Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How many posts have you made here in a single day?

Dreambiscuit

(edited)

Obviously we have quite a few ponies who spend a lot of time on these forums and they post a lot of stuff. My question is: What’s the highest number of posts (it can be approximate) you have made in a single visit? The most I’ve ever done is about 50. But I know there are a lot of you who regularly post many more. What’s your record? In what section of the forums do you post the most?

As a bonus, how many new threads have you started in a single day?

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I have posted 75 posts in a single day back in 2020, but only once. And the highest number of threads in a day for me is 1.

I had a feeling you'd have a pretty high count @Splashee! That's very impressive.

• Brohoof 1

I believe 66 was the most posts I made in a single day. This was almost five years ago, but I honestly couldn't imagine trying to do that again. :rarity:

• Brohoof 2

The highest number of genuine posts that I feel like I've done would be about 40? But I'm closer to 1 a day now.

The most ever though would've been a posting game that was first to reach 1,000 votes by posting for one of the main characters or something? I don't completely remember. You had to wait for a different user to cast a vote though before voting again. Pinkie Pie had a huge lead but overnight two people had gone back and forth and caught up with Rarity. I pulled 2 all nighters after that to try and keep the lead. Someone else I was working with was much faster than me and was able to do more work. We lost in the end. I'd guess that would've come out close to 300 posts in one day though?

I remember during my first year or two on the forums there was a section on our profiles that graphed activity. When I first saw it, it was fun to see the various parts of the year, week and day I had been most active, and in which sections as well.

Then a few years back there was an award thing that used to display on the homepage daily achievements and it included most posts for the day. I think it might have encouraged spamming though and it was often the same few users getting the same awards day after day?

uuummmmmmmm ... I don't know for certain so I guess I should have never made more than 30 posts in a single visit, and there have been days when I made at least 20. So .. something between 20 and 30. Regarding threads this is much easier. I made in total 4 threads ( in > 2 years) and never more than one thread per visit

• Brohoof 2

I don't make as many posts here as I used to although this is something I really do need to change. I think the most I've made in a single day is somewhere around fifteen. Yeah, it's not that much compared to what some others here have done.

I have seen myself more of a lurker than a poster. I do not know what my highest was in a single day, but I usually make fewer than 10 posts per week. Though I think I have been more active than that on average in recent months.

There is something strange about higher post count = higher status -- the particularities of forum culture.

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I had a feeling you'd have a pretty high count @Splashee! That's very impressive.

I'll be the first to hit 100,000 in the year 2030. By then we will be on MLP G7.5 :mlp_icwudt:

I can't imagine that I've ever exceeded 15-20 posts in one day here. I regularly make only one or two in a day I post and don't post every day to begin with..

To think that once, a long time ago, when I was in my mid-teens, when forums were much more active, I once made a thousand posts in one day on a forum. :O I can't even imagine how such a thing happened. I was a teenager, very chatty, the forum was fun. IDK. Now it takes me like ten years to reach 1000 posts on a forum. lol

• Brohoof 1

That is something I never thought about. I want to say 1-3 posts per day but I will make more if I actually feel like looking into new threads.

• Brohoof 1