Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Annoying Youtube-isms

Luna the Great of all the Russias

On 2023-04-30 at 9:23 PM, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

This is an example of a video that annoyed me to such an extent that I stopped watching it part of the way. The fact that the video is about 10 minutes long makes me notably more stringent. These are the points:

• 0:00 - 1:00: Unnecessary introduction. This should be deleted.
  • 1:25 - 1:46: The personal anecdote does not provide the viewer any useful information on the company. It should be deleted.
  • 1:46 - 2:50: Could have condensed this entire section to simply say that they charge a notably higher price than other sellers.
  • 3:02 - 3:10: Do not promote yourself in the middle of the video. This single point has maade the video immensely more obnoxious.
  • 4:13 - 4:18: This is the point where I leave the video, and I have lost whatever interest I may have had in seeing this Youtubers' other videos. As with the Discord promotion, I find the subscription animation to be immensely obnoxious. The closest to a positive point I can make here is that there are no sound effects being played. 

:yay:GENIUS

I don't like it when there are too many unnecessary jump cuts in a video. It makes the video feel way too fast and difficult for me to follow along. Like, I don't mind a few jump cuts but they need to be done appropriately and sparringly.

Also, having an inappropriate sponsor for a video. What I mean by this is like, there's one YouTuber I remember who made a video about bad things Amazon had done (and they made it very clear that they don't like Amazon as a company) but halfway through they had a sponsor segment and said it was sponsored by Audible, which is owned by Amazon. :scoots:

If you're going to take a sponsor at least make sure you do your research into that company as well to make sure they don't have any direct ties to that other company you're trying to expose. Well, that's assuming research was even done at all to begin with on the actual topic of the video beyond skimping over Wikipedia and news stories. bleh