Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A social experiment to see power of group belief...

user unknown

For anyone who is interested I'd like to propose a little experiment on here to see what if any effect group belief has on the individual person.

The question of the experiment being what changes or effect will happen to someone if the belief of that person and others is changed?

To put it in much simpler and easier to understand terms what if we created RP but more or less kept it going 24/7?

• if you're pretending to be an alicorn you have to believe you are one, feel the wings, the horn, imagine leading ponies etc etc.
  • Or if you're a dragon you feel the strength and heat coming from your stomach.
  • And so on n so forth.

in other words you live it, dream it etc and others in the experiment would have to so as well. 

So, what do you all say is is this idea something that might interest anyone else or no?

I put this here because while I could be wrong I am guessing that no one on here RP's this EXTREMELY which is understandable giving that this does ask a lot of commitment.

In other words true if enough are interested it could one day become a new RP category but for now (correct if wrong here) I doubt such a category or idea on the RP section exists currently. So, I thought the general discussion would be the next best thing.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle ✨
Improved formatting for easier reading.
  • Brohoof 1

On 2023-04-17 at 8:39 AM, Princess Celestia said:

Is this for me?

I'm an Alicorn in my mind.

No horn, no wings is needed, they are just in my mind.

Like this, maybe :coco:

Celestiaearthpony.png.61ff0a590564b85f5a14ce491456b7d5.png

It's for any and all who want to try it 

On 2023-04-16 at 4:39 AM, Star heart 777 said:

n other words true if enough are interested it could one day become a new RP category but for now (correct if wrong here) I doubt such a category or idea on the RP section exists currently. So, I thought the general discussion would be the next best thing.

Can’t really decide if you’re asking for a suggestion regarding RP or an open general discussion. So I’m moved your thread over to the RP suggestion.

It's kind of both in a way. What I am asking is about RPing but far more indepth in nature for actually training the body or mind. It's hard to explain but I can try further if you like. 

22 hours ago, Star heart 777 said:

It's kind of both in a way. What I am asking is about RPing but far more indepth in nature for actually training the body or mind. It's hard to explain but I can try further if you like. 

Hmm I’m interested to see what you mean- explain more if you can. :wacko:

It's just  a small idea I had of just far rping as ones character could go exactly. Not to the point of total insanity of course.

My thinking is that life that is our very lives basically amount to a type RP if you think about it. 

So, yeah you could say it is a bit of an experiment for the mind. 

Exploring between fiction and reality if you will to see what comes of it. 

.in simple terms projecting yourself more directly into your character. 

5 hours ago, Star heart 777 said:

It's just  a small idea I had of just far rping as ones character could go exactly. Not to the point of total insanity of course.

My thinking is that life that is our very lives basically amount to a type RP if you think about it. 

So, yeah you could say it is a bit of an experiment for the mind. 

Exploring between fiction and reality if you will to see what comes of it. 

.in simple terms projecting yourself more directly into your character. 

Hmm I see what you mean- something more advanced and somewhat gives the people the feeling of being deeply absorbed into the RP itself. And you’re saying it’s not just the general RP we have here but something much more in depth. 

35 minutes ago, TBD said:

Hmm I see what you mean- something more advanced and somewhat gives the people the feeling of being deeply absorbed into the RP itself. And you’re saying it’s not just the general RP we have here but something much more in depth. 

Yes, that is correct. The overall goal being on self improvement and growth instead of the usual adventure types of rping.

It can certainly be alot of fun but also a different experience as well.

One key thing is that for this RP there is no such thing as "OP" the only limit is that you keep the character to what you feel you can relate to.

Well, that and you don't want to go for too dark and evil a character as that wouldn't work too well.

Let me give some  good examples to further illustrate here.

Let's say you want to talk an angel but the idea makes you a bit nervous.

Well, if you create a character that is an angel, you can start putting yourself more into the shoes of one and begin to imagine yourself talking with other angels as well which would eventually make it alot easier for you to try to communicate with one.

Another thing could be you want to learn how to read the aura of someone else but you're not  very confident about yourself you could create an alicorn or otherwise OP magical character and that can make you feel more confident in working to learn how to read an aura.

Or you know whatever skill if you say want to learn how to speak a different language you could create who is from an area that speaks that language.

Finally, let's say you're dealing with an issue like say a sore back it could help make you feel a little better if you were to focus say a pegasus character and you're just drifting away through the clouds. 

Those are some of the things you can do with this sort of thing.