Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Songs of Plants

Ice Princess Silky

CanterlotGazebo.jpeg

As Silky would scramble from the embarrassment of trying to escape introducing her partner to her mom, the evening would carry on with a soft, calm chatter. All of the chaos from several months ago had subsided. Friendships became stronger. Others dissolved. But in either case, the ones who had gathered here were at peace. 

"What were you thinking!" Silky's voice could be heard in the background in a hushed outrage at her mother. Well. Almost at peace.

The reason why she could be heard despite her soft voice, was because she had tried to gather them near the shrub. Where @Astral Souland @Silly Druid were trying to listen to the soothing language of the trees.

• Brohoof 1

Tree Song tried to ignore the muffled sounds of the argument between @Princess Silky and her mother, and to focus on all the plant life in the magnificent gardens of Canterlot. Her new friend @Astral Soul was with her, and she was explaining her special talent to him.

"Can you hear the rustle of the trees? For you it's probably just a pleasant noise, but for me it's much more. I can hear them singing to me..."

Also Astral Soul ignore the arguments of @Princess Silky and her mother since he was far to shy and to polite to meddle in these kind of things. Besides he was far to busy to listen to @Silly Druid explaining her talents to him in  this beautiful garden  of plant life.

He was amazed that Tree Song pick up these little things most ponies doesn't even notice. 

"I hear the rustle of trees and other plants too. Yes, it's very melodic and tell you a lot about a tree or a plant. I like these sounds. I also like within a rain plants are watered by the rain and how they refill and juvenile. "

Unsure if he has said to much, he shyed away. Ponies do not care so much for plants as he does especially there connection with nature. So 

Tree Song smiled gently at what @Astral Soul said to her. "I love that you care about the plants too, for most ponies they are just... things. Which is not true, they are living beings with their own needs and feelings. And yes, when it rains, their voices are different, more... happy. Unless it rains too much, then they are not so happy."

For a long moment she was totally absorbed in enjoying the plants' sounds, not really trying to understand what they were saying. But then she picked up a concerned note in the rustle, and started to analyze it more thoroughly. "Wait... something's wrong!", she said to Astral with a worrying tone in her voice.

Silky had long gone off with Magloria and Frostbite after she realized this was not some kind of conspiracy between them. She seemed not to notice neither Astral nor Tree Song as she returned back to the table with food, drinks and low rumble of chatter from the ponies socializing. The two would be left completely alone to observe or contemplate the nature of whatever caught Tree Song's attention.

Astral Soul was inspired on how much @Silly Druid was in resonance with the planets. He was sure he has never seen that before or could have thought possible. Astral Soul felt a disturbance in the flow of energy in the same moment as Tree Song turned worried. So she noticed it too he thought and the he said

"Yes, I've noticed it too. There is something off!"

He started to look around, but couldn't see anything in particular which stroke him as odd.

"Let me take a look from above"

he said to Tree Song. Then he spread his wings and started to lift into the air. He flew a couple or circles before he landed back next to Tree Song

"Not sure what is going on. Though it seems to originate from north west direction. Want to check it out?"

He looked to Tree Song for an answer, even though he was rather sure how she would decide

• Brohoof 2

"Sure, let's go there." Tree Song agreed with @Astral Soul.

"Seems it's one of the trees there. I need to get closer to hear its voice more clearly..."

After walking for several minutes, they arrived at the source of the distress signal. It was a large, old oak, at the edge of the Canterlot Gardens. There was nothing visibly wrong with it, but both ponies knew it was the one sending the signal.

• Brohoof 1

@Silly Druid

Astral Soul was looking at Tree Song since he had the feeling that she was noticing something that he didn't.

You know .. Not many ponies share our gift of being able to resonance with plant life. But I think your gift is even stronger than mine. I can only see that this tree is sending these signal we have felt before but I cannot see why. I bet you can

He look full of expectations to Tree Song

"I got this, I just need more information from the tree." Tree Song said and started singing her otherworldly chants. It lasted for a few minutes. After that the mare related the news to @Astral Soul:

"Something is rotten in the state of Equestria. The tree told me about the elusive creatures that started appearing lately. It calls them 'shadows'. They are both underground, in the caves below Canterlot, where they eat the roots of this tree, and in the air, where they block a little bit of the sunlight. They are very sneaky, and the ponies haven't noticed them yet. Trees don't have eyes like us, so the way they see things is different. Because of that, the tree couldn't tell me how these creatures look exactly. But one thing is certain: they are up to no good, and I think we should find a way to stop them."

Having said that, Tree Song looked at Astral, expecting him to come up with any ideas what to do next.

Astral Soul was observing Tree Song singing her otherworldly chants. He didn't notice how the time was passing and was just listening to these chants.

"Shadows?" he asked Tree Song after she told him what the plants did relay to her

"Well, that sounds quite disturbing he continued. We must come up with a plan to help and protect them from these shadows "

Though I have no idea how to. I need to think about it for a while

Astral did not have a plan, so Tree Song tried to come up with something herself.

"I thought about telling somepony about it, maybe even the princesses... but I don't think they would take us seriously, it's just a tale of an old tree after all... So I have another idea. Earlier we were talking about the ancient artifact called The Orb. If we can find it, do you think it will be able to help us?"