Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Match 8: Team Moon vs. Yakyakistan

Props Valroa

Match 8: Team Moon vs. Yakyakistan   

24 users have voted

1. 1. Team Moon or YakYakistan

• Yakyakistan: Yona, Pinkie Pie, Prince Rutherford, Rockhooeve, and Star Swirl the bearded.
    • Team Moon: Luna, Fluttershy, Pony of Shadows, Midnight Twilight, and Opaline.

This poll is closed to new votes

image.thumb.png.144fd8f5ba0f173c2e00f76d52259038.png

The Yaks enjoyed sharing their culture and open trade marketing across the equestria. Prince Rutherford believes by being open to the world it will bring friendliness between them and the creatures in Equestria. While Prince Rutherford had good intentions, mixing cultures and open trade’s market led the Yaks to feel growing apart from their own ancestral culture. 

image.thumb.png.cf6bc6f960fb0f095a91f81339379329.png

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, there ruled two regal sisters who together created peace and harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her Alicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn; the younger brought out the moon to begin the night. As such, the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and all their subjects, the earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns. Not only that but they protected them from many dangerous foes. Monsters, tyrants and brutes, all who would have no doubt destroyed Equestria and plunge it into chaos and despair, were all brought down thanks to their unity.

But as time went on, the eldest sister grew fearful. For every foe the sisters faced, she worried that a new more powerful one would appear out of the shadows and the two would not be able to stop it. She was convinced only in the light of her day that they could perceive an upcoming threat. So one fateful day, the paranoid elder Alicorn refused to lower the sun to make way for the darkness of night, convinced it was the only way to forever save the kingdom from danger. The younger sister tried to reason with her, saying that the balance between day and night must be kept but the fear in the elder one's heart corrupted her into believing that she alone must rule Equestria and safeguard it. From this hubris she transformed her into a wicked mare of power: Coronal Flare.

She vowed that she would cover the land in eternal day, for no enemy could hide in the light. Reluctantly, the younger sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to ponydom: the Elements of Harmony. Using the magic of the Elements of Harmony, she defeated her elder sister, and banished her permanently into the sun. The younger sister took on responsibility for both the moon and the sun, a heavy burden to bear on her body as well as her soul, but the balance of peace and harmony was maintained in Equestria ever since - hence taking on the name Lunara.

Shiny Silvermoon would arrive, still with her cheerleader set, all excited for this match. The Team Moon, her team, was finally there. She was more than ready to encourage her team but first, she wanted the challengers of her team to introduce themselves since it was a secret until now.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Rising Dusk trotted out into the sidelines of the Buckball Field. Having replaced his usual beige hoodie for one of dark night sky purple, spackled with the showing of the first stars, finished with the print of the black and crescent moon mark of their dear Princess.

The stallion stopped and spun in place to face the crowd. His horn ignited in a fierce orange and black aura. The right pouch of his black saddle bag peeled open. From inside a dark banner unfurrowed and spilled out on the side of the field. How did it all fit inside the small saddle bag? That was for more sane minds to answer.

"HOIST THE COLORS!"

The pouch closed and the aura of his magic took hold the large mess of cloth. With a swift strike the banner sprung up and tall.

wfzjMQu_d.webp

Edited by Rising Dusk
  • Brohoof 3

18 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

"HOIST THE COLORS!"

wfzjMQu_d.webp

You now belong to a greater good, and you answer to a higher call!
You are part of the best and greatest, and there is no room for failure!
You will leave behind all weakness! You are no longer a mortal!
You are a indestructible Soldier of the Night!

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

You now belong to a greater good, and you answer to a higher call!
You are part of the best and greatest, and there is no room for failure!
You will leave behind all weakness! You are no longer a mortal!
You are a indestructible Soldier of the Night!

Soldiers of the Night, Children of the Night? :orly:

13 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

@Princess Silky, about the challengers of the Team Moon... When I told you that they were true angels so it would be easy for you to convince them to be friendly... I DIDN'T LIE AT ALL!!!

BEHOLD!!! THE CHALLENGERS OF THE TEAM MOON...

Ooooh I was number 11 on the vote! Wooooh :D
You got this guys!

