Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What weapons (or abilities, units, etc.) do you like to use to defeat your enemies?

Luna the Great of all the Russias

(edited)

What are your favourite weapons (or abilities, etc.) from any game for defeating your enemies? Said means can either be standard in the game, or be considered some sort of superweapon or special ability.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 2

I like elemental weapons, especially fire. If the weapon stats are decent, I will choose a flamethrower or similar over a regular gun. Lightning or acid based weapons are also cool. The Borderlands series of games have it even better in that there are lots of guns that shoot bullets (or plasma blasts etc) that sete enemies on fire, electrocute or melt them. 

I love using magic on enemies in games, and out of all the elements of magic, my absolute favorite is lightning. When it comes to weapons, I love guns. In close combat or any kind of sword duel, I love using anything that is fast, like a short sword. 

Spike in Ori and the Will of the Wisps is one of the most satisfying weapons I've ever used in any game.

You dash into the air in a random direction, which can be used to dodge an attack, then a light spear slowly materializes in your hand. You hang in the air for a moment, giving you some time to choose the target, before launching the spear. It aims automatically and flies crazy fast, making it hard for you to miss.

That moment in the air before you throw, the speed, and the shockwave it creates on impact makes it feel incredibly powerful. If you focus on this weapon alone, you destroy all regular enemies in one hit and gain energy faster than you can use it on spears.

Here are my weapon preferences for the games that I've been playing recently:

Destiny 2 - Void subclass for abilities; auto rifles, glaives, and rocket launchers for weapons.

State of Decay 2 - sharp melee weapons and semi-automatic rifles.

Fallout 4 - I just use whatever I feel like using as long as I have plenty of ammo for that weapon, but I do like to use pipe rifles and the lazar musket.

Minecraft - I like to use the axe or sword with high tier sharpness enchantments like IV or V.

Valheim - I've been sticking to spears and swords, at least in the bronze age.

I can't give a general example of what weapons and/or abilities I would use in video games because it significantly differs from each game, and I play a wide variety of games.

It depends on the game and situation for me, but i have preferences on how i defeat my enemies.

Final Fantasy XI - Normally summoner is my main job so I stick with staves and summoning magic, but I use 2-3 staves in terms of my job role. Not only I use the job for party use, but also for solo play as well. I keep my distance away from the enemies to get enough to time to re-summon my summoning magic. Weapon skills, I use 3 weapon skills and I use summoning magic and pet commands as well. Samurai is another job I use, but only for some situations or whenever a melee job is needed and I use 2-3 weapon skills to go along with 2-3 job abilities.

Borderlands - well for borderlands 2, I use slag element and in combination of another weapon and I use my action skills to ensure i defeat my enemies or escape and I keep my weapons to the highest level. For 3 and pre-sequel, pretty much the same as 2, but I use cryo weapons to freeze enemies and not give them a chance to hit me.

Dragon quest - Mainly abilities and spells to wipe out the enemies and i use the best weapons. In exception to 9, I use falcon blade to go along with falcon slash. For most metal slime hunting, I use axes and spears to take the chance in 1 hitting them and can guarantee a critical hit if the attack landed.

Kirby games - I always stick to my favorite abilities such as sword, beam, hammer, ninja, tornado, SSB, UFO, mirror, and ranger abilities to defeat the enemies and bosses more quickly. For Kirby clash series, I just stick to beam mage which can stop time and allowing me and the team to do a lot of damage. Sometimes i can't stick to these favorite abilities since there are some abilities that are meant to be used in certain areas of the stages for points of interests.