Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

do you sleep in the complete dark?

Reecejackox

Yes, I do.

can sleep while it is light if I have to but I prefer it be completely dark.

Yes. I do enjoy dark places. They are like a refuge for me. To protect me from the real danger. The light. It is also the reason I do not add light to my life. Because in that hope, there is also the source for every living shadow. In simpler words. I live with emptiness and acquaint myself to the pain that quenches the fire of passion, for this is the flame that consumed my family. Betrayal, adultery, and other crimes that source from that dangerous spark inside of us. That ambition - that instinct. It goes to show that you don't need to be a pathological individual like myself, in order to kill someone else.

There are so many ways to hurt people. To break the heart, to tarnish a promise, to fail someone who is terminal. You don't know the kind of stress that this can put into a person. Enough to cause the terminal disease itself.

But ever since childhood, I used to go to the living room at night, and sit there in the darkness. With the paintings of deceased family members to keep me company. I felt secure. And I was safe. Much more so than with actual family members. A cold heart, still intact. It makes me wonder whether that is the reason the child is still alive within me. Frozen in time.

Merely some philosophical musing as background to the actual developmental problems that affect this family. But it still adds up, psychologically speaking. Because you are now constantly contemplating what happened with a perspective of inevitability. That is the reason the dream is so important to me. A different kind of hope. One that cannot be reached or damaged.

Maybe that is the point. Since everything my family touched burned down. Yet, with us here now. There is this sense of stillness. Nothing has changed so far in more than ten years.

Also, the absence of light stimulates the production of melatonin to sleep.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

Not quite.

I have to leave the door open for the cat to have access to all her things or she'll meow at the door incessantly to come in or out, and I have a Turtle just outside whom we've left a tank light on for at all times because he sleeps plenty throughout the day, and we don't have a consistent schedule that allows us to be home at exact times. In hind sight, I should've bought an outlet timer ages ago.

The light is less bothersome than the 3 water filters we have going though.

I wish, for the most part I fall asleep in a partially dark room illuminated by any assortment of LED's my desk is emitting at the time. I could technically get a completely dark room if I turned off my speakers completely and unplugged all of the peripherals from my laptop, but honestly that is too much work when I'm trying to claw my way into bed so I usually just put up with it. :please:

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I also need to be in complete darkness to sleep. The only light I get is the little bit that manages to seep through the windows

• Brohoof 1

No, I leave the light on in another room. Just so I can see something if I happen to wake up when it's still dark instead of crashing into walls and random objects. :ButtercupLaugh: The only exception is in summer and when I lived in an apartment where there was just enough light in the backyard.

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Nightmare Mirage said:

do you sleep in the complete dark?

Yes, of course.

You are so funny dear sister, I know you where sleeping on duty.

No problem my dear, take your plushie, and I'll take your night shift again.

6954 - celestia luna.jpg

4 minutes ago, Princess Celestia said:

You are so funny dear sister, I know you where sleeping on duty.

No problem my dear, take your plushie, and I'll take your night shift again.

6954 - celestia luna.jpg

Provided thou'st don't sleep in for days as afore! 

7 hours ago, Brony Number 42 said:

I sleep during the day and I hang black bags over the windows. It is amazing how a tiny hole can allow so much light it. I can't get it complety dark, but dark enough.

Cardboard and duct tape are your friends. Or if you really want to paint the windows.

5 hours ago, Vinyl Scratch. said:

I am really hoping this is due to light leak and not an electrical issue!

No, it's made that way. I guess so you can find the switch in the dark.

• Brohoof 1