Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does G5 seem too random?

Samuel L Changeling

Unlike the other G series of MLP (excluding  pony life and similar parody series since that one and similar ones are a "joke" series of course)it really doesn't seem like there is any real progression or story path for it. 

Now, to clarify here I am NOT saying this makes it bad by any means I'm asking if like myself others on here are questioning if G5 does have a main story line or not.

So, without discussing spoilers of course what do you think does G5 have a  main story line or no it's random unconnected stories of random pony adventures ?

G5 as a whole? Or just one of its shows like Tell your Tale?

Also, I would like to know what is the main story line in G5 as well. From guessing, I would say they are trying to do something with Zipp. It seems to be focused on her development. I will know more when the 3rd chapter comes out for Make Your Mark.

On 2023-04-03 at 1:57 PM, Splashee said:

G5 as a whole? Or just one of its shows like Tell your Tale?

Also, I would like to know what is the main story line in G5 as well. From guessing, I would say they are trying to do something with Zipp. It seems to be focused on her development. I will know more when the 3rd chapter comes out for Make Your Mark.

Actually, that would be the 4th. Winter Wishday, or whatever the Christmas special was called is officially chapter 3 :fluttershy:. Anyway, last I’ve read, was Sunny being the mane focus :huh:. I hope that means more progression in the story :fluttershy:. They can’t leave it to just that nerd poneh appearance this long :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Actually, that would be the 4th. Winter Wishday, or whatever the Christmas special was called is officially chapter 3 :fluttershy:. Anyway, last I’ve read, was Sunny being the mane focus :huh:. I hope that means more progression in the story :fluttershy:. They can’t leave it to just that nerd poneh appearance this long :scoots:

Chapter 3 didn’t go very far with the plot at all then :worry:

G5 sure is in need of some kind of plot after so many years in production.

• 4 weeks later...

i think they're trying to just have a, you know, slice of life episodic adventure series. every gen is going to do something different, and we have no choice but to accept that. but one thing is for sure, they NEED to provide answers to what happened after g4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-04-05 at 5:23 AM, Splashee said:

Chapter 3 didn’t go very far with the plot at all then :worry:

G5 sure is in need of some kind of plot after so many years in production.

Whatever the case, I feel like G5 is not making advantage of its momentum. TYT can do so much, specially with a biweekly release now, but do we have to wait half a year for a new MYM chapter? Specially if most of them are specials and not seasons :scoots:?

On 2023-04-28 at 12:05 PM, twilightlicious69 said:

i think they're trying to just have a, you know, slice of life episodic adventure series. every gen is going to do something different, and we have no choice but to accept that. but one thing is for sure, they NEED to provide answers to what happened after g4

Kinda thrown out of the window by revealing nerd poneh in the chapter two commercial :oh_golly: