funny, my cutie mark is also a shooting star! However, for me, it means something different. It represents my talent in magic and love of using magic, kind of like how Princess Twilight has a star for a cutie mark," Skylight explained. 

"Wow that's cool!" Skylight exclaimed. "Does that mean you visit other pony's dreams? Do you work with Luna?" Skylight asked.

"That's right, Skylight. I can visit ponies' dreams as long as I'm close to them. I don't work with Luna, though. I'm not sure how she would react to my talent, and I don't really want to find out. If we meet her in the castle, don't mention it, alright?" He then looked forward at the Canterlot Castle itself. "Looks like we're close."

@Nitobit @Skylight Scintillate "So we both have something in common? We are both related to the night somehow? Skylight has a shooting star as a cutie mark, Moonlight can visit dreams and I am linked to the moon! That's awesome!" Shiny beamed but when she saw the Canterlot Castle she suddenly realized that she could actually see Princess Luna there since she was living there. "OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!! It can't be real! I'll perhaps meet Princess Luna!"

2 hours ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

So we both have something in common? We are both related to the night somehow?

"Gasp! That's right! Together we could replace Princess Luna! We launch Shiny to the moon, so she can raise and lower it. Skylight- you take care about regular princess duties. I will be going through ponies' houses and make their dreams pleasant. It can't go wrong!"

2 hours ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!! It can't be real! I'll perhaps meet Princess Luna!

Moonlight giggled at Shiny's enthusiasm. "Skylight, get ready to hold Shiny if she tries to jump on the princess from all that excitement."

3 hours ago, Moonlight Wane said:

"Gasp! That's right! Together we could replace Princess Luna! We launch Shiny to the moon, so she can raise and lower it. Skylight- you take care about regular princess duties. I will be going through ponies' houses and make their dreams pleasant. It can't go wrong!"

Moonlight giggled at Shiny's enthusiasm. "Skylight, get ready to hold Shiny if she tries to jump on the princess from all that excitement."

@Skylight Scintillate @Nitobit @Saturn Ring "We can't replace Princess Luna! She's unique! Plus, I'm not ready to eat moon dust and to never see my friends again." Shiny said as she calmed down a bit after hearing what Moonlight said to Skylight. "Umm... Where did Sienna go?"

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Sienna Cinnamon said:

@Shiny Silvermoon "Oh sorry! I was busy picking berries! I was getting a little hungry an' I saw this raspberry bush!" she exclaimed, as she munched one. "Oh, did y'all wanna hear 'bout my cutie mark?" she stuttered, straightening herself up from the ground. 

@Saturn Ring @Skylight Scintillate @Nitobit "Of course we want to!"

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Sienna Cinnamon said:

@Shiny Silvermoon "Well. it goes likes this, you see my cutie mark means two things really. One thing is, I'm a barista, I make coffee for other ponies, but it also means that since coffee is sweet, so am I!" she said, "An' I'm pleased as a peach to admit it!" she added. 

@Saturn Ring "I didn't know that this cup of coffee on your flank meant that you are sweet! Cutie marks are so free to interpration that you never really know what one means until you ask the pony it belongs to!"

29 minutes ago, Saturn Ring said:

@Shiny Silvermoon "Well you can never really tell, I get a LOT of mares an' stallions asking me what it means! I just tell 'em all what I think it means to me!" she said, suddenly the bushes ruffled and out from the green came... Pixel?! 

@Saturn Ring "Hi, Pixel! It's surprising to find you here! And in bushes... It's strange but I see so much ponies in bushes around those times, I wonder why." Shiny waved to the little Pixel in bushes.