Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

no critique Captain Koby x F Reader |Let Me Take Care Of You|

Venomous

I write insert fan fictions.

DO NOT CRITIQUE !

4613EEC3-841F-45B6-A481-9AA122740EF9.jpeg

You and Koby have been together for nearly 3 years. The two of you lived together quite comfortably, your home being larger than most. The income you both gathered was enough to get you into the "very well off" category. Still, neither of you flaunted it. You simply didn't see that as necessary and Koby got nervous when talking about it, repeating "Well, I didn't mean it that way!" or "I-I know we are both well off but I don't want to brag!" with a blush plastered across his cheeks.

It was only you, him, and your dog.

Koby was attending to matters with his fellow Marines while you were at home...suffering. You called off of work because you weren't feeling well. Your stomach was in knots, a fever was encroaching, and had nasal congestion. It felt like the flu. It also felt like you couldn't get warm enough no matter how many blankets you put over yourself along with the sweatshirt, sweatpants, and slippers you were already wearing on your body. The shivering was non-stop. The couch may as well been your home at this point because you couldn't find the strength to get up and off of it. When you did try to stand up, you felt faint.

You had no concept of time, having no idea how long you had been lying there. Drifting in and out of sleep with an overall delirious feeling might as well had taken away all of your basic knowledge: telling time, counting, etc. You felt that screwed up. It had been about 9 hours since you lied down and didn't realize until now that Koby was gone. You remember he had to go into see Garp today but your memory seemed to have thrown that part of your day out. Nothing was making sense to you thanks to your now high fever.

You hear the front door to your home open. It's Koby. He hangs up his Marine jacket and scarf, takes off his shoes, and happily walks over to you. "Hi, blossom. I'm sorry that I was gone for long... the meeting turned into something else entirely. Garp was angry, Helmeppo and I were caught in the middle, Smoker had a lot to say- it was just crazy. Again, I'm sorry. You know I hate being away from you for even a little while. I just love you so much".

You don't respond.

Koby registers the fact that you are engulfed in blankets. The only part of you not is half of your face. He also notices that all of the lights are off. He looks down at you with confusion.

"Hey, what's wrong, [Y/N]?"

You stir and let out a mumble.

Koby bends down to your level and softly brushes the hair from your face. He quickly discerns that something is seriously wrong and takes the blanket completely off of your face. "You don't look good, blossom, not at all. What's going on? Tell me how you feel". Before you can respond, he stands back up and turns on a nearby light.

A small level of strength arises in you and you say that nothing is wrong. A weak smile follows.

Your husband feels your forehead and it doesn't take long for him to deduce that you have a fever.

"You say that you're fine but it's clear that you're not. You have a raging fever, your eyes are bloodshot, you're pale, you're shaking, and you sound really congested. When did this start? Please tell me you stayed home today!"

"It started today. I did stay home" was all you could mutter

"Oh, [Y/N] you poor thing... Here, let me help you upstairs. I can get a nice bath running for you and then you can get into your pajamas and go straight to bed. You'll be much more comfortable in bed than you will be here". The pink hair man slowly and delicately sits you up. You suddenly become light headed and a tidal wave of nausea hits you. A gag leaves your mouth and you put the palm of your hand up to it to indicate to him that you are about to lose it. "Are you going to throw up? Uhh, here! Use this little trash can!" he exclaims, rapidly bringing a nearby little trash can up to your face. You hold onto it.

You proceed to vomit. Koby rubs your back and hold the hood of your sweatshirt back so it doesn't get touched by the fluid. "Shh...Shh.. Just let it out, okay? I'm here" he says sweetly albeit with this eyes closed. After a few minutes, the vomiting ceases. While it was unpleasant, you admittedly felt a little better. That is actually made apparent quickly, as your lightheadedness dissipates and you can now speak with more vigor. After Koby you cleans you up a bit, you embrace him in a tight hug. "It's alright, honey. I'm going to help you" he whispers.

He picks you up bridal style, kisses you on the forehead, and carries you up the staircase to your bedroom. He lies you down onto the bed and removes all of the blankets that were on you previously. He then steps away to start a warm bath for you. It takes about 10 minutes for the bathtub to fill up with water and Koby is careful to ensure it is just the right temperature. He comes back into the bedroom and steadily sits you up. "Let me help you get undressed, okay?" he says.

You oblige and lift up both your arms. The sweatshirt is slid off only leaving you in one of Koby's T-shirts, a pair of your sweatpants, and a pair of your [F/C] slippers. Koby giggles at the sight. You love wearing his shirts. You tell him you can take every remaining article off yourself. You were slightly embarrassed that your husband had to help undress you... "Okay, no problem. Take your time. Here is a towel you can put over yourself when you're done and you can walk into the bathroom with it. I won't look!" He places the palm of his hand over his eyes with those last words.

You did not realize how sore your muscles were until this moment. The movements involved in taking off your clothes caused your muscles to scream out in agony. A few breaks were needed. After everything was off, you get off the bed and wrap the grey towel Koby left for you around your body. He takes his hand off of his eyes and helps walk you into the bathroom by walking behind you and putting his hands around your waist. Once you make it inside, he closes the door behind you and lets you get into the bath in privacy. You normally would have invited him to join you and vise versa but you did not feel up to it at the moment.

You take off the towel and, whilst you are sitting in the bath trying to relax, Koby is laying out a fresh, clean pair of pajamas for you: one of his T-shirts, a pair of your underwear, and your favorite pair of sweatpants. He also closes the curtains and blinds and pulls the comforter back and fluffs up your pillow Finally, he puts 2 pain decreasing pills on your nightstand with a glass of water. He himself gets into his pajamas and lies down. However, he continues to listen carefully should you call out for his help.

You were only in the bath for 15 minutes. While the warm water helped ease your chills and sore muscles and eased your congestion thanks to the humidity, you desperately wanted to be in your bed. Rising from the tub, you drain the water and step out. You then put your towel back on and brush your teeth. After that, you walk back into the bedroom and put the clothes Koby left out for you on. Your husband rushes to your side and succored you with lying down onto the mattress. You close your eyes and feel yourself about to fall asleep but Koby boops you on the nose. Opening your eyes, you see that he is handing you the pain relievers in one hand and the glass of water in the other. You sit up.

"Thanks" you say as you boop his nose in return.

You swallow both of the pills with the aid of the water. He takes the glass back from you and places it back onto the nightstand. You smile at each other when he kisses your lips. It's soft but passionate. He caresses your cheek with one of his hands and the kiss gets deeper. You wrap your arms around his shoulders and he puts his free hand on your thigh. The kiss lasts awhile but he does pull away. Before he can speak, you tell him that he will catch whatever it is you have. He insist it's fine and that he would rather not be around Garp's recent angry self if he can help it.

He then leans his forehead onto yours and looks into your tired eyes and smiles.

"Get some rest, blossom, okay? Don't be afraid to tell me if you need anything. I'll be staying home with you until you are back on your feet. You always come first".

Lying back down, you fall asleep almost instantaneously. Koby puts the comforter on you and gives you another kiss on your forehead. Turning off the lights, he proceeds to get ready for bed himself...even though it was only 6:00pm. 

He was going to stick by your side as close and often as he could to make certain that you recover.

Edited by The Wife of Law

• The title was changed to Captain Koby x F Reader |Let Me Take Care Of You|