I still remember the last world cup, so I already knew who was going to win this match going in. Valiant effort Team Yakyakistan. :adorkable:

3 minutes ago, Cash In said:

I still remember the last world cup, so I already knew who was going to win this match going in. Valiant effort Team Yakyakistan. :adorkable:

"You are wrong! Yaks are very strong and that they have many tricks up their sleeves, I'm sure! We must be vigilant! They actually have Pinkie Pie!" Shiny Silvermoon tried to cheer up the other team even if it wasn't her purpose.

• Brohoof 1

"Luna the betrayer. Because of you...I lost everything. When Sombra returns again, you will know the real meaning of Night and Shadow."

• Brohoof 2

39 minutes ago, Crystal Mirage said:

"Luna the betrayer. Because of you...I lost everything. When Sombra returns again, you will know the real meaning of Night and Shadow."

"Don't talk to Princess Luna like this! She is a misunderstood princess! What did she do to you to deserve so much hatred?"

• Brohoof 3

20 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

"Don't talk to Princess Luna like this! She is a misunderstood princess! What did she do to you to deserve so much hatred?"

"Misunderstood indeed!" Mirage hissed, her eyes sparked in a faint golden aura. "A jealous sibling turned Nightmare Moon, her true form. Envy. Wait and see the demise she will bring...she ruined the Empire years past, she will ruin more again, and banish the innocent with them!"

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Crystal Mirage said:

"Misunderstood indeed!" Mirage hissed, her eyes sparked in a faint golden aura. "A jealous sibling turned Nightmare Moon, her true form. Envy. Wait and see the demise she will bring...she ruined the Empire years past, she will ruin more again, and banish the innocent with them!"

"This is an interesting point of view... But hissing at me won't help your cause. I always ask myself "What if I was wrong?" before taking something I think for truth. It often made me realize that many things in this world aren't like we think they are. Our perception of things that we consider like facts can be wrong. We are no gods after all."

• Brohoof 2

52 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

"This is an interesting point of view... But hissing at me won't help your cause. I always ask myself "What if I was wrong?" before taking something I think for truth. It often made me realize that many things in this world aren't like we think they are. Our perception of things that we consider like facts can be wrong. We are no gods after all."

"You weren't there." Mirage spoke just above a whisper, then walking behind a tree, she disappeared.

• Brohoof 2

"It is safe to say that Team Moon has this one in the bag...might be more of a blow out than the other ones!" the announcer chuckled over the mic.

Muwahahaha,,,

Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, The cow jumped over the moon

Is what was say-ed on many a day's end, but harken to these truths

The night descended, their world upended, no nursery rhymes for these chewers of cud

Pressing like thorns, we took the bull by the horns, and hurled it into the heavens above

There all shall meet their end, in luck with honor and grace

But the might of the moon cometh soon, and thou find themselves lost in space.

In the darkness hiding, Victors wrought tithing, such a hefty price to pay

For the yak sought a game with the devil, but had not a fiddle with which to play

69472__safe_screencap_princessluna_pony_lunaeclipsed_season2_animated_cloak_clothes_cloud_dramaticlighting_female_glowingeyes_hood_lightning_lowfrequenc.gif.c7a293a8cc53bcb07a1ecb953f7cfb09.gif

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Crystal Mirage said:

"You weren't there." Mirage spoke just above a whisper, then walking behind a tree, she disappeared.

"Where did she go?! We were having a conversation! Wow! She truly disappeared! Somepony needs to remind me to never play hide and seek with her! She'd beat me up!" Shiny exclaimed as she was lifting a rock to take a look under it in case Mirage was hidden under.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Sombra said:

"Yes... Let the moon rise and give more power to the abyss.... The moon gives hope to the ones who struggle in the night.... Not knowing that that hope 8s but not muhahahaha!"

"Why do I suddenly have this feeling that we are going on a dark path... Nah! That's probably nothing! Luna is the light of moon guiding everypony while they travel in the darkness of the night! Protecting them from what might be hidden in it!"

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Pony of Shadows said:

"The darkness will prevail... It is inevitable."

Pony_of_Shadows_%22even_in_my_weakened_s

"It's so weird! I can't get this strange feeling that we are actually going to become bad ponies away! But there is no proof of such a thing! But what if there were..."