Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP is humanity if humans never "fell"

Samuel L Changeling

I have a rather interesting theory about MLP I thought I'd share that you may or may not agree but still interesting enough it's worth sharing.

I believe that MLP and the story of Equestria in general is what humanity's path would have been had we not given in towards are darker desires.

Really think about it for a moment imagine if for a minute if every nation had a person who was pure of heart and genuinely wanted the best out of their nations and of course more than willing to work with other nations as well.

Next picture that for the most part people really did care about each other.

Lastly, picture that with such unity and bonding we start to develop seemingly superhuman abilities on some people.

Learning to feel and understand the land at an indepth level : the soil, farming etc (earth pony magic) or gaining a collective energy that allows one to to connect their own energy to that  of world's own working: working secret magics to allow changing things as desired (unicorn magic)

Last but not least with combined collective unity ones dreams could quite literally take flight or rather the body could evolve itself to fly simply next such is desired. Basically, think angels in a nutshell. (Pegasister magic).

Anyhow, I feel like MlP:FIM is humanity if we weren't all jerks to each other and our leaders weren't all evil and don't try to say yours is the exception Because they're not, they're jerks and they don't care about anyone but themselves lol.

• Brohoof 3

This is an interesting theory, I don't think that I would necessarily agree exactly, I can sort of understand your train of though here though.
I have a fair bit I would love to add to this topic but unfortunately I do not have the time right now to elaborate since it is rapidly approaching the end of the night where I live and bed is very much on the horizon. But I do intend on posting a much more extensive reply to this thread later though when I have the time to do so :)

Edited by Vinyl Scratch.
Symantics
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Star heart 777 said:

Anyhow, I feel like MlP:FIM is humanity if we weren't all jerks to each other and our leaders weren't all evil and don't try to say yours is the exception Because they're not, they're jerks and they don't care about anyone but themselves lol.

You're cherry-picking the nice parts and ignoring all the bad, and then doing the opposite to humans. Not that I am defending humans, but your version of the cartoon's world only exists in your headcanon.

I'd rather live in the world without the petty goddess that can revoke everyone's sun privileges because she's sour people sleep at night. And that is why I love fanfiction. In it people actually can make a near utopian Equestria if they feel like.

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, Metemponychosis said:

You're cherry-picking the nice parts and ignoring all the bad, and then doing the opposite to humans. Not that I am defending humans, but your version of the cartoon's world only exists in your headcanon.

I'd rather live in the world without the petty goddess that can revoke everyone's sun privileges because she's sour people sleep at night. And that is why I love fanfiction. In it people actually can make a near utopian Equestria if they feel like.

I never meant to imply Equestria was a perfect utopia simply that humans would be of a similar nature if we had developed better. 

True, there are issue but it would be better than we have now. 

Granted from our current point of view it certainly would seem like a utopia but that's because again every single leader we seem to choose is evil and yes I say this without even one exception as a statement of fact.

If you can even acknowledge one single leader that isn't point them out to prove me wrong.

• Brohoof 1

58 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

A wholesome thought, but where'd our fingers go?

I think you misunderstood what I mean we would still be human in form so we would still have fingers and such. Like EG when they "pony up" as they call it. Like but with a stronger and longer lasting effect.

• Brohoof 1

Just to make this perfectly clear for anyone else reading this is NOT meant to be a human vs pony comparison that is not at what I'm trying to get at.

Instead, I only mean to point out how things could have been different for our past. 

A kind of fun "what if" if you will.

• Brohoof 1

Of course, a world in total friendship and harmony is something we all would enjoy. Until/or/if humanity gets there, we must try to find what is good and makes us happy. I start with staying away from bad things as much as possible, and joins the good and happy stuff. Don't fight the bad ones, ignore and trot away.

We all make mistakes and keep falling, not just because we are humans. Ponies keep falling too. I don't see MLP and Equestria as a perfect world without conflict.

• 1 month later...
On 2023-04-13 at 7:12 AM, Star heart 777 said:

I never meant to imply Equestria was a perfect utopia simply that humans would be of a similar nature if we had developed better. 

True, there are issue but it would be better than we have now. 

Granted from our current point of view it certainly would seem like a utopia but that's because again every single leader we seem to choose is evil and yes I say this without even one exception as a statement of fact.

If you can even acknowledge one single leader that isn't point them out to prove me wrong.

I joined just to say no bullshit on that not a fact at all people really don't see the good in the world or people like me I know am an asshole with more than a few bad traits but I know I have some good ones there duality in most things and people( yes there are exceptions ) And I know human history is full of great good bad and yes evil leaders. 

you want you to say it's a fact that every human leader is evil then provide evidence go on sure you got easy ones nowadays like Putin but what about his enemy are you going to call him evil? zelensky made a bad joke maybe or are you going to try and pick on our ancient ancestors for their choices look at their way of life and just good there all evil after all if all are leaders are evil then there can't be any good people that what your argument sounds like.

also, I don't see a Utopia(yes i know you didn't call it one) in mlp at most I find it amazing it didn't fall faster (gen 5) 

also if you mean leaders as in leaders of nations or just leaders in generals because that's two different answers but still boils down to wow it like you forgot that where a race that lived on this earth a long time there are pretty modern examples you just have to find them

Okay, let me.ask you this in terms of being a leader of a nation how much would you say is fair to hold said leader responsible for when it comes to short comings of that nation?

Are they responsible for government failures on just a national level, or a little of the local as well?

What of in terms of corporation issues if said corporation is in some way involved directly in the public life such as say medical hospitals?

That is kind of what I am getting myself here.

We could look at failure after failure such as schools never teaching you practical information: your rights, how to do taxes etc etc

And I am not talking of any fantastical such as perfect A honor students here or even that all of them will even have a basic grasp of such practical information only that it should be available for public learning.

We could spend all day picking apart any number of issues and failures in relation to government or government related areas.

The question being are these issues due to negligence, ignorance or willfully done?