Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discrepancy between "Who's Online" and "Forum Staff Online"

Luna the Great of all the Russias

image.thumb.png.f2152205fac3411558b618a7b8c33eaa.png

Here, Jeric does not appear in the "Who's Online" list of users, but he does in the "Forum Staff Online" list of users. Assuming this is not intentional, I noticed that, unlike the other staff members listed here, Jeric has set to obfuscate when it is he is online. I am wondering if "Forum Staff Online" list ignores this, and displays all staff online regardless of it.

• Brohoof 1

User groups that are part of staff will always show in the Staff Online. Being anonymous means you don’t show where you are posting or what you are reading. If staff were completely anonymous, never to be seen, it wouldn’t be good for a community.

Other than that, the Staff Online is a little slower at updating than Who’s Online. But it is mostly accurate.

On 2023-04-10 at 11:37 PM, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

image.thumb.png.f2152205fac3411558b618a7b8c33eaa.png

Here, Jeric does not appear in the "Who's Online" list of users, but he does in the "Forum Staff Online" list of users. Assuming this is not intentional, I noticed that, unlike the other staff members listed here, Jeric has set to obfuscate when it is he is online. I am wondering if "Forum Staff Online" list ignores this, and displays all staff online regardless of it.

Goor catch. Forum Staff Online does indeed ignore some of the built-in anon browsing features. I do not recall if that was intentional or if filtering down to a specific group automatically ignores anon browsing configuration (which is usually not completely anonymous anyway).