Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there a hidden message or story within MLP?

Samuel L Changeling

Often times even if not intended to by the author or film maker when works of fiction are done they contain an element or two of truth.

Some times it's just something small but other times it can almost be a story within a story.

For example Star Wars clearly has a lot of religious symbolism (E.G. Light side vs dark side= light magic vs dark magic symbolism).

So, do you think MLP has any of this and if so what hidden story  or stories within it do you see?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think the message is that friendship is like magic. It is not real, but we make believe. Which essentially means we are doomed! Doooomed! Wait, what is this? Fruit jellies. Forget about it. We are saved. Wait, "Does not contain real sugar?". We are doooomed, again!

Do you understand the metaphor here? It seems like I don't. But I do. You see. The problem is this kind of binary thinking. For whenever you try to go up, the world will bring down in equal measure to the altitude you tried to reach.

So... I have a better solution to your good/evil example. And that is called "silence". Dear user. What is the spell that prevents all magic? Yes, it is called "silence". Well done. And it is not necessarily a matter of something as mundane as polarities. But neutrality, instead. To become the smallest quantifiable measure. The closest you can get to death, without dying. That is how you never lose. By not winning.

Do you understand? So, you become the highest and the lowest. And in doing so, you adquire the understanding that one leads inevitably to the other, and thefore deny both sides of the force. Renouncing to what is essentially the source of all conflict. "Power", in whatever form it may take. Desire, greed, lust. Even friendship. For it is also the source of rivarly. Like with many other things that start with good intentions. That is what Twilight failed to understand - her idealistic view only brought further destruction down the line. Because we are not ready. And we will never be ready to co-exist in a near perfect state of harmony. For we will try to destroy anything that is near perfect, given our inherent imperfection. The same way people envy celebrities for no rason, other than feeling inferior than these individuals who are ultimately as human as they themselves. Yet, that does not stop the hatred. And thus, nothing ever will. Except for the closest thing to real peace. Which is, as I said; death.

That is what I call real magic.

(1989 characters. The date I was born in... Also, do not get crazy ideas. Life has much to offer. So, try to understand that the source of my unusual view is my lessened body. After which my mind took shape like a schism that reveals the end before the beginning - the inevitable. So, have hope and believe in life, or feel free to be despondent as I am. There is enjoyment in every aspect. Even rejection of the world. If you can appreciate the beauty that lies within the dream that we both call hope. In whatever form it may take. Family, friends, children, work, art, devotion, dedication, etc, etc, etc).

Edited by They call me Loyalty

1 hour ago, They call me Loyalty said:

I think the message is that friendship is like magic. It is not real, but we make believe. Which essentially means we are doomed! Doooomed! Wait, what is this? Fruit jellies. Forget about it. We are saved. Wait, "Does not contain real sugar?". We are doooomed, again!

Do you understand the metaphor here? It seems like I don't. But I do. You see. The problem is this kind of binary thinking. For whenever you try to go up, the world will bring down in equal measure to the altitude you tried to reach.

So... I have a better solution to your good/evil example. And that is called "silence". Dear user. What is the spell that prevents all magic? Yes, it is called "silence". Well done. And it is not necessarily a matter of something as mundane as polarities. But neutrality, instead. To become the smallest quantifiable measure. The closest you can get to death, without dying. That is how you never lose. By not winning.

Do you understand? So, you become the highest and the lowest. And in doing so, you adquire the understanding that one leads inevitably to the other, and thefore deny both sides of the force. Renouncing to what is essentially the source of all conflict. "Power", in whatever form it may take. Desire, greed, lust. Even friendship. For it is also the source of rivarly. Like with many other things that start with good intentions. That is what Twilight failed to understand - her idealistic view only brought further destruction down the line. Because we are not ready. And we will never be ready to co-exist in a near perfect state of harmony. For we will try to destroy anything that is near perfect, given our inherent imperfection. The same way people envy celebrities for no rason, other than feeling inferior than these individuals who are ultimately as human as they themselves. Yet, that does not stop the hatred. And thus, nothing ever will. Except for the closest thing to real peace. Which is, as I said; death.

That is what I call real magic.

(1989 characters. The date I was born in... Also, do not get crazy ideas. Life has much to offer. So, try to understand that the source of my unusual view is my lessened body. After which my mind took shape like a schism that reveals the end before the beginning - the inevitable. So, have hope and believe in life, or feel free to be despondent as I am. There is enjoyment in every aspect. Even rejection of the world. If you can appreciate the beauty that lies within the dream that we both call hope. In whatever form it may take. Family, friends, children, work, art, devotion, dedication, etc, etc, etc).

I disagree for in silence we let other speak for us and when you allow others to speak for you the dreams you desire cease to matter as they are no longer YOUR dreams anymore.

2 minutes ago, Star heart 777 said:

I disagree for in silence we let other speak for us and when you allow others to speak for you the dreams you desire cease to matter as they are no longer YOUR dreams anymore.

No one can take my dreams. Because they are just that. Therefore, they are not real. And cannot be taken away. I cannot even have them. But they sustain me, regardless. Thus, I have nothing, but still feel somewhat complete? It is strange... even to myself. Yet, a part of me still hungers. But that is just our human nature, after all. And those very dreams are what keep me suspended over this empty space inside ourselves, that we all know so well.

But this view will not take you far in life. So, you have to fight. The difference is that there was a consession made in my name. That people can realize when they look at me. I have lost the strength to fight. But not everyone will be so considerate with a normal individual. Still , I've seen the pity in their eyes when they looked at me. But I also seen the hatred, and jealousy when they looked at friends who are stronger and healthier than myself. So, fight back, if you have to. Nobody said it was easy. But unfortunataly, I have lost what I cannot replace. And with it, my interest in the real world. It is better this way.

When the cartoon started I believed that there was a message in the Elements of Harmony. It's pretty obvious and on the nose that there is something larger than the sum of all parts that makes things work if everyone does their part. And I'm not talking about anything supernatural, it's literally that things work out when you accept differences and coexist, work together toward a greater good.

• 4 weeks later